AFC Bournemouth 1-3 West Ham Utd (12/01/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Doc H Ball »

cockney hammer wrote:glad you chaps had a great day god how i miss not being able to go it is so hreatbreaking for me i can not put it in to words
Got you a badge Steve - PM me your address.

I know things are difficult, but she'll be right mate.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

pm sent steve cheers mate
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

what would it take to get you to one last game at the Boleyn Steve?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Ben wrote:what would it take to get you to one last game at the Boleyn Steve?

ben no disrespect but the only thing on my mind at the momment is having this heart by pass operation done
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

cockney hammer wrote:glad you chaps had a great day god how i miss not being able to go it is so hreatbreaking for me i can not put it in to words
Would do anything to have had you there with us Steve
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Romford wrote:Good to bump into plenty off here i didn't know last night....always nice to see KUMB regulars and put names to faces

Hope you all got home safe
Thank you, top fella, you have pm mate
Hammer80

Post by Hammer80 »

As i've not seen it mentioned just thought i'd point out what a great bit of movement Jelavic makes to free up the space for Valencia for the 2nd.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Hammer80 wrote:As i've not seen it mentioned just thought i'd point out what a great bit of movement Jelavic makes to free up the space for Valencia for the 2nd.
Jelavic, made some good runs and looked a lot sharper, clearly the main issue for him was fitness.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Hammer80 wrote:As i've not seen it mentioned just thought i'd point out what a great bit of movement Jelavic makes to free up the space for Valencia for the 2nd.
I was going to point out exactly the same thing. His movement drew two defenders giving Valencia all the space in the world

Jelavic is a proper forward. He has experience and intelligence. His legs may have gone a bit but his mind is still very much in operation, he knows the runs to make to free up space for him and others. And he is probably our best finisher

I say let him have a run of games up front to see what he can do with Payet etc behind him. The Swansea away game was really not fair on him. It was only last season he bagged 6 or so goals for a poor Hull team, in not that many appearances
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

And you, good to put a face to the name, all thanks to a scouser! I ended up going to Chaplins after and then on to O'Neills with a group of hammers which was good fun whilst we watched the highlights on the big screen, singing the Payet song.

Brilliant away day![/quote]

Aaronhammer? you the ginger lad from Watford that I spoke to in chaplins and then came to O'neills in our cab??

nice to meet you mate.

Glad you enjoyed your evening.

andy
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

fjthegrey wrote:They aren't all that. They try to play the right way but their lack of quality, in defense for sure, will tell in the end.

I remain totally unconvinced by Harry Arter, he gets talked up quite a bit but I don't see it myself.
He's a very good player, I think he gets misrepresented (often as not by AFCB fans) as an all-round midfield general, when the player he most resembles is perhaps Nobes. He's just coming into fitness now - also he's mourning a dead baby too. AFCB play better with him doing the grunt-work in the middle (overall their results since he's come back echo that) ; much like we do with Nobes.

Not someone we need to be looking at, but a very decent player all the same, and if worst came to worst and AFCB went down, he'd enhance any team in the bottom half.