Leicester City 2-2 West Ham Utd (17/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

si_preston_hammer

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by si_preston_hammer »

I re-watched both the Arsenal game and Leicester game last night from MotD highlights.

Unbelievable decisions from all officials in the Arsenal game, two legitimate goals chalked off and a pen not given.

Leicester were kicking us off the park right from the off and how the Ref didn't give us a pen when Huth (almost an anagram of THUG!) forearmed Reid in the area directly in view of Moss and they break and score!!! We've seen Vardy for what he is now too, a nasty piece of work!
I've stopped liking the Fairytale Fantastic Foxes quite so much now!!!

Anyway onwards and hopefully upwards again after Watford!
:scarfer:
gmhammer

Post by gmhammer »

My opinion of the fairy-tale team is changing too. I looked on one of their forums to gauge their reaction to the game and was quite shocked. They are steadfast in their belief only they got shafted. Many think Vardy was right to call the ref a ***ing **t and that he should tell England he wont play if selected for The Euros. A couple of posters tried to inject some objectivity but were roundly abused and 1 told them that if they weren't going to follow the party line, then don't post. They seem to really believe the FA have instructed refs to hamper them in winning the league as they want a bigger team to do so. I know a couple of people said it somewhat tongue in cheek on here but they are serious.
Also I saw 3 or 4 posts wishing Harry Kane a broken leg last night, reckon the pressures getting to the fans or they are just an unpleasant bunch.
Last edited by -DL- on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: avoiding swear filter
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

gmhammer wrote:My opinion of the fairy-tale team is changing too. I looked on one of their forums to gauge their reaction to the game and was quite shocked. They are steadfast in their belief only they got shafted. Many think Vardy was right to call the ref a F***ing C**t and that he should tell England he wont play if selected for The Euros. A couple of posters tried to inject some objectivity but were roundly abused and 1 told them that if they weren't going to follow the party line, then don't post. They seem to really believe the FA have instructed refs to hamper them in winning the league as they want a bigger team to do so. I know a couple of people said it somewhat tongue in cheek on here but they are serious.
Also I saw 3 or 4 posts wishing Harry Kane a broken leg last night, reckon the pressures getting to the fans or they are just an unpleasant bunch.
There's always a few mugs, I know a Leicester fan and he's been very complimentary about us this season. The media bandwagon has upped a few gears in the last few weeks and unfortunately people have been taken in by it. It doesn't help that the media and football commentators and pundits are now on the act. The one-sidedness of Alan Smith and Clive "United" Tydlesly, Lineker, and even Shearer has been taken in. I'm not even going to mention Ian Wright who's always been an idiot.

I suspect many thought we had nothing to play for…even listening to the commentary I found it strange that they were saying "West Ham are not lying down for them". Obviously we are still going for Europe but that is forgotten in the rush to praise Leicester.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

I found it interesting to look on this site then go onto a Leicester forum to see the reaction towards the referee and well it does make you wonder if we are as deluded as them?

Jon Moss is an interesting character when taking charge of our fixtures I think he has awarded us our last three penalties in the League, definitely both this season with Red Cards either for or against in his last five games involving us so generally are entertaining games.

To be honest I didn't think any of his decisions were out and out errors but were nearly all the kind that most officials wouldn't give so it leads him open to scrutiny especially with the media spotlight on Leicester, though I do think the Foxes players' behaviour to the officials left a lot be desired.

For once it looked like we were going to get the rub of the green from the ref but that all went out of the window in the last minute which like against Chelsea leaves no time to put right a harsh or wrong decision.

Leicester though a great story to me are no more than a good side and it is amazing to think they are likely to win the title simply because of the lack of a top quality side or two in the League this season, if only had that been the case in 1985/86.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

OFT wrote:
Sadly the whole fairytale thing has got the better of that club. It's players and fans have turned into the same monster with behaviour that certain of the 'chosen few giants' exhibit,
Not sure exactly when they came into circulation but they have been waving those scarves with Champions on them for a good few weeks now - very muggy, very Man U.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

pharaoh wrote: There's always a few mugs, I know a Leicester fan and he's been very complimentary about us this season. The media bandwagon has upped a few gears in the last few weeks and unfortunately people have been taken in by it. It doesn't help that the media and football commentators and pundits are now on the act. The one-sidedness of Alan Smith and Clive "United" Tydlesly, Lineker, and even Shearer has been taken in. I'm not even going to mention Ian Wright who's always been an idiot.
Alan Smith is always anti West Ham whoever we are playing, never has a good word to say about us.
gegsy
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by gegsy »

It's ironic that the team top of the "dodgy decisons" table think there is a conspiracy against them.

Football fans eh?
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

frankiemac wrote:unbelievable how blinkered some people are
You can tell that by reading moat of this thread!
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

They have a competent striker in Ulloa ready to step into Vardy's shoes. Not in the same class as Vardy but a decent player nevertheless.

Whilst I didn't like what I saw from some of their players and fans at the weekend, I still hope they do it.

There's a sense of optimism amongst Spurs fans now after their result last night which I want to see ended!
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

MorthwylMawr wrote:Do you think that dive will end up costing the title stripy? I mean with Vardy out, I can't see you guys scoring
Jamie who? Scoring not a problem it seems :oops: