West Ham Utd 3-3 Arsenal (09/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal: Match Thread

Post by Colours never run »

Romford wrote:
When a team like Arsenal get allowed to go 2-0 and their players are given carte blanche to dive and foul however they wish...and of course not need to worry about offside goals for and against...it is a miracle we ended up getting 3 goals allowed.

You have let that happen.

Wenger never could cut it...I have been calling that chump out for a decade.

I wont say i told you so BUT... :)

Not forgetting the zero cards issued to any of their players, yet we receive one with a couple of minutes.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Anyone else got any Arsenal fans in the office feeling like they were the ones who got cheated today?

Unbelievable
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

hammers92 wrote:Anyone else got any Arsenal fans in the office feeling like they were the ones who got cheated today?

Unbelievable
Please don't call them fans...call them customers
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

hammers92 wrote:Anyone else got any Arsenal fans in the office feeling like they were the ones who got cheated today?

Unbelievable
I've got one who's quite an honest chap. Always expects the worst of his team and never blags on about how they are going to win the league every time they win a game.

Had a chat with him earlier and he believes 3-3 was a fair result. I tend to agree with that statement a little, Arsenal were good, but if any team deserved to win that game it was us. I was surprised when he replied, yes I agree!

Agreed that the ref/linesman made some dodgy decisions. Admits their season was over before playing us.

See, they're not all bad, Romford. :wink:

Admittedly, 99% are though.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Unbelievable
yup, a local and uzbeki guy ranting in broken English about it. All I have done so far is hum 'liar liar pants on fire' but their tiny brains haven't yet comprehended it.
Gazzaloz
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Gazzaloz »

chappo59 wrote:I was lucky enough to get a ticket yesterday, my son couldn't make it so I took my 7 year old grandson.
I could be lucky in one of the remaining ballots but somehow I feel yesterday was my final farewell to a ground in which I've been privileged to watch some fantastic footballers work their magic including but not limited to Denis Law, George Best, Booby Moore, Liam Brady, Pop Robson, Devo, Brooking, Cottee, Payet, the imperious Billy Bonds et al.

We got to the ground early and this enabled me to take some touristy photos of my grandson in front of and in the ground. I bought myself a Guinness to toast my late uncle who first sat me on his shoulders in the old North Bank and his uncle who came back from helping to liberate Belsen and never missed a game in the top left corner of the same stand and from that point in the tears flowed and unashamedly continued to flow through the pitch entrance rendition of bubbles up until I finally looked over my shoulder at the top of the roof walking back to my car.

Henry kept snatching quick glances at me during this only his second visit to UP (the first one being a not too shabby recent victory over the scousers) he must have thought silly old sod it's fantastic this I turn up see a brilliant game of football plenty of goals and we never lose. You'll learn son, hopefully enjoying this wonderful team at the OS.

The game really was fantastic (if you were neutral) and setting aside the obvious concerns/moans about the referee, was a fitting last game for me. The cherry on the cake for me was Bonzo's half time speech ( I cried like a baby again) and the Billy Bonds song that was sung brought back memories of the time that was in full cry at all home games.

Anyway this old sod has never cried nor been so emotional at a game before (angry frustrated yes) but I'm proud to have said farewell to what has been a very important part of varying stages of my life so far.

Goodbye and God bless the Boleyn and all who have played in and worshipped in her :crest: XX
What a lovely post.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Sums up how we all feel Chappo there will never be another ground like The Boleyn :crest:
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Not a peep out of the Arsenal fans at work today

Would have loved all 3 points and a bit gutted we didn't get them

I thought Antonio was outstanding, that bloke would run through a brick wall if it meant he would win a game of football
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Kermit wrote:
Tbh I can't really comment about what everyone thought about the ref because the discussions were pretty much all about the game. Which in a way speaks volumes imo. Obviously at the game (my seat is almost level with the halfway line) we didn't have a scooby if Lanzini's goal should have stood or not but most people felt the Payet "goal" was correctly disallowed.

But as I say no one was really talking about the ref, unlike after the Palace game for example, which rightly or wrongly I would interpret as people feeling as I did that he did OK.
I agree that a TV view, from multiple angles, can give you a clearer more rounded view. Where we were in the BML we clearly couldn't judge the Lanzini goal, though we knew by halftime that the BBC (amongst others) had stated that it was onside and should have stood. I had a clear view of the Payet goal, Carroll was right in front of us, the ref seemed to initially give it before the linesman overruled him. We could see that there was nothing in Carroll's challenge in realtime and having seen the replay I still don't agree with the linesman. Walking out the talk was at least 50% about the officials from what I could hear, we had a number of decisions in front of us that looked plainly wrong in real time so that was only natural.
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

Romford wrote:And just when you thought that Arsenal fans couldn't get any more embarrassing...

http://sabotagetimes.com/football/embar ... ham-mascot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He is a regular on arsenalfantv(worth watching for comedy value mate,trust me)
He is known among many as mr merchandise...He has home and away headphones?!
A grade A plank.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I couldn't go on Saturday and dragged my mum away from the game as well so she could look after my kids.

We were home in time to watch all but the first goal though and it was a nice experience to watch the game on the TV with my mum as I haven't done that since I was about 16.

It would be nice if she didn't chant the swearing in front of the kids though :)
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Romford wrote:
:D Quality
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Romford wrote:
:D Quality
codger
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by codger »

Dunno if I've got this wrong but wasn't it the same linesman that cost us two goals and not the referee?
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Romford wrote:And just when you thought that Arsenal fans couldn't get any more embarrassing...

http://sabotagetimes.com/football/embar ... ham-mascot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he got a slap at their place off of one of ours after getting trappy...the blokes an utter bellend

their arsenal tv people seem to be a bunch of ****ing cartoon/harry enfield characters...our lot put theirs to shame
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

That Arsenal TV is embarrassing

In fact all these fan channels are embarrassing, its a platform for bellends.

Though it is a chance to post this video on chelsea fan TV, from 0:45 onwards :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYXqZb ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by The Gibbins on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

The Gibbins wrote:That Arsenal TV is embarrassing

In fact all these fan channels are embarrassing, its a platform for bellends.

Though it is a chance to post this video on chelsea fan TV, from 0:45 on wards :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYXqZb ... e=youtu.be
i actually think the west ham tv boys do a decent job...its fairly rough and raw, but they dont mince their words or talk ***** like the arsenal lot...
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

codger wrote:Dunno if I've got this wrong but wasn't it the same linesman that cost us two goals and not the referee?
The idiot running the line in front of the East Stand (for the first half, anyway) put in one of the worst performances I've seen. Shambolic.

I can take us being bad - we've all seen enough now. But the number of decisions blatantly going against us is plain wrong and if I were Bilic, I wouldn't have been able to contain myself at the end of the game on saturday. Not sure what, but something must be done.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

southendmadhammer wrote:
I can take us being bad - we've all seen enough now. But the number of decisions blatantly going against us is plain wrong and if I were Bilic, I wouldn't have been able to contain myself at the end of the game on saturday. Not sure what, but something must be done.

Not a great deal could or should be done, other than one thing that slightly bugs me about Bilic. I find him too respectful during these obvious mistakes. In most of the post match interviews I see of him he rarely goes into criticising Officials. It's extremely admirable and how I would like my manager to behave, however I have a bad feeling it doesn't apply the necessary pressure on the Officials to be aware of their continual obvious errors.

We all hated Ferguson and Wenger for constantly bleating in the media, often with little justification and I don't want Bilic to adopt the same level of persistent moaning of poor officiating, but I do wonder if he took a leaf out of their book from time to time for added effect with the occasional public rant in the mass media that lets everyone know a) it's not on and b) everyone's eyes are now fixed squarely on every decision made against us and that they are well aware of it.

He has made some attempt, I just wonder whether he could apply even more pressure. Even if it had to get to Ferguson levels temporarily until it became more of a level playing field.

Other than that, I really cannot see what else can be done other than hoping that all of a sudden they start officiating far more consistantly and fairly (unknowingly or other wise..)
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

southendmadhammer wrote:The idiot running the line in front of the East Stand (for the first half, anyway) put in one of the worst performances I've seen. Shambolic.
Darren Cann. One of Howard Webb's "team" in Brazil. And a Canary.