West Ham Utd 2-2 Crystal Palace (02/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Crystal Palace: match thread

Post by Aceface »

I like Sakho, but I'd say all the strikers we have need to up their goal tallies if they don't want to risk being benched (or worse) next season. They're playing in front of a Rolls Royce midfield, and a left back with one of the better crosses on him in the league - 4 goals apiece isn't going to cut it.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Enner is a frustrating player, it's for all to see, but he has more than played his part in an outstanding season with Vital assists and goals through Jan and Feb.
You can't forget that he has had 2 bad injuries during an 8 month period.
Yesterday was just one of them days. Our players and management got things wrong and a poor decision from the ref didn't help.
A point is better than nothing!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Let's try that image again a bit smaller;

I also noticed yesterday that the scoreboards weren't on - was there a problem or is it just another little thing around the ground that's being wound down?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

simonpaulthomas wrote:
I also noticed yesterday that the scoreboards weren't on - was there a problem or is it just another little thing around the ground that's being wound down?
They show the clock and the score on the big screen so you also have to watch the advertising on it ......
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

the pink palermo wrote:[

Sorry Romford but there really isn't .

He's not much of a footballer at all .I think he tries, but he just hasn't got the basics .

I can't believe he's not a footballer with any pedigree of note. Not only did he do it for his previous Club but he's also done it most of the time Internationally. I'm convinced he's not suited to Premier League football. He needs a move away, La Liga would seem a good fit and a Spanish speaking environment he should feel more comfortable in. He's always struck me as one of the few that hasn't settled, unfortunately (can't win em all).

What I will say, is on his day (which is rare) he can produce something out of the blue that can be real class. He has shown flashes of that during his 2 years with us, just too few and far between. I'm hoping he's saving that moment for our Cup run.
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Personally I thought Adrian cost us the game yesterday.

The worst I've seen him play, 100% at fault for the 1st goal and I lost count of the number of balls/crosses that flew past the 6 yard area which he should have come to claim - him not collecting crosses caused panic and confusion every time.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

It is his biggest weakness by far. Most of the time he elects to stay close to his line and more often than not make the saves, knowing what is his limitations and strengths which is rather he concentrated on. That's a big reason as to why j can't consider him better than the likes of Keepers previously mentioned although I generally find him a very decent Keeper.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote:
Sorry Romford but there really isn't .

He's not much of a footballer at all .I think he tries, but he just hasn't got the basics .
You just have a problem with admitting you are wrong :wink:

I've seen him do things others could only dream about.

His first touch is something that rips my hair out though.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1319 likes
Total likes: 776 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

We missed our best defender yesterday. Palace looked dangerous every time they put a ball in the box.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Kitt the car wrote: What stand are they in?
They should be okay bringing it in, although you're not meant to take photographs with 'professional' cameras inside the ground so they may get told off if caught taking photos but I've seen plenty of people do it.
Thanks for the advice Kitt. Girlfriend's dad took his SLR and got some decent shots of the crowd and game. Few on here may be able to spot themselves.

BMU
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=578BC250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STBL
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=578F91C3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Did anyone else get their ticket checked by a steward and asked their age on the way in? Mine was checked in the BML.

Never had this before.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Jesus, some of the comments on here...... :thdn:

It'll be Slav out next FFS......
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

WoodgateHammer wrote:Jesus, some of the comments on here...... :thdn:

It'll be Slav out next FFS......
Like what?

The only negative stuff is comments on the game, etc namely:

Adrian had a bit of a mare and the defence was a bit shaky.
Valencia has a poor first touch and runs into people a lot and falls over but is capable of something special.
Bilic got it wrong bringing him on when Obiang was sitting there.

Has anyone said anything that's not true?
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Did anyone else get their ticket checked by a steward and asked their age on the way in? Mine was checked in the BML.

Never had this before.
Yes my son had his checked and asked for his DOB, the steward then said something like "you look older than that" but didn't make much of it. For a moment I thought he was going to ask for proof of age, which I'm not sure if my son has. You make sure you have proof of over 18 for pubs etc, not proof of under 21. He turned 21 at the end of August, which means he got an under 21 ST but is obviously now over 21. Being 6 foot 4 and solidly built doesn't help as he probably looks older I guess. Only other time he has been asked was when we swapped to the East Stand for a cup game.

Only a few more home games for him to be challenged, then full price next season :(
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

morganwhu wrote:Personally I thought Adrian cost us the game yesterday.

The worst I've seen him play, 100% at fault for the 1st goal and I lost count of the number of balls/crosses that flew past the 6 yard area which he should have come to claim - him not collecting crosses caused panic and confusion every time.
fully agree with the second para but not the first, that dubious honour undoubtedly goes to the ****wit of a ref.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Damian Delaney:
"When he hit it as it went over the wall I thought that one’s going into row Z, I swear to God. I think even someone in the wall shouted ‘See ya’ to Payet. I think Wayne probably thought it as well."
8-)
Colours never run

He weren't the only one, I thought it was destined for the back of the stand until it dipped into the top corner right at the last split second!

Very unique free kick, I've never seen one scored quite like that before. I watched all his free kicks in the warm- up too and he fluffed every single one. He's just one those that does it when it really matters. The best kind of free kick taker.
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

Ref a ****, injustice and all that. True, true.

But.

Shouldn't we stop conceding two goals a match? Shouldn't we cut down on the free kicks near our box? Shouldn't we tighten up towards the end of matches? Shouldn't we keep the ball better when we are ahead?

This is the reason we aren't sitting in the top four at the moment.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

american 'ammer wrote:Ref a ****, injustice and all that. True, true.

But.

Shouldn't we stop conceding two goals a match? Shouldn't we cut down on the free kicks near our box? Shouldn't we tighten up towards the end of matches? Shouldn't we keep the ball better when we are ahead?

This is the reason we aren't sitting in the top four at the moment.
Totally agree AH. Sure we don't get the calls sometimes but my god we sure make life hard for ourselves.
Get the rocket out Slav
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1090 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

In isolation the 2nd goal was a defensive e error but that misses the point a little - we were absolutely chaotic for the 8 minutes or so between the red card and the goal - it was absolutely coming