Chelsea 2-2 West Ham Utd (19/03/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Re: Chelsea v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

BtB is right, we do need to move on but is such a bitter pill to swallow. We went there fearless, took the game to them, out played them in their own backyard and should be sitting in 4th place right now, but we're not and that's down to a combination of cheating and gross ineptitude.

****ing useless refs
****ing cheating Fabregas
****ing hate John Terry
****ing hate Chelsea

Ok, now I'll move on.
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

My hatred for that tin pot club from West London continues to grow!! Bunch of plastics! And don't get me started on Fabregas... what a whiny little git!!

Thing that irks me is that if it was the other way around, or another of the 'big' clubs it would be headline news and the decision would be poured over again and again! Jenas and Murphy on MOTD were pretty good, but on Goals on Sunday, whilst Kamara admitted it was out of the area, this was brushed over while they discussed in depth whether Antonio should have been sent off, with Chelsea reserve keeper Begovic! (Who admittedly said it was outside, but sort of grunted it and then talking about the missed Red Card)

Anyway (deep breath)... time to move on..... proud of the lads, took the game to them and to walk away from there with a disappointing point shows how we are progressing. This team really believe in the manager and play for each other. 4th is definitely on!! :crest:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Antonio seems to have got off quite lightly. Made a silly tackle on the edge of our box. Ok the ref and lino combined have made a hash of it, but if Antonio keeps his head, then the ref has no decision to make.
Keeps his head? He didn't make a challenge, Loftus-Cheek ran across the front of him. Antonio checked his run, and made clear to the ref he wasn't making a challenge.

What do you want him to do, stand still with his arm in the air calling offside?
codger
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by codger »

Posted by westhameggyand chips.
Antonio seems to have got off quite lightly. Made a silly tackle on the edge of our box. Ok the ref and lino combined have made a hash of it, but if Antonio keeps his head, then the ref has no decision to make.

You need to take a good look at the slo mo videos before you post rubbish like this mate.
Call yourself a Hammers fan. You need to shape up.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Chelsea
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=129637
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

From Chelsea fan thevelourfog
Fans were absolute animals, even by derby away day standards. Came out of the East Upper and there were dozens of them attacking coppers. Not a word anywhere I've seen.
Really?.....Anyone?
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

"Another below-par performance. In all honesty I'm getting fed up with the dross we have been served up for years. The truth of the matter is West Ham are a better team than us. Roman has spent a billion pounds to get us to the pinnacle of world football but we are a club broken. There is a huge black hole in midfield that is dragging us down. Mikel, Oscar and Matic should be shipped out. I really think a couple of top-class midfielders will fire up Hazard, Willian and Pedro. The problem is do they exist?"
- kev61

Finally someone dares say it :lol:
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Loftus-cheat feels one of Antonios leg hairs against his and at speed, AND although he maybe didn't realise he was outside of the box at the time, trips himself over and goes down like a sack of spuds! with seconds of the game left, what's the worst that he could get? A yellow for diving? He's very quickly learning from the best!

Just out of interest, had he have not gone down, would he still of had control of the ball for a goalscoring opportunity, or had the ball started to run away from him?
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

[
Fans were absolute animals, even by derby away day standards. Came out of the East Upper and there were dozens of them attacking coppers. Not a word anywhere I've seen.
Rubbish. There was a bit of handbags and one WPC on her horse got rather excited but dozens of us attacking coppers - I think that might have been reported somewhere.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

codger wrote:

You need to take a good look at the slo mo videos before you post rubbish like this mate.
Call yourself a Hammers fan. You need to shape up.
And you need to slow down, wind your neck in pal, and take off your claret and blue specs.

I was as gutted as anyone to concede so late on.......but ive watched several replays (which the ref didnt have the benefit of) and IMO, Antonio made a tackle that brought a foul. IT WAS outside the box, but the ref and lino judged it inside the box.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

brownout wrote:Rubbish. There was a bit of handbags and one WPC on her horse got rather excited but dozens of us attacking coppers - I think that might have been reported somewhere.
I did see coppers on horses swinging batons at fans on the way out, but didn't see any fans attacking anybody. But it was absolutely heaving - you could barely move. Attacking anyone would have been nigh on impossible.

And they love having us over there anyway. Have heard from a couple of Chelsea mates that we're the only fixture that inspires any sort of atmosphere.

I've calmed down about the penalty now - it was a decent game and I enjoyed the day.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Loftus-cheat feels one of Antonios leg hairs against his and at speed, AND although he maybe didn't realise he was outside of the box at the time, trips himself over and goes down like a sack of spuds! with seconds of the game left, what's the worst that he could get? A yellow for diving? He's very quickly learning from the best!

Just out of interest, had he have not gone down, would he still of had control of the ball for a goalscoring opportunity, or had the ball started to run away from him?
FWIW i thought he tripped himself by accident, and as such got lucky because that happened in the area and probably clouded the referee's judgement
Not every incident where a player goes over is either a foul or a dive, there are plenty in the middle
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

FWIW i thought he tripped himself by accident, and as such got lucky because that happened in the area and probably clouded the referee's judgement
Not every incident where a player goes over is either a foul or a dive, there are plenty in the middle[/quote]

I see your point Crouchy and I know not every incident is cut and dried. I think we may have to just agree to disagree on loftus-cheat this time. What grips my s**t is once again it's against one of the PL pets and it's cost us two very valuable points and considering how the Manchester derby panned out, a (maybe only temporary) top four spot.

Still, it's a nice change to be grumbling about being denied a top four slot as opposed to being dragged into a relegation scrap. :)
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

The red mist has disappated, finally, so now I can be objective

No I can't

We wuz robbed old style

But how refreshing it is that we should all be so pissed off about away draws at OT and SB. Gents, are we merely a flash in the pan or are we on the verge of greatness and legend ?

Ever the optimist

As my old man used to shout 'up the irons' !
codger

Post by codger »

Hi Eggy, Take a look at this video and get back to me with your comments.

Codger

http://www.sofascore.com/news/video-lof ... -west-ham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

codger wrote:Hi Eggy, Take a look at this video and get back to me with your comments.

Codger

http://www.sofascore.com/news/video-lof ... -west-ham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tbh ive seen better angles.

It was a clumsy trip. A foul.

I dont expect anyone to agree. Its just my opinion.

I certainly won't be telling people that dont agree to "have a word with themselves" or question them as a fan of WHU. :wink:
codger

Post by codger »

WE will have to agree to disagree.
Subject closed.
My apologies to you eggy.
Codger.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Appreciate all the grievances but we should have been out of sight by the time of the penalty IMO, Kouyate's header being the best chance. Just sayin' :crest:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

hammerleroy wrote:Appreciate all the grievances but we should have been out of sight by the time of the penalty IMO, Kouyate's header being the best chance. Just sayin' :crest:
This is spot on, Cresswell should have had 2 goals, Kouyate and Carroll another each, so we should have been home and dry.