West Ham Utd 2-0 Liverpool (02/01/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool Match Thread

Post by kitthehammer »

Sorry but i am not concerned if antonio fouled and got away with it against the team who feigned injury in our last fa cup final to get us to "play fair" and kick the ball out of play. b*llocks to them. I look forward to whingeing scousers in the opposition view and will laugh heartily.
ChikinRun
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ChikinRun »

danny faithless wrote:The ref failed to give two blatant Liverpool fouls before he missed the one on their lightweight left back so I don't give a flying one if it was a foul. It's about time we got some luck this season. Not that we needed it because we did another job on them anyway.
I counted three in the first half alone, including what looked like a fore arm on Carroll, who was terrorising them. He looked none too happy about it, was still into the ref's ear as they came out for the second half, but basically we got nothing from that ref, except....Antonio on Moreno, which is debatable even after many slow mo viewings....ref gave them more though.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

Oh yeah, Antonio put a challange in on Moreno.

Why is this a talking point?

The ref was genuinely shocking throughout the whole game.

This is not a new thing at our place.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

He wasn't helped by the lino in the south-west corner, who couldn't make a decision without checking with the ref first.

Another thumbs down for MOTD not showing Payets pirouette :thdn:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Colours never run wrote:One thing I thought was intriguing to see, was the Liverpool players sent out before the 2nd half KO 5 minutes early. Doesn't say much for the Managerial talents of Klopp when he clearly didn't have that much of note to say to a piss poor Liverpool side.
hammer1975 wrote: I wasn't sure if they were out early or we were out late.

As for the Liverpool players - they just stood around, were barely stretching, or talking to each other. Bet their team spirit isn't a patch on ours
Treating professional footballers like naughty schoolchildren is rarely on the face of it a good idea , just ask Phil Brown , but when I saw Klopp do this i came to the conclusion that he knew he was belittling them . he wanted to belittle them .

He has made his mind up about that group of players and knows, or at least should know, they aren't good enough and with the transfer window open he might shift a couple who think they are better than he thinks they are .

Liverpool were diabolical yesterday
bracknellhammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by bracknellhammer »

Fair play to Klopp too for coming out with an honest assessment of their performance. Can't imagine Arsene, Jose or many others accepting defeat in that way :thup:

They were toilet and I'd be relieved that it was only 2 if I was a hubcap stealing, benefit cheating, black armband wearing shell suit wearer...
ChikinRun
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by ChikinRun »

Sauce! wrote:He wasn't helped by the lino in the south-west corner, who couldn't make a decision without checking with the ref first.

Another thumbs down for MOTD not showing Payets pirouette :thdn:
Shearer jizzing his strides at Aguero's header, and though he mentioned Andy's was good, it was discussed within the context of how poor Benteke is at the moment. Who's surprised it was all about the bin dippers?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Shout out to the fella on here who wrote before the game that Coutinho never want to pass and doesn't trust his teammates. So true. I was laughing at how **** he was yesterday and the countless times he knew a pass was on but didn't want any of it.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

How many times I have visited Anfield and come away upset until this season, and to make it even sweeter to see us do the double of Liverpool what is better! We did not have the possession they had but when we did we used it, Our Captain was just Superb the pass for the second goal was amazing it was on Carroll's head, as I just said on the Carroll thread if he had missed that we should have sacked him and he did miss a few chances yesterday. Antonio took his goal so well, it was so good to have Payet back, but then sad to see Lanzini go off, again why the co chairman is announcing on his twitter feed straight after the game that he will be out 4-6 weeks is beyond me, why is that not left to the Manager?

Collins was first class, shows why he got the extra two years, every player gave his all and it was a day for us to walk Proud, just can't wait to get Sakho back fully fit.
LJ 80

Post by LJ 80 »

Was sitting in coffee shop at Stratford international with my lad waiting for high speed back to strood just after the game and Steve mcmanaman and jason mcateer sat at the table next to us. Sat and chatted with them for a while they were really complimentary about us and said we thoroughly deserved the win and we're much better side. They commented how if we could have turned a couple of the recent draws into wins that we would have had good shout for top 4/5. Both really rated Lanzini and Payet and said the like the job Bilic is doing.
They slated the Liverpool team and said they have become very ordinary with no one for other teams to be fearful of and a major overhaul of the squad is needed.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Payet's merkage

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

jaybs wrote:he did miss a few chances yesterday
He had one shot off target all game. The keeper saved the others, apart from the goal.

So he didn't miss a few, did he?

Stop making things up to suit your vindictive argument.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 222 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Scratchy wrote:Payet's merkage

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's nearly as talented as that chap at Peterborough :wink:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

There are so many things about Antonio and his goal:

Moreno beat Tomkins and Antonio comes back to help
Won the tackle
Got up and armband stays dead
Goes forward
Sees the right side of midfield is well covered with Kouyate, Enner and Tomkins
Continues through the middle, heads for the box. I just love watching what players do off the ball. All school kids need to learn from this
Stays onside
Sees the cross coming, runs forward...
....Perfect!
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

jaybs wrote:How many times I have visited Anfield and come away upset until this season, and to make it even sweeter to see us do the double of Liverpool what is better! We did not have the possession they had but when we did we used it, Our Captain was just Superb the pass for the second goal was amazing it was on Carroll's head, as I just said on the Carroll thread if he had missed that we should have sacked him and he did miss a few chances yesterday. Antonio took his goal so well, it was so good to have Payet back, but then sad to see Lanzini go off, again why the co chairman is announcing on his twitter feed straight after the game that he will be out 4-6 weeks is beyond me, why is that not left to the Manager?

Collins was first class, shows why he got the extra two years, every player gave his all and it was a day for us to walk Proud, just can't wait to get Sakho back fully fit.
BT Sport even did a bit at the end on how Carroll had put everything he had come his way on target. What chances did he miss ? Change the bleedin record.
arlhe
Has liked: 240 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

Parent's very first touch, I think, after coming on was another sublime moment. A sort of reverse pass to Cresswell ( I think), that put him clear in space.

Wonderful to watch.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Tbf he took his goal well but should have buried the one after that from Creswell ' s cross. He was only about three yards out. Plus had a good headed chance first half but only got a very tame header back to Mignolet. Just because a player gets it on target doesn't mean they haven't missed a chance, silly to say otherwise
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:There are so many things about Antonio and his goal:

Moreno beat Tomkins and Antonio comes back to help
Won the tackle
Got up and armband stays dead
Goes forward
Sees the right side of midfield is well covered with Kouyate, Enner and Tomkins
Continues through the middle, heads for the box. I just love watching what players do off the ball. All school kids need to learn from this
Stays onside
Sees the cross coming, runs forward...
....Perfect!
I agree completely. In many respects that was one of the goals of the season and much more impressive than a wild hit that happens to screech into the top corner which on another day would clear the roof of the stand.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Thought the atmosphere was decent considering time of kick off , all 3 areas sound good from way up in West Stand some good scouser baiting as well your just a **** Carlton Cole would have had them baffled , your only here for your giro has done youngster behind me asking what a giro is and the girl from Minnesota 2 seats away was asking what the Chav corner were singing when they were mentioning a certain player and comparing it to a lady's part (that one for DL)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

KUMB updates:

Gordon Thrower: West Ham United 2-0 Liverpool
http://kumb.com/report.php?id=101521

WHFTV: West Ham views and the Post Match Pint
http://www.kumb.com/whftv.php

The opposition view: Liverpool