AFC Bournemouth 1-3 West Ham Utd (12/01/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by smuts »

Brian Fantana wrote:I must of watched the replay of Payets free kick a thousand times
Adele is that you?
Brian Fantana

Post by Brian Fantana »

by smuts on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Brian Fantana wrote:
I must of watched the replay of Payets free kick a thousand times

Adele is that you?

:lol:
thal

Post by thal »

Have finally got to watch the game. That 1st half was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting having read the comments on here. Maybe it was the luxury of knowing we'd win in the end but to me Bournemouth just had a really strong 15 minute spell. They pressed really well and their tails were up. We were far worse against Southampton and Villa IMO.
Brian Fantana

Post by Brian Fantana »

Here we go lads... the full match for those of you that wanna watch again

http://www.footballorgin.net/2016/01/pr ... 6-afc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

might have to wait a few seconds for the add to disappear before it lets you continue...
COYI
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Just got home from Bournemouth, What an amazing 2nd half !!

Our fans were unbelievable once again :thup:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

[quote="The Sherriff" (on Payet)]There was a 50-yard pass in the 2nd half he threaded through to Valencia (Who miss-controlled unfortunately), but with his side foot he split about 7 Bournemouth players. The best pass I’ve seen this season.[/quote]

That was breathtaking wasn't it. Hope they sell their personal effects and jewellery to keep him when the money boys, here and in Europe, come for him. And they will.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

It just goes to show how far we've improved we were 1-0 down when I looked on my betting account and BET365 had us at 16-1 to win, I had a cheeky tenner never expecting the result......get in!! :crest:
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

Burnley Hammer wrote:To be fair, I was getting a bit annoyed with the hoofs in the first half - we were much improved in the second.
When teams press you high up the pitch, you can either try and dribble out of danger Noble style, or hoof it.
Klopp has got Caulker in to counteract the long balls when his team are pressing.
It makes sense.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Good to bump into plenty off here i didn't know last night....always nice to see KUMB regulars and put names to faces

Hope you all got home safe
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

carnage wrote:Thought we missed Kouyate first half. They found it far to easy in the pockets in front of our back 4.
yes.
We almost give up on the central area in front of the back four, time and time again they were allowed to shoot from there. The manager must have a lot of faith in the goalkeeper to allow this to happen.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

We've had plenty of equally poor games/half's with kouyate in the side. I honestly don't believe he's that essential.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Just watched the goals again on bbc south and the reporter reckoned that Boruc thought Enners free kick was going wide :lol:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just back after a couple of eventful days in lovely Bournemouth. Had lunch at Harry Ramsdens overlooking the sunlit beach this afternoon and didn't want to come back to Chav Town.

For me yesterday summed up the best thing about this site. I got a ticket through a poster who'll remain nameless, narrowly missed West Ham By The Sea and Wizzo because of the A338, shared a cab with aaronhammer, bought a badge for Cockney Hammer, saw Romford outside, loads of people's I know post inside and had a jolly old knees up.

I've said it before, but I have met numerous people through this website (not via the banner ads either...), like just about all of them and consider some now good friends :thup:

As for the game itself, we were blessed by 3 moments of brilliance. Payet is the new DiCanio in that he makes it all worthwhile sometimes in just half a second.

I was coating off Valencia just when he struck - first with a great run and finish and then from what looked like the same blade of grass that Payet hit his own free kick from. All 4 goals seemed to hit the same part of the net.

There is a problem with the balance of the midfield and attack. 2 CM sees us overrun, 3 CM sees an isolated front man. The good thing is that Obiang really seems to be coming into his own now, when things aren't happening we can change it around and we have a world class player.

Halcyon days chaps!
Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes »

What a great away day that was. That was a great group of fans we had there, everyone really up for it. I was row A so all 4 goals right in front of me and the ball of jubilant fellas leaping about on the walkway was like the old days. This is the season that keeps giving, squad depth is king.
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

Burnley Hammer wrote:We've had plenty of equally poor games/half's with kouyate in the side. I honestly don't believe he's that essential.
100% agree. I think the first half would have been much worse with him in the side, all he would have done would be to burst forward when he got the ball, inevitably lose it and then not bother to track back, like he always does.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

The Sherriff wrote: Loving it at the moment, absolutely loving it.
Good summary as ever Sherriff :thup:
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

aaronhammer wrote:Just come down for breakfast at my hotel here in Bournemouth, and rather fittingly I've been sat at table 27, or as I like to call it the Payet table.
Good seeing you mate.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Good seeing you mate.
And you, good to put a face to the name, all thanks to a scouser! I ended up going to Chaplins after and then on to O'Neills with a group of hammers which was good fun whilst we watched the highlights on the big screen, singing the Payet song.

Brilliant away day!
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Got home earlier and went for a nap haha! That was one of my favourite away days and what a turnaround Bilic and the players created. We seem to be such a confidence team, as soon as we string a few passes together we completely change as a team and weirdly, as much as Mark Noble slows the game down, he plays such much better in a higher tempo passing game.

Happy Birthday to me!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

glad you chaps had a great day god how i miss not being able to go it is so hreatbreaking for me i can not put it in to words