West Bromwich Albion 0-3 West Ham Utd (30/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: West Bromwich Albion v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Romford »

Very lucky not to be at least a couple behind as the Baggies started very well working extremely hard...another shout for the youngster who ripped Cress a new one for the first 25.

Our stars...Chek, Nobes, Payet, Antonio and Winston who was a rock.

The only downer of the day was one of our Plod spotters winning his bet on 3-0 :wink:
cockneylol

Post by cockneylol »

I think it speaks wonders for Slavens motivational skills that he can still inspire the team to play like that when it looks like the top 4 is a little beyond us now.

I know we still have 3 games to go and on this form we could still win all of them but I have to say that I am more excited about what we could do next season than I have been ever before.

COYI!!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Also very nice to come out of a game and not having to mention a referee.

Well done officials :thup:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

cockneylol wrote:I think it speaks wonders for Slavens motivational skills that he can still inspire the team to play like that when it looks like the top 4 is a little beyond us now.

I know we still have 3 games to go and on this form we could still win all of them but I have to say that I am more excited about what we could do next season than I have been ever before.

COYI!!

Well Leicester continued their form last season into this season and look what happened there!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Romford wrote:Also very nice to come out of a game and not having to mention a referee.

Well done officials :thup:
Even more remarkable - it was Lee Mason.
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

The way we kept possession in tight areas and played our way out of danger broke and scored the second goal still Making me grin with delight...That was the west ham way.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Brilliant game, they might have been on top 1st 25, but we weathered it ! Was a fantastic atmosphere, been to some fantastic away days this season, Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, West Brom and not so nice, Watford and Spurs, but what a season, am with Noble, don't want it to end !

I do think we're going to keep it going for next season, with the loanees gone and some more superstars coming in who Bilic has targetted, I think we're on the up !
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

tremendous day out on the very special bus! brilliant win, given they were all over us for 30 mins. Keep it up lads. 3 more wins!!!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

AMC1964 wrote:tremendous day out on the very special bus! brilliant win, given they were all over us for 30 mins. Keep it up lads. 3 more wins!!!
Special needs bus more like mate :wink:

Cheers for the Wilson...sods law mine arrived 2 mins after.

How did i get stuck in front of a certain chap from Norwich right behind me !
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

bubbles1966 wrote:
Even more remarkable - it was Lee Mason.
And not one booking....very impressive
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Just amazes me the resilience we now have, as other have said West Brom started off so well, but we stuck at it, yesterday was one of those days too when I think our backing as supporters was amazing, to see Mark Noble enjoying himself and scoring goals like he did yesterday says so much about Bilic, a lot got on Mark's back early season, but I knew and had confidence that Slaven would bring him through. Kouyate again yesterday was the class we know he is, and Payet had his touch back again.

Great to break another record again yesterday, long long time since I have seen the players so together and really enjoying working and playing with each other, makes the journey back North so much easier.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

What did you think of Carroll's lay off and cross for the third goal mate?
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Carroll's lay off was great, as well as the part that Payet played, but Mark took it well
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Carroll was superb yesterday, love how everything doesn't have to go through him like it did under Allardyce.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Romford wrote:Very lucky not to be at least a couple behind as the Baggies started very well:
We were saying the same where we were stood .Once we got our first though there was only going to be one winner .

I think we're fortunate to be playing a couple of clubs with nothing to play for in our last three matches , I fancy we'll take maximum points from the Stoke and Swansea games , it's the home match against Manchester United that concerns me .

Their supporters will be desperate to turn us over in the final ever game at our place .

Our entire season is going to come down to 90 minutes .
Codu
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Codu »

Lee Mason took an extra couple of seconds before blowing his whistle every time there was a call to be made. The commentators on my stream didn't like it, but I thought this definitely helped his performance.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

the pink palermo wrote:
We were saying the same where we were stood .Once we got our first though there was only going to be one winner .

I think we're fortunate to be playing a couple of clubs with nothing to play for in our last three matches , I fancy we'll take maximum points from the Stoke and Swansea games , it's the home match against Manchester United that concerns me .

Their supporters will be desperate to turn us over in the final ever game at our place .

Our entire season is going to come down to 90 minutes .

That one doesn't concern me. It will be party time at the ol' gal andvtge fans and players will make sure we get the points.The difference between this one and the FA Cup match is the occasion got to us, but this time I think we will win for old time's sake.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

I only managed to catch the very limited highlights on MOTD.

From what I have read on here, I don't think the highlights did the team full credit. I'm loving the style, the energy and the pleasure that all the players seem to be enjoying on the pitch.

Its a rainy grey day here, but I'm still smiling like a cheshire cat!

COYI!!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

BalaamBoy wrote:I only managed to catch the very limited highlights on MOTD.

From what I have read on here, I don't think the highlights did the team full credit. I'm loving the style, the energy and the pleasure that all the players seem to be enjoying on the pitch.

Its a rainy grey day here, but I'm still smiling like a cheshire cat!

COYI!!
Make it even sunnier by watching the slow mo repeats of Noble's goal with the Too Good For England song ringing out. It's another highlight of the season for me.

http://www.footytube.com/video/west-bro ... an_vidgrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Codu wrote:Lee Mason took an extra couple of seconds before blowing his whistle every time there was a call to be made. The commentators on my stream didn't like it, but I thought this definitely helped his performance.
Yes Kudos to Lee Mason, handled it well :thup: