FAC4R: West Ham Utd 2-1 Liverpool (09/02/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

FAC4R: West Ham Utd 2-1 Liverpool (09/02/16)

Post by prophet:marginal »

Apologies if the image is a touch on the large side, but, after our league match today, we need all the inspiration we can get.

Hope the bionic Tomkins can be patched up and that things click a little better on Tuesday.

Could be the last ever cup tie under the lights. At £25, it was rude not to...

Big Andy to settle it, on as a second half substitute.
rtwhufc83

Re: West Ham -v- Liverpool - 4th round replay

Post by rtwhufc83 »

I just wish for a fast start! My last game at Upton Park hope its a classic.

Also I may have a spare ticket going for this in the Bobby Moore lower. I should know by tomorrow lunch time. If anyone is interested Ill post on this thread
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

My mate was after a ticket, he missed out after trying online for hours.
rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 »

Coops wrote:My mate was after a ticket, he missed out after trying online for hours.
Is he still after one?
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

2-1 and into the 5th round. We will be 1-0 at half time and then turn the game on its head second half.

It's gona be a belter!
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Anyone know if Emenike can play in this? I might be wrong but is there a rule saying you have to be registered for the first game in order to play in the replay? I could be completely making that up, mind!
Coops

Post by Coops »

rtwhufc83 wrote:
Is he still after one?
I've just texted him, will let you know as soon as he replies.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Something tells me that this is going to be a game to remember. Big atmosphere under the lights, can't get much better than this - looking forward to it immensely.

I think we will win the cup this year. Ten years after our heartache in Cardiff.
Coops

Post by Coops »

rtwhufc83 wrote: Is he still after one?
PM for you.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

I'll say it like it is, probably upset a few people but we have been poor for the last 4-5 games, apart from saints we have picked up lucky points but we have been nowhere near good enough,
In the first leg we played the worst Liverpool side I've ever seen, easily beatable but we were so slow and lethargic we failed capitalise on it, I fear this second leg we won't see such a weakened opponent and they will feel they have got a 2nd chance to progress as the original line up was no way good enough to get through that game still in the hat.
Could it be Europe has finally caught up with us? Has Payet now become a marked man? Have teams finally worked us out?
I don't know what it is but our form after Xmas is a shadow of our pre-xmas form even though we have still picked up points
Earlier in the season when we dropped points we used all our injuries as an excuse. Now we have a pretty much fit squad, we need to get our season back on track, something needs to change, a lucky goal perhaps? A convincing win?
This year is our best chance for a decent finish, I feel it's slipping away if we don't turn it around asap, this game could be the turning point in our season, hopefully we will start from the first whistle and play at 100% till the last
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Forget about the league , all out assault for this , great incentive with a decent draw for next round , home advantage , a potentially weakened side ( not sure I buy this from Klopp though) I'll go for a 2-1 with a nervy finish !

Moses and Carroll
Last edited by cockney farmer on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

We're certainly going to need to get going earlier in this game.

Hopefully Kouyate comes in, I'd drop Song. I'd probably start Emenike ahead of Valencia, just to see what happens.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Six or seven changes, I reckon.

Cresswell, one of Reid/Collins, Noble and one of Antonio/Moses to start. Maybe Tomkins if fit

The rest to be Randolph, Emenike, Ogbonna, Obiang, Kouyate, Carroll and maybe O'Brien.

On the basis of yesterday's performance, not many could argue they would be unlucky to end up on the bench.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: West Ham -v- Liverpool - 4th round replay match thread

Post by James P »

We've had decent draws to the quarter final this season. Wolves at home, a Liverpool side who clearly see the FA Cup well down the list of their priorities and then Blackburn.

We wasted an opportunity at Anfield last week. If we f*** this up Tuesday night I'm gonna be proper annoyed.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

HammerMan2004 wrote:We're certainly going to need to get going earlier in this game.

Hopefully Kouyate comes in, I'd drop Song. I'd probably start Emenike ahead of Valencia, just to see what happens.
What would happen is that we'd get thrown out of the competition for fielding ineligible players! :lol:
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

James P wrote:We've had decent draws to the quarter final this season. Wolves at home, a Liverpool side who clearly see the FA Cup well down the list of their priorities and then Blackburn.

We wasted an opportunity at Anfield last week. If we **** this up Tuesday night I'm gonna be proper annoyed.
If we do lose just think of the pain you'd be saving yourself from getting knocked out to Spurs in the QF
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Not conceded to the victims in 3 games this season. Can't see another shut out.
I feel we will need to score at least twice this time. :(
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Tristan Shout wrote:I'll say it like it is, probably upset a few people but we have been poor for the last 4-5 games
I thought we played Man City off the park & were the better side by far against Liverpool at the Boleyn, & I thought the second half against Bournemouth was some of the best football we've played all season

The wins against Wolves & Villa weren't classics, but one was a difficult cup tie & the other against a team who would have seen a point as a cup win

That leaves a couple of admittedly ropey performances against Newcastle & Saints, but previous to that lot, we took the latter apart in the second half at home

We sit high up the table & rode out our worst spell of injuries & fixtures with successive draws, Payet is not fully back from a decent lay off yet & we have Carroll returning, Lanzini to come back, & even better, our most underrated player (Sakho) on his way back soon after

I hate Southampton & always expect a result like that against that muggy, financial cheating, crap Portsmouth lot

So I disagree mate :wink:
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

Next 3 games will set up the rest of our season, either way. Liverpool, Norwich, Sunderland. 3 wins needed and perfectly attainable. Equally a defeat and two draws is not difficult to imagine. Big couple of weeks.
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Anyone know if Emenike can play in this? I might be wrong but is there a rule saying you have to be registered for the first game in order to play in the replay? I could be completely making that up, mind!
You are right.

15(f) All players must have been eligible to play in the original tie in order to play in a replayed or
postponed match;