Chelsea 2-2 West Ham Utd (19/03/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Re: Chelsea v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

After today's Manc derby, we're it not for Chelsea fan, Bobby Madeley, we would be sitting 4th, 1 point clear of Blue Mancs and 2 clear of Red Mancs. ****er.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Korea Hammer wrote:And then saved it. Yes, exactly what I'd like to see.
I wish he'd said that his mother fornicates with donkeys and enjoys it.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

ageing hammer wrote:Anyone see that slimy **** Fabregas running over to the ref trying to get Adrian booked just after scoring his penalty.

Instead of celebrating the goal all he wanted was to get Adrian booked sums him up perfectly. :thdn:

Noticed that - at the end of the match the two of them were talking , don't think Adrian was listening .
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'm still fuming about that penalty and after today's results it's just worse. Eughh
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

It's a kick in the nads, but today's result works in our favour

It's wide open up there, and with man united still to play, it's in our own hands to pull away from them

Man city are stuttering and have a **** load of injuries

Man united look ****ed...they won, but we're out on their feet...noticed today they play 3 days before our cup game too...

The momentum is with us...we brush ourselves off and get on with it
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Haven't seen any mention of Enner Valencia (I haven't read the entire thread)

worked his nads off yesterday and won so many headers with his giant leaps

well played Enner
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

old fart wrote:Within the Laws by being 2 yards off his line when the balls kicked get rid of the claret and blue specs mate
He was on his line yesterday, wasn't he?

That one he saved the other week, he was about a yard off his line 'cos the taker did one of those iffy stuttering run ups.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Don't think a single keeper stays on his line for pens now.
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

Still gutted. And angry. And proud. A couple of years ago I was equally proud, but not at all gutted, when we got a point at the bridge after parking the bus and defending heroically for 90 minutes. That's something, at least.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Phil S wrote:Haven't seen any mention of Enner Valencia (I haven't read the entire thread)

worked his nads off yesterday and won so many headers with his giant leaps

well played Enner

I think a few mentioned it alright to be fair.

He really ran his himself into the ground yesterday. If Tomkins is back for palace game it looks like Slaven has a bit of a poser to pick between Antonio and Enner. I suppose Antonio will get the nod due to his goals and recent great form but it is nice to know Enner is ready to step in as well and he was banging in the goals too before his injury. :)
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

I always remember when Ramsey broke his leg - the snide Fabregas was more concerned with getting Shawcross sent off then seeing if his young team mate was ok, appaling captain. All of Arsenal's players didn't care, only player that went to Ramsey was Glenn Whelan - who had his leg broken on an international duty by Lukas Podolski, who of course ended up at Arsenal.
jamine16

Post by jamine16 »

I remember not so long ago that we was over the moon with 0-0 draw after playing '19th century football'

It's amazing how far we've come.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

frankiemac wrote:It's a kick in the nads, but today's result works in our favour

It's wide open up there, and with man united still to play, it's in our own hands to pull away from them

Man united look ****ed...they won, but we're out on their feet...noticed today they play 3 days before our cup game too...

This, this and this again.

It would be easy after yesterday to feel sorry for ourselves and let the season slip away. B*ll*cks to that. Seriously. We're good. The Mancs are weak and Citeh have all but given up the ghost on the league. As Frankie says - it's wide open. We still have a great chance - just need to pick ourselves up and go for it.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Loftus-Cheat :thdn:

Scroll down to fifth for video

http://www.sofascore.com/news/video-lof ... -west-ham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

frankiemac wrote:It's a kick in the nads, but today's result works in our favour

Bang on frankie, onwards and upwards is the only way!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

old fart wrote:

Within the Laws by being 2 yards off his line when the balls kicked get rid of the claret and blue specs mate
Ask yourself why he's coming off his line, when you watch again both recent penalty takers stutter their run up just before taking their spot kick. No wonder he's half off his line, with or without the specs. If you don't notice it, you may borrow a pair.
Hawaiian hammer

Post by Hawaiian hammer »

Dont think the ref got anything right with that penakty. 1) Outside the box. 2) No contact. 3) Adrian off his line. 4) Ivanovic only 5 yards away from Fabregas when the kick was taken.

Cannot think of anything that he could have got wrong that he didnt.
Patito

Post by Patito »

ironsjh wrote:I always remember when Ramsey broke his leg - the snide Fabregas was more concerned with getting Shawcross sent off then seeing if his young team mate was ok, appaling captain. All of Arsenal's players didn't care, only player that went to Ramsey was Glenn Whelan - who had his leg broken on an international duty by Lukas Podolski, who of course ended up at Arsenal.

You're right about Fabregas, but Bendtner was there straight away too.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Can't remember the last time, if ever, leaving the Bridge and thinking we were robbed of the 3 points.

If you had shown this game to someone who knows nothing about football (Richard Keys maybe) and said one sides squad is worth 4/5 times the other, they would have said us. We were superb all over the park, and we were robbed by a very poor decision.

Love what we are about at the moment, fast, quick, skill full up front, joy to watch, thank you West Ham :scarfer:

Never really ever thought we had a shout at top four, it's us after all, but we have the momentum, and damn West Ham, I am starting to think we just might do it.
WHU647580

Post by WHU647580 »

Harry Hound wrote:The situation with diving and contentious penalties is getting beyond a joke and something needs to be done. IMHO the main issue is inconsistent refereeing.

Hiddink is quoted as saying the following 'Normally he is able to score in this position. [But] I think it's not much of a discussion.
'He was tripped and then I think it's fair to have the benefit of the doubt, if there is any doubt, for the referee to [award] this penalty.'

There lies the problem, give the refs instructions that unless they are certain that it's a nailed on penalty they can't give it and much of the diving, cheating and dodgy decisions would stop.
You're right and that is the problem......Hiddink is being a twat, the fact is if there is any "doubt" the referee shouldn't give anything, let alone a penalty two feet outside the box.