FAC4R: West Ham Utd 2-1 Liverpool (09/02/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Re: West Ham -v- Liverpool - 4th round replay match thread

Post by davids cross »

They can't really say they were not warned.

We just changed the players in the starring roles.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wes ... ORM=VDFSRV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Graza

Post by Graza »

ryanrc wrote:
I think I heard the pundit saying Ilori cost around 7m, Texeira was 1m(ish), Origi 10m, Lucas was actually 7.5m so closer to 78m in all. I exaggerated a little, but still hardly as if we put out a full strength team against a bunch of youths, if we spent 7m on a cb I'd expect him to be able to play.
Perhaps, I think they've been stung for poaching youth players a bit in that. The basic point was that although we had a number of reserves on it wasn't a cheap side we put out, and not the half the value which was in the quote I was responding to.

I think we eeked that one out and probably deserved it but if Benteke had slotted his injury time 1 on 1 we couldn't have complained much. After the Norwich game we've got a bit of a break and con hopefully catch our breath before going again. Be interesting to see what the injury news is because we are paper thin at right back in particular for the Blackburn game.
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

The OV - what a bunch of moaning Minnie mousers. Thoroughly enjoyable game that we deserved to win, although they could easily have nicked it. Still annoyed about the penalty that wasn't though! Some great individual performances out there, and a fantastic team performance overall.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The OV is comedy gold.

"The lads did well. Horrible to be done by that diving shitbag Valencia. Pity it's not in the rules for Lucas to stick the nut on him on the way off. People say 'Cheats don't prosper' - absolute b*llocks. Diving shithouse. West Ham were a disgrace from the first minute.
- Koala @ Allerton

Oh the irony, this coming from the greatest cheats and divers ( Gerrard ) in football history who have an FA cup in 2005 that they cheated to get. :D
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Just stuck this on the OV comments:-

As we've played them four times this season, we've have a good chance to read their "views" on each game and I must admit, they all really do sound like the "Jimmy Liddle - Deluded Liverpool fan" on Youtube. They really have to drag themselves out of the 70's and 80's. Lads; LIVERPOOL ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY USED TO BE!! Welcome to our, I'd like to think, old world of mid-table respectability! The world you've been in for many a year now!

Valencia a diving cheat? Admittedly he goes down a bit too easy for my liking, but that accusation coming from a set of fans whose "hero" DJ Stevie G was one of the worst exponents of the art, really does beggar belief. And to hear you still singing about him is quite sad, to be honest. Must make the current crop of players feel really special!!
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Was in the West Lower near the BM end, heard people turning up with tickets for seats already allocated here too.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

How the Mickys can complain about the ref is beyond me. If there was any justice we would have won that in 90 minutes as the ref robbed us of a stone wall pen with Valencia being dragged back (as he would have had a tap in from Antonio's cross). Thankfully we took matters into our own hands as the right team went through.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Neutrals view of the ref - from a Celtic forum:

Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Marky wrote:I saw a different game than most of you. We were poor. The ref was fine
Were you the linesman on the East side of the pitch?
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Porkeyes wrote:6000 away supporters for an FA cup night game. What a joke. Villa/Wolves/City have all contributed to the atmosphere more. I'd love to know exactly how many of their proper fans travelled down from Merseyside. Seeing them all trying to sing in their best scouse accents ala the MU brigade is proper cringeworthy.

Please Please West Ham never turn into this mass appeal,soulless, glory hunting tripe.
6000???
Im sure the Trev Stand used to take only 4500 with about 1500 of those upstairs.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Marky wrote:I saw a different game than most of you. We were poor. The ref was fine
We weren't great, we've certainly played better than we did last night. But poor? If you believe that Liverpool put out a team barely out of nappies as their fans have suggested then yes. If you looked at their team sheet not really.
Kludgehammer wrote:Were you the linesman on the East side of the pitch?
:thup:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Absolutely brilliant to beat the Mickey's 3 times in one season ! Never in all my 52 years of following West Ham did I ever think I'd be saying that ! It's really cheered me up as I'm going in for a knee replacement op tomorrow and I've been a bit worried about it.
A tie against Blackburn (without underestimating them) gives us a real chance of reaching the last 8.
Is this really going to be the season when we once again celebrate an FA cup win ? As one of the oldies on here I remember all 3 (in fact I went to all of them) of our FA cup victories, as if they were yesterday.

:scarfer:
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Bit of a funny one for me this. Unlike most, I previously had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool. It came from one of my first games at Upton Park as a kid (that I can remember) where we beat them 4-1 in the cup, with Ince playing a blinder that night. It was a magical night under the lights that was enhanced for me by the Liverpool fans who many after, leaving the game were hugely gracious in defeat, hailed our performance and wished us well in the next round. I know it's a long time ago, but as an early football memory as a kid, it stuck with me.

Maybe back then they were used to winning everything so could afford to be gracious when the odd surprise happened but it would certainly appear now that so many of their support are ridiculously deluded, it's actually quite funny, they're right up there with Spurs for me now in terms of least liked support.

I won't regurgitate what many on here have already said but my goodness, I'm so glad we have had their number all season and hope their prolonged stay in mid table mediocrity remains for as long as possible.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Marky wrote:I saw a different game than most of you. We were poor. The ref was fine but how many good performances have we had in 2016??

We struggled to beat a reserve team. We couldnt beat 10 men for 35 mins on Saturday.

If we do not start playing better we will lose more than 50% of our remaining games
Glad I'm not the only one who thought we were pretty poor for at least some of last night. In the first half nobody in the midfield nobody wanted the ball. Obiang, Noble and Kouyate just did not want the ball at all. Second half and extra time in particular we were better.

Liverpool were better than us last night there is no doubt in my mind. Some of their younger players were superb - their left back, and defensive midfielder in particular. Lucas had a great game at centre back too. We got through that game through sheer guts and determination.

However, sorry but the referee was absolutely shocking - not just for us but both teams, as was the assistant on the chicken run side.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

hammers92 wrote:On a sidepoint, a fantastic reception for Kevin Nolan last night :thup:
Was he at the game last night? I didn't see him. If he was there he should have come on and kicked Flanagan's arse (again).
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: Another very important poll

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Maybe the ref wanted to even things up after Benteke's hand ball or our stonewall penalty shout.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Well i voted 10 times :wink: & it's still only 34% saying it wasnt.
I think the bindippers are determined to beat us in some way this season
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

it was, and all the better! :scarfer:
issi

Post by issi »

Wonder how Sammy Lee would vote
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

We had a clear penalty denied to us but over 120 mins I thought the Ref didn't get anything else that wrong