AFC Bournemouth 1-3 West Ham Utd (12/01/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

woodford
Has liked: 419 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by woodford »

fjthegrey wrote:
Interesting fact. I went for a night out with Drew Surman in Southampton when he was breaking into their first team. I introduced him to my house mate, a rather lovely looking female, and later on in the evening she gave him a blow job in the parks in the centre of the city.

Typical of Sky Sports to leave this out of the match report
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

Just reading the Bournemouth forum and a lot of their fans seems to be saying the wind played a big part in our second half performance :eh: . I know it was windy there last night but seriously... I watched on an ok stream, are there any fans who were at the game that can give their view.

Also i thought this was worth quoting as this guy clearly didn't see any of the game

"Gutted to lose to tactics you expect to see from a third world country. Strange to see it from a team who wax lyrical about being a footballing team, worse than big Sam or Pulis."
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2573 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

To be fair, I was getting a bit annoyed with the hoofs in the first half - we were much improved in the second.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

We played more passes than them. They very often lumped it into the channels for Afobe to chase.

It's fine. You're allowed to do it. I actually thought it was a good example of two like minded teams playing football yesterday.
Billy Bonds Thighs
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by Billy Bonds Thighs »

Worldy free kicks X 2, lovely :D
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Redkanpps dog wrote:"Gutted to lose to tactics you expect to see from a third world country. Strange to see it from a team who wax lyrical about being a footballing team, worse than big Sam or Pulis."
Must be a south coast thing.

Brighton, Southampton, Bournemouth...
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

We actually ended up with majority posession yesterday :scarfer:

These fans that get on their high horse after a defeat make me laugh, its always the long ball tag. We were crap first half but really improved in the second and took our chances, with real quality as well. They remind me of Southampton after promotion, you would think they are Brazil 1970!
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Thought we missed Kouyate first half. They found it far to easy in the pockets in front of our back 4.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

That Benick Afobe was hilarious :lol:

Personally think he is a complete waste of money. He is just big and strong, nothing really stands out for me i think Bournemouth were a bit too desperate for a striker. His record in the championship is decent but i can't see him making the step up in all honesty. He had two fantastic opportunities yesterday and headed over and forgot to take the ball with him for the other chance.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

I'm sure the possession stat popped up during the 2nd half and we had almost 65% at the time? :?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:I'm sure the possession stat popped up during the 2nd half and we had almost 65% at the time? :?
Yeah i think those stats are measured over a period of 10-15 minutes of play
Brian Fantana

Post by Brian Fantana »

I must of watched the replay of Payets free kick a thousand times since last night...

Has anyone noticed just as Payet was running up to take it Ginger Pele had a big smirk on his face... As if he knew what was gonna happen?

I also think I may have a man crush on Payet :oops:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Brian Fantana wrote: I also think I may have a man crush on Payet :oops:
Get in line!
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

The thing i love about Enner's free kick is it is one of those as the player when you know you have hit a beaut. His body is turned away immediately and his head is just waiting for confirmation when it hits the back of the net. :scarfer:
rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 »

Brian Fantana wrote:I must of watched the replay of Payets free kick a thousand times since last night...

Has anyone noticed just as Payet was running up to take it Ginger Pele had a big smirk on his face... As if he knew what was gonna happen?

I also think I may have a man crush on Payet :oops:

I noticed that. But if you listen when Payet runs up to the ball there is a strange noise, like someone in the wall is trying to put him off. Then when it goes in Collins directs his laugh at the guys in the wall.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

The Gibbins wrote: Yeah i think those stats are measured over a period of 10-15 minutes of play
I think it was possession for the 2nd half, could be wrong.
@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by @dave_boy »

Redkanpps dog wrote:Just reading the Bournemouth forum and a lot of their fans seems to be saying the wind played a big part in our second half performance :eh: . I know it was windy there last night but seriously... I watched on an ok stream, are there any fans who were at the game that can give their view.

Also i thought this was worth quoting as this guy clearly didn't see any of the game

"Gutted to lose to tactics you expect to see from a third world country. Strange to see it from a team who wax lyrical about being a footballing team, worse than big Sam or Pulis."
It was breezy (you'd think they'll be used to it though). Adrian had some trouble in the first half with his goal kicks, but overall I don't think it affected the game very much.

What played a bigger part during our second half performance were three quality goals.

Knackered at work, not helped the diversion on the M3 meaning arriving home at 2am. All worth it though!
Redkanpps dog

Post by Redkanpps dog »

Also have to commend the fans that went last night. I said earlier i watched on an ok stream and you were heard very clearly all game and that hasn't gone unnoticed on the Bournemouth forum either. Fantastic support!
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Good girl!
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

I don’t often post after games however after last nights performance I felt compelled too.

I broke a superstition after 11minutes where I answered my phone to a mate who was standing elsewhere in our section, I never check or even hold my mobile during a game, shortly after we went one down

The first 10 minutes we were on the front, Carroll looking sharp as razors. His injury and subsequent stoppage changed the momentum.

As much as I love him … Noble was at fault for the goal. Sloppy play. At one point I’m sure Atkinson over took him whilst racing towards our goal.

Fair play to Slav again, good use of the subs, didn’t panic - went two up top and Jellyfish played much better.

Tomkins was our best player, felt sorry for him as he didn’t do anything wrong but the gaffer got the full-backs wider and pushed them back with the change.

Valencia was getting pelters – took his two goals well, happy for the lad.

Nothing ceases to amaze me with Payet. The man is class. He’s probably the best player I’ve ever seen in west ham shirt in my lifetime. Appreciate it’s a slight knee jerk and I’m still high after last night but this lad is the real deal. Only caught the twilight of Sir Trev’s career, Paulo was magnificent but ultimately a drama queen, Payet oozes class …. Just waiting for him to turn water in wine or feed a capacity crowd at the Boleyn with one loaf of bread.

There was a 50yard pass in the 2nd half he threaded through to Valencia (Who miss-controlled unfortunately), but with his side foot he split about 7 Bournemouth players. The best pass I’ve seen this season.

His name was sung with such passion last night it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I’m a little bit star struck with him but I honestly feel there is mutual love – his actions at the end of the game were testament to that.

Antonio gets better each game, I love his attitude and heart. If only every player put the effort in that he does.

I still don’t think we’ve hit the heights we can, last night Messer’s Noble, Creswell, Valencia all struggled for large parts but we still did the job.

Loving it at the moment, absolutely loving it.

Careful what you wish for eh …..