West Ham Utd 3-3 Arsenal (09/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal: Match Thread

Post by Kev59 »

If there was one decision that separates Slav from Sam, it was his decision to keep Antonio on and sub Tomkins. At 2-2, Sam would have been happy to get out with the draw and four recognised defenders at the back. No, not knocking him for it, it was just so good to see it and sums the season up.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Albie Beck wrote: Darren Cann. One of Howard Webb's "team" in Brazil. And a Canary.
Makes one miss the days when they sent canaries down mine-shafts to test for poison gas-leaks...

Little to add other than to say I think that was the worst ref display at ours since Antony Taylor in the Carlton/Darren Gibson red cards one a few years back.

And on a happier note, I think the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half were the best I've seen all season from us - some of that football was sensational, doubtless had it been the oppo playing it the media would still be Kleenex-ing themselves down now.

Great atmos in the BML too; been lots of fun this season... 'There's only one Lenny Henry, one Lenny Henry!. :lol:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

some of the comments on that arsenal tv thing are brilliant

'its not even a real teddy bear '- is my particular favourite
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:And on a happier note, I think the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half were the best I've seen all season from us - some of that football was sensational, doubtless had it been the oppo playing it the media would still be Kleenex-ing themselves down now.
Totally agree. We just swarmed all over them, playing some wonderful stuff. Only disappointment was we didn't score more having been so dominant.

I actually thought we played pretty well in the first half and the 2-0 lead flattered Arsenal.