Leicester City 2-2 West Ham Utd (17/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Rasp »

ashbanki wrote:Leicester and Vardy charged by the FA -
FA charge Vardy with improper conduct.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... er-conduct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Believer wrote:Reckon he'll get an extra games ban. I think the 2nd game is at Old Trafford

Typical, the one game we could do with them winning!
That ref's just screwed us again after the match!
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

Anyone else still got their "Keith Hackett is a Cheat" rear window strip from '91? :D[/quote]

Haha, I had one of those in the back of my XR3i for a couple of years after the game 'Hackett is a cheat, long live fair play' if I remember correctly.
Used to get a lot of thumbs up as I tore around the streets of Hornchurch.
Great days
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote:
Typical, the one game we could do with them winning!
That ref's just screwed us again after the match!
I'd guess they could appeal so he plays that one ? Even if they draw that game, provided we win Wednesday and at West Brom, we'd go above Man Utd.

Edit - no we wouldn't although their next game is Palace who seem to be getting their confidence again !
Last edited by Believer on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Just to add my take on all this and to point out that these ex-referees in the media are making themselves a laughing stock: I read the mail and they use Graham "three yellows" Poll as their "expert". He thought Moss got most decisions right and AC's was a definite shove for their penalty. I also picked up a copy of the Sun and they use Mark "whistleblower" Halsey. His opinions were almost the exact opposite of Poll's! He even claimed that Reid dived for our penalty and should have got a yellow! And of course ACs was never a penalty. Both thought Ogbonna on Huth was more of a penalty than ours! My point is that these are ex-Premier refs who have seen all the incidents over and over again from every conceivable angle, unlike Mr Moss, and they are miles apart in their assessment of the decisions. As for that clown Hackett perhaps our semi v Forest was too big for him!!! So I ask you what chance has any referee got with all this "after the event" analysis going on. On top of that you have the reported (haven't seen it myself) "outrage" vented by Gary bloody Lineker on social media. I can guess what Leicester's favourite son had to say! So the ref is "damned if you do and damned if you don't". Clearly the Ogbonna/Huth incident was fresh in his mind, the Leicester players made sure of that, the crowd were singing 2-1 to the referee and we should have been streetwise enough not to give him a chance to even it up especially after Stamford Bridge. But it's gone and we move on. :scarfer:
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Slacking student wrote:Taken from a Leicester forum, it was a tea against the monitor moment

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... -2/page-16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we have a winner for the most deluded post of all time :arry:
I think you are right....biased Sky commentary? From ex-Leicester player Alan Smith who never has a good word to say about us at the best of times?

As for some of the others justifying Vardy and his dive.....mental.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

NorthBankAlliance wrote: Who gives a ****, they've just had a season most will never experience.

Some right sad, bitter bods on here...
You absolute plonker :lol: I'm not bitter at all, I've wanted them to win the league ever since it became clear that we weren't going to, I've been very pro Leicester all season and I hope they do it, I merely agreed with somebody else's comment that next season in the CL refs won't stand for the stuff Huth and Morgan do, the former especially. And is there a problem with me suggesting that next season, when people are wiser to this and the games come thicker and faster, they will probably do a Blackburn?
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

On a personal note I saw my ( Very substantial by my standards ) bet on us to win at 11/4 fritter away
Yes it was only 11/4 ...I got to thinking if ( in a normal season ) we went to say Chelsea with them 7 points clear with 6 to go we are about 5/1 -- 11/2 ?

11/4 very skinny Betway odds

Not that it matters now

thank you John Moss ..Oh and I never liked Culture Club
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

JLCABA wrote:On a personal note I saw my ( Very substantial by my standards ) bet on us to win at 11/4 fritter away
Yes it was only 11/4 ...I got to thinking if ( in a normal season ) we went to say Chelsea with them 7 points clear with 6 to go we are about 5/1 -- 11/2 ?

11/4 very skinny Betway odds

Not that it matters now

thank you John Moss ..Oh and I never liked Culture Club
I took 9/1 when WHU went a goal down
wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

richneal wrote:Jamie Vardy Sainthood In Jeopardy http://newsthump.com/2016/04/18/jamie-v ... -jeopardy/
:D
hrhr, nice one!
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

richneal wrote:Jamie Vardy Sainthood In Jeopardy http://newsthump.com/2016/04/18/jamie-v ... -jeopardy/
I love it! :lol:
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Just a thought but if England win with Vardy, Kane and Rooney up front will they win "ugly"? :thup:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I have just timed 8 seconds on my wrist watch and had Valencia just kicked it down the pitch towards the corner flag, it would have taken around 4 seconds to get there and another 4 seconds to come back. by the time it had, the ref would have blown for full time
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Puff Daddy wrote:I have just timed 8 seconds on my wrist watch and had Valencia just kicked it down the pitch towards the corner flag, it would have taken around 4 seconds to get there and another 4 seconds to come back. by the time it had, the ref would have blown for full time
FA cup final and now this, why won't our players ever learn to just hoof it when it's nearly full time ;)
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

ludo22 wrote:

Then you are a mentalist.Just the fact that you typed that should make you ashamed.Go and support Chelsea.

Spurs are a better team, play better football. And about from a few knob head of fans who are mostly in their 40 and 50 and sit on the fightingcock all day worrying and obsessing over us, Arsenal and any other club. Some of their fans are ok
Last edited by Prob on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

i'd like Leicester to win the league but I have a massive hatred for Huth, so I hope they don't
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Genius :D
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

The Difference wrote:for those thinking the sky commentary was biased, you should have been listening to the NBC coverage in the States. Robbie Earle and Arlo White were clearly gutted when we went 2-1 up, they are desperate for them to win it, after all of them wrote Leicester off all season, they don't want to have to do 2 U-turns in a season, otherwise their football 'knowledge' might be questioned!
Arlo White is from Leicester and is a supporter. He still went pretty mental for Cresswell's goal. He also said at the time and after several replays that the yellow card for diving was legit.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

The Big Show wrote: Haha, I had one of those in the back of my XR3i for a couple of years after the game 'Hackett is a cheat, long live fair play' if I remember correctly.

Used to get a lot of thumbs up as I tore around the streets of Hornchurch.

Great days
:)