FACQF: Manchester Utd 1-1 West Ham Utd (13/03/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

e10hammer

Re: Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd: FAC QF Match Thread

Post by e10hammer »

If Man utd stay in the Europa league and the 20th is the only date available, how will they sort out semi final tickets for the 24th.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Not one mention of the foul for their goal in the OV. Schweineteiger was offside as well as fouling Randolph

I have read 2 ex-refs talk about the Payet "dive ". 1 said penalty, the other no penalty.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

The commentator on MNF tonight was raving about Vardy being "clever enough to buy a penalty against Arsenal".

Funny how it's viewed differently when you're the current media darlings.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:The commentator on MNF tonight was raving about Vardy being "clever enough to buy a penalty against Arsenal".

Funny how it's viewed differently when you're the current media darlings.
I've said the same thing on here about 2 or 3 times since yesterday. Payet labelled a cheat, Vardy clever.
EastleighHammer16

carnage wrote:Not one mention of the foul for their goal in the OV. Schweineteiger was offside as well as fouling Randolph

I have read 2 ex-refs talk about the Payet "dive ". 1 said penalty, the other no penalty.
Howard Webb, Graham Poll and Dermot Gallagher all said penalty and that there goal shouldn't have stood.
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

Pretty sure my season ticket is where United will be sitting anyone know how easy it is to switch seats elsewhere ?
Charlie Dove
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Charlie Dove »

Who took the mauve "Finding Nemo" and Nivea beach ball ?
(Just in case there wasn't enough entertainment on the pitch). :kumb:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:I've said the same thing on here about 2 or 3 times since yesterday. Payet labelled a cheat, Vardy clever.
Yes, you have said it a few times, and I've not seen anybody on here, or heard anybody in the media label him as a cheat.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Charlie Dove wrote:Who took the mauve "Finding Nemo" and Nivea beach ball ?
(Just in case there wasn't enough entertainment on the pitch). :kumb:
What was the other thing bouncing about? A soft toy of some sort. But for some quick reactions, that would have gone donk in to the side of my head.
EastleighHammer16

-DL- wrote:
Yes, you have said it a few times, and I've not seen anybody on here, or heard anybody in the media label him as a cheat.
So is diving not cheating then? He's been called a diver by loads of people on here. Same thing in my book.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

So nobody apart from you has labelled him as a cheat then?
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

I'm still bemused that noone at all (other than one or two others on here) has addressed what I see as the most obvious reason their goal should not have stood - i.e that Schweinsteiger was offside and, regardless of any possible foul, was standing right in front of Randolph.

Am I missing something? Was there some reason why he wasn't offside? If not, the lino has had a shocker for not seeing it.
neil_d
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by neil_d »

Sir_Trevor wrote:Am I missing something? Was there some reason why he wasn't offside? If not, the lino has had a shocker for not seeing it.
We had a player (possible Obiang?) who, in trying to block the cross, had slid off the pitch. According to the laws that counts as being on the goal line:
Any defending player leaving the field of play for any reason without the
referee’s permission shall be considered to be on his own goal line or touch line
for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play

So, not offside. (Still a foul, though.)
EastleighHammer16

-DL- wrote:So nobody apart from you has labelled him as a cheat then?
Ignoring my question. :lol:
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Ignoring my question. :lol:
Diving is cheating when there is no contact.

Has anyone said he is a diver? No.

So you've created a little scenario in your head to make a statement (3 times) saying he has been labelled a cheat, where nobody has said no such thing, then said that diving is cheating, so that verifies your statement, then asked is diving not cheating then, even though nobody has even called him a diver.

No contact and diving is cheating.

That's not what happened though is it?

Still, at least you got a response at the third time of trying.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just back from another fabulous northern adventure. I turn most of the distant away days into an overnighter, enjoy a good drink and miss the traffic.

Started off at the Matchstick Man, walked to ground then headed back to Stretford Quays for the night. £35 each in the Holiday Inn and recommended.

Manchester has changed out of all recognition in the past 25 years, but not so much at Old Trafford. Still the same sense of entitlement and myopia. Overall I thought we were the better team, but they just don't seem to be able to handle that.

I thought Payet was clipped. He'd beaten his man, seemed clear on goal and was in control of the ball when the defender slid in recklessly. Having seen him in the flesh in every game since his comeback from injury, I've not seen him take a fall for a penalty. He's shrewd when he gets to free kick range and buys the foul, but I've not seen him take a dive and he seems more ruthless than that when he gets the chance to score.

Then even from miles away I could see that Randolph was barged when they got yet another late Cup equaliser. I'd like to know just what the f*** the linesman was doing right then.

Funniest moment for me was leaving the ground and singing to the neighbouring Man U fans 'we'll race you back to London'. It upset quite a few of them as they headed back to Eire, Norway and Plymouth.

I said before the game that I'd take the draw. A last big cup game under the lights at the Boleyn was written in the stars. If we turn over yet another of the 'big' Clubs in our final season at home, then it will be all so wonderful.

This has been the best season following the Club for 30 years. I hope not to miss one minute of it.
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

It was a foul 100% against Schweinsteiger. He knocked Randolph into the goal and I think he would have been right there to make the save. The German wasn't offside as he was behind the ball when it was crossed from right next to the goal line. IMO the ref and/or lino bottled it and didn't want to rule out a goal at manure. As a referee you need to keep an eye on the GK when the ball is in the area when it's crowded-for this reason.
Great goal by Dimitri. What a season this has been! COYI
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

claretnblueglasses wrote:Apologies if been discussed already but I have looked at Antonio's offside goal at the end about 10 times with freeze frame and to me it looks like he's bang on level yet it was just laughed off by the commentators as if he was a mile off. Think we've been hard done by there.
I was hoping to see a replay of that myself.

I thought the shooter might have been off but if he'd left it for the other player that went for it it would have been ok.

EDIT
Watching again, I think it was onside too. But it's certainly very tight.

Robbed! :x

Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

^
As the resultant free-kick was almost the last kick of the game, the FA will be able to overturn that decision and correct the scoreline to 1-2, won't they?

It would certainly save everyone the headache of trying to schedule a replay.
torquayiron

Post by torquayiron »

According to this website replay is next tuesday march 22nd .

http://www.livescore.com/soccer/england ... tures/all/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;