Swansea City 0-0 West Ham Utd (20/12/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

CazzaVR
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Re: Swansea City vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by CazzaVR »

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/socia ... instagram/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

In a lot of places on the pitch, intent becomes an important factor in whether an incident is classed as handball or not.

I generally judge them by how much of an advantage you've gained. Even if it's from a yard away and it's hit hard, if the advantage from a handball is considerable enough, for me it's a handball. Collins hand stopped the ball from going in the net, it doesn't matter if it's down by his sides or up in the air, if it doesn't hit his arm it's a goal, no doubt. Therefore it's a pen. However, he didn't reach out and grab the ball in a deliberate manner, so it isn't a red card. If he had done so it should have been a red as well.

Thats' how I see it anyway.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

fjthegrey wrote:In a lot of places on the pitch, intent becomes an important factor in whether an incident is classed as handball or not.

I generally judge them by how much of an advantage you've gained. Even if it's from a yard away and it's hit hard, if the advantage from a handball is considerable enough, for me it's a handball. Collins hand stopped the ball from going in the net, it doesn't matter if it's down by his sides or up in the air, if it doesn't hit his arm it's a goal, no doubt. Therefore it's a pen. However, he didn't reach out and grab the ball in a deliberate manner, so it isn't a red card. If he had done so it should have been a red as well.

Thats' how I see it anyway.
Spot on. The 'intention' law is a load of nonsense. 95% of hand balls in the box are not 'intentional', but often given as penalties and rightly so. Just because you don't mean to put your hand in the way of a goal bound effort, doesn't mean it shouldn't be a penalty. Same if you jump for a header, mistime it and the ball hits your hand. You didn't mean to do it. Still a penalty

if you are about a 1m away and someone smashes it at your arm which is tucked in by your side or protecting your midriff then not a penalty as no real advantage gained. However, if you dive in to a tackle and your arms make your surface area bigger then defo penalty. Collins's one should have been given for sure.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I cant help thinking that originally the idea was that as this game is Football you should not CONTROL the ball with your hand.....any contact which isn't deliberate would fall outside the rule.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Swansea have no right to feel hard done by anyway. We were not awarded a penalty for a handball by Williams which was probably justifiable. He's sitting on the floor with his arms out and Antonio tries to push the ball past him into space where he'd either be able to shoot or send in a very dangerous cross from just outside the six yard box.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

feel like accidental handballs that gain a small advantage in the box should be punishable by an indirect free kick.

mostly because i just enjoy watching players make a nine man wall across the goal line and still manage to f*** it up.
beckton

Post by beckton »

irving boleyn wrote:I cant help thinking that originally the idea was that as this game is Football you should not CONTROL the ball with your hand.....any contact which isn't deliberate would fall outside the rule.

Spot on.

Refs give way too many penalties now for handball.

When Saurez was at Liverpool you'd see him in 1 v 1's against a defender deliberately play the ball against their arm in an attempt to win a penalty.
Rooney did it against us in the game we were winning 2 nil the season we were relegated. It's ridiculous.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:The Collins handball is baffling me. He wasn't looking...it was clearly ball to hand. And the guys elbow clatterred the back of his head.

Talkshite saying he was conning the ref...expected him to be vindicated on MOTD2....but NO.

Is the love of ginger pele making me blind...or all the experts utter buffoons? Pardon?
Don't know if it's been done on any thread but have people seen ginge's head well the back of it on his Instagram ..............Ouch

https://www.instagram.com/gingercollins19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;