West Bromwich Albion 0-3 West Ham Utd (30/04/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: West Bromwich Albion v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

What I liked about all 3 finishes yesterday, was the Keeper had absolutely no chance with any of them. Completely helpless and rooted to the spot.
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

Romford wrote:Very lucky not to be at least a couple behind as the Baggies started very well working extremely hard...
My thoughts exactly, could have been our usual start playing only when we are 2-0 down.

Wonderful finishes, very proud of this season.
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

To be expected though from the home team.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Colours never run wrote:What I liked about all 3 finishes yesterday, was the Keeper had absolutely no chance with any of them. Completely helpless and rooted to the spot.
Noble's first looked weird though (on TV). Couldn't work out why he seemed to stand and watch like he was expecting a whistle.
As a WBA fan said in The Graun; "The African continent moved away from South America faster than Ben Foster in front of Mark Noble."

Nobes' second was utter class though!
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

Nobles first was good, although he messed up the first touch, he still went in and toe poked it into the corner.
since86

Post by since86 »

Another great day in a season of great days. 10 unbeaten now, we've put a few of these runs together and thoroughly deserve our place in Europe (this time!). Speaking of which, our fitness and conditioning team need a mention, considering the season started way back in July and we're still going strong.
Already looking forward to next season! :scarfer:
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

I just love beating a Pulis team :scarfer:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

That last one on the Opposition View had me in stitches, couldn't stop laughing as the hatred steadily accumulated until it reached a cracking Eastenders themed crescendo.

:thup:
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Apart from the first 20 mins I thought we were awesome. Quality first time and possession football. Our 3rd goal was class but I was loving the second goal aswell.

Other results went for us today so we still have that outside chance of fourth.

I was 30 yesterday so West Ham made my birthday night out a lot more enjoyable! :scarfer:
maltab

Post by maltab »

Interesting to see that we had a fully fit squad to choose from yesterday. It meant that Obiang, Song and Valencia didn't even make the bench.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Obiang is injured I believe, and Song will never play for us again :D
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Neither will Valencia with a bit of luck.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Aztec Hammer wrote:That last one on the Opposition View had me in stitches, couldn't stop laughing as the hatred steadily accumulated until it reached a cracking Eastenders themed crescendo.

:thup:

In fairness, most were magnanimous enough.

The one that truly interested me was the one who mentioned that we had developed due to properly vested ambition. Essentially, I couldn't help but seeing a bit of the BFS's in Pulis' team yesterday. Some very good players, who are flatlining due to a lack of ambition. When we started knocking the ball around the floor they couldn't handle it. Rondon deserves better than the hoof ball, and the constipated midfield is akin to the BFS days. Its a nice club, decent stadium, with a fairly welcoming fanbase. However, Pulis has not exactly turned miracles, and 41 points this season is hardly an impressive tally, in spite of some of the summer's investment.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

WBA need to consider selling Berahino, if he can't work his way onto the pitch for such a low-scoring team.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Bit better than the last time we visited West Brom...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/footba ... -Brom.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

Good away day, easy peasy journey on the train from Northampton.

Missed the second goal as popped down slightly early to stand in the queue to get a half time beer.

Liked the 'fans zone' outside the ground, although was not bery busy. If utilised properly that could be good at the OS. I've not been, but Man City do one dont they.

I was stop second but top row right next to the away fans. Day was ever so slightly tainted by the copper who insisted on unleashing his death farts every five minutes. The bloke's insides must be rotting.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

maltab wrote:Interesting to see that we had a fully fit squad to choose from yesterday. It meant that Obiang, Song and Valencia didn't even make the bench.
I never looked at our bench. Who was on it? Would be amazed if Obiang wasn't on it if fit, but very telling that Valencia wasn't on it if he was fit
Bantastic

Post by Bantastic »

steveyrockstar wrote:
I never looked at our bench. Who was on it? Would be amazed if Obiang wasn't on it if fit, but very telling that Valencia wasn't on it if he was fit
Randolph, Tomkins, Collins, Moses, Byram, Emenike, Oxford
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

BarryGreen wrote:Good away day, easy peasy journey on the train from Northampton.

Missed the second goal as popped down slightly early to stand in the queue to get a half time beer.

Liked the 'fans zone' outside the ground, although was not bery busy. If utilised properly that could be good at the OS. I've not been, but Man City do one dont they.

I was stop second but top row right next to the away fans. Day was ever so slightly tainted by the copper who insisted on unleashing his death farts every five minutes. The bloke's insides must be rotting.
I thought that was the entrance to the ground as everyone was getting searched... stood in the pouring rain to get searched, quickly realized it was some fan zone thing and walked straight through out the other side :lol:
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

richard99cook wrote: I thought that was the entrance to the ground as everyone was getting searched... stood in the pouring rain to get searched, quickly realized it was some fan zone thing and walked straight through out the other side :lol:
Haha not for everyone then. But the lack of surrounding pubs, with the vine being a bit of a walk and then rammed quite early on, i thought this was a right result. Some live music, albeit not brilliant, a hog road and beer van made a nice change