West Ham Utd 2-0 Liverpool (02/01/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool Match Thread

Post by Oldun »

Nice report Gordon,two things though you had 2 Andy Carrolls in your ratings and the clock is now on the big screens.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Up the Junction wrote:KUMB updates:

Gordon Thrower: West Ham United 2-0 Liverpool
http://kumb.com/report.php?id=101521

WHFTV: West Ham views and the Post Match Pint
http://www.kumb.com/whftv.php

The opposition view: Liverpool
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=129367
There's a typo in the Gordon Thrower review in the player ratings with Alex Song prominent.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I've been telling him for years he doesn't know what he's doing..... :wink:
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Regarding the Moreno/Antonio 'foul' . . . a perfect example of contemporary professionalism from Moreno, I haven't stopped laughing since

Couldn't care less if it was a 'foul' or not . . .
Moreno you're a stupid overpaid ponce
Writhing around on the ground for god knows how long waiting for a BAFTA
Play to the whistle you tart
While you're busy collecting mud the geezer that just nicked that ball scored
How about next time you actually do your job and try and win the ball back?
Tart
You cost your team a goal and potentially the match - thanks from all of us at Upton Park.
you're an overpaid tart
Thanks again

(er, just had to get that off my chest)
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

funny thing about scousers is that they'll absolutely chew up the quality of their squad, but at the slightest suggestion from one of us that we've got a better squad than them they'll turn bright pink in righteous indignation and talk their lot up like it's the 70s.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

The way it came across on the tele, one of their defenders controlled a loose ball with his arm, after Mignolet saved it. Think this was from one of Carroll's efforts. It probably wasn't a deliberate handball (so not a penalty), but the trajectory of the ball changed.

Mignolet was the difference, in the 2nd half, between a victory and a rout, imho.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Atmosphere was something special in the BML if that turns out to be my last game at the Boleyn (I'm hoping not) I'll saviour it great start to the year. Just a side note driving back from the game heard a advert on talkshite for tickets to watch spurs in the cup what happened to there million long waiting list ? Just thought I'd throw it out there didn't really warrant its own thread.
De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by De Niro »

Up the Junction wrote: The opposition view: Liverpool
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=129367
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

BARKING IRON wrote:Atmosphere was something special in the BML if that turns out to be my last game at the Boleyn (I'm hoping not) I'll saviour it great start to the year
Same in the East Stand - fantastic atmosphere for nearly all the game. I've been signing "We've got Payet" to myself ever since... :)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

A great performance from us and a deserved win.

BT sports commentary was embarrassing. Making far too much of Antonios foul, and spending the whole game talking Liverpool up. Particularly the neutral steve mcmanaman.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Of all the teams I love us to beat its Liverpool. Very satisfying! The attitude of self-entitlement by their fans I find extremely irritating.
Great result and great performance from the Irons.
Well done lads. Happy Days!!
:crest:
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

the absolute gall to call collins and ogbonna average defenders..i'd rather have ginger pelle and italian international ogbonna any day of the week as my CB pairing (and twice on sunday) than lovren, skrtel, touré or sakho
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Skrtel is one of the worst defenders in the PL, and Lovren was what--- £20m?! Another of Rodgers quality purchases. Embarrassing.
I'd take ours rather than theirs, easily.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

claretcloggy wrote:the absolute gall to call collins and ogbonna average defenders..i'd rather have ginger pelle and italian international ogbonna any day of the week as my CB pairing (and twice on sunday) than lovren, skrtel, touré or sakho
I rate Skrtel.

I doubt it would of been as easy as it was for both Antonio and Carroll to score the headers they did if Skrtel had been playing.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

There was a real buzz coming into the ground on Saturday, not sure if it was the win from Southampton or the fact we all knew Payet would be getting a run out, or just a mixture of everything. For me, it was seeing Payet again, that fella has a huge impact on our team.

Yeah Antonio fouled Moreno, but we still had to get the ball 100+ yards up the field, and we done that brilliantly. Antonio is a rough diamond for me, and needs work, but boy does he put a shift in, the harder he works the luckier he gets - great attitude.

6 points off the Mickeys, sitting 6th in the league, players coming back from injury, gutted about Lanzini, he is like Payet, brings something "special" to the team. Just chuffed how well we are doing, yes, we had to dig in and get draws from the start of November, but we did it, and yesterday again showed that when our attack minded players are back, we go back to playing the football we want to see.

Have also been impressed with AC, Bilic is getting players around him which is making him fit into our system and bringing the best out of everyone. Long may it continue :crest:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I think the last two wins back to back could be pivotal for the rest of our season getting back on track. Coming up we now have a favourable run of fixtures with a couple really tough "on paper". Hopefully we have weathered the storm and can keep pushing on.

One big final push at the Boleyn should help us focus and keep the pressure on others around us, which we didn't have last season coming into the business end of fixtures.

One of maybe 2 quality signings would also go along way to helping our cause on attacking the league as well as a decent Cup run.
Mr_Rook

Post by Mr_Rook »

Just watched Higlights could have been far more for us.

Lanzini strike that hits the inside of the post and comes out and AC point blank header and the subsequent goal line scramble.

So many players in the West Ham team are underrated

I noticed Valencia getting a slating on twitter but that ball for Antonio goal was define.
NottinghamTom

Post by NottinghamTom »

cockney farmer wrote:took the missus up the shard !
Euphemism klaxon

great result, gutted we had to give our tickets to friends as were up in Edinburgh, found a nice pub with 15-20 other hammers majority of whom were Scottish, great performance. Bring on Wolves
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

I would just like to say well done to all the Liverpool Supporters who joined in with the half-time applause for Jonjo's British Empire medal.
I looked over at their end and it seemed like they were all joining in, but as i remarked to the bloke next to me, it was probably because they had eff all else to applaud.
Well done anyway.
Mr_Rook

Post by Mr_Rook »

Anyone seen this

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol: