West Ham Utd 1-4 Swansea City (07/05/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Swansea: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

Pretty much how I feel, Discobar.

I still have faith in Bilic in the long run should we fail to reach a Europa place (for the second season running - I don't count the Qualifiers we failed in to reach the Europa group stages properly).

It's not over yet though..
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

Discobar wrote:

We are 7th and if we finish 8th this season will not have been a success. Not if we miss out on Europe now. 8th is where the board would have expected us to finish as a minimum after the summer investment.

There are no excuses for throwing away a chance for Europa like we did yesterday. Manager and players were badly at fault. "Who really cares where we finish?" What kind of defeatist comment is that? Rodear got us 7th in his first year. Bilic ****ed up badly yesterday and if we miss out on Europa yesterday's game will stay long In the mind
So will being unbeaten from August to May remain 'long in the mind'
Manager and players 'badly at fault'.....you say....8 months at home UNDEFEATED... after one bad performance all you can do is slag them off....
Bilic has ****ed up so Badly we are going to finish way in front of CFC..last seasons champions.

You need to get a grip pal....Any sensible West Ham fan would have taken top 10 place last August...
But for you 8 months Undefeated isn't good enough in Bilics first season in charge
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Bilic cost us a europa place...WOW...and you can't forgive him..for now.
TIll we win the next one?..what if we lose that too...imagine losing so many at home all season...unforegivable.
Where do you think we'd be without him and his staff?.

BIlic Out....For Now
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Never said I wanted Bilic out. I don't. However 8th place is nothing to shout from the rooftops about especially considering where we were- This is the point you can't seem to understand.

Now this is all hyperthetical, we may still come top 6 - and that would mean a good season of course but anything less and missing out on Europa would be a disappointment. It would also hurt our transfer targets, a player is much more likely to say yes if we can offer European football

Let's be honest now, we have had more than one bad performance at home, truth be told we struggle against teams we should beat and raise our game for the bigger clubs. It's great we have taken so many points against the traditional big teams but next season we need to address our performances against the other teams. We are very slow starters a lot of the time in games, there is no hiding from that.

And for the record I don't give a f*** about Chelsea or where they finish.
Last edited by Discobar on Sun May 08, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrVenk
Has liked: 362 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

We're only talking about a possible European place because of Bilic's steady hand.

Meh, come on - it's like your missus getting p*ssed up and spewing up on you. Mop it up and move on.

If we do Man U, this season will have been great. If we don't beat Man U, this season will still have been good.

:crest:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

They've taken your post out of context Discobar, I know exactly the point you were making and agree.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

hamagram wrote:we blew it!, give it a rest.
My thoughts exactly...
hamagram

Post by hamagram »

Somehow you've managed to sum up your selective misquoting and support in one post perfectly Dyers leg.
Congratulations
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

You're ****ing off a supporter of 40 years, that's seen us go through some utter, utter **** for having the audacity to be disappointed and gutted that we've been in the hunt for a European spot - something we've not managed in the league in my lifetime - and blowing it at the last. Saying I'm a muggy supporter and that I should be happy with falling short at almost the last hurdle because it's been a good season.

Now I don't know who you think you are telling people how they should be feeling, and calling them muggy if they dont conform to your way of thinking, but you're digging out the wrong one here. Dig out the ones that are saying Payet should f*** off, the ones with the childish atitiude (much like you with your 'muggy' name calling to be fair), but never, ever tell me that I should be happy to accept us throwing away a chance of european football and accuse me of having a sense of entitlement as anybody on this forum that knows me knows nothing can be further from the truth.

I've supported this club through thick and thin, and I make no apologies for my disaappointment of the **** that was served up Saturday and what it has cost us.

But hey, we are just little West Ham, and I guess we should know our place, right?

If anyone is being muggy here, it's you giving it the 'I'm a better supporter than you' b*llocks.
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

For me, it's simple.
The last ever Saturday 3pm game at our home and the players put on a performance like that. I don't think it's good enough.
However, the season has been enjoyable, but just a shame that it looks like it's gonna just fizzle out.
:scarfer:
hamagram

Post by hamagram »

-DL- wrote:You're ****ing off a supporter of 40 years, that's seen us go through some utter, utter **** for having the audacity to be disappointed and gutted that we've been in the hunt for a European spot - something we've not managed in the league in my lifetime - and blowing it at the last. Saying I'm a muggy supporter and that I should be happy with falling short at almost the last hurdle because it's been a good season.

Now I don't know who you think you are telling people how they should be feeling, and calling them muggy if they dont conform to your way of thinking, but you're digging out the wrong one here. Dig out the ones that are saying Payet should **** off, the ones with the childish atitiude (much like you with your 'muggy' name calling to be fair), but never, ever tell me that I should be happy to accept us throwing away a chance of european football and accuse me of having a sense of entitlement as anybody on this forum that knows me knows nothing can be further from the truth.

I've supported this club through thick and thin, and I make no apologies for my disaappointment of the **** that was served up Saturday and what it has cost us.

But hey, we are just little West Ham, and I guess we should know our place, right?

If anyone is being muggy here, it's you giving it the 'I'm a better supporter than you' b*llocks.
hamagram

Post by hamagram »

Dyers leg, I could pick apart your last remarks to score some cheap points, or add misquotes but That would be childish.
We disagree that your gutted, we blew it, remarks have some bearing.
Celebrate achievement, as in, this group of players qualify for the Europa if it happens...gutted about no champions league is something West Ham fans have ridiculed spuds for, for years...but of course you'd know that.
Why can't you see past the pain of a defeat and see what a season of success this has been, both on and off the field...one defeat doesn't make the season...I look forward to an away trip to some obscure part of Europe if it happens..that would be a success, would it not.?, or do you think we should be expecting more this year?
Be honest...for how many seasons have you heard "gutted", it's so and so's fault, attributed to spuds or West Ham.?
Wether we are little ole West Ham or tother, what's your point?...
Same old West Ham for me, taking the piss.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

hamagram wrote: Why can't you see past the pain of a defeat and see what a season of success this has been, both on and off the field...one defeat doesn't make the season...
Because that was the last Saturday 3pm kick off at Upton Park. Ever. People came from everywhere and some paid silly money to be there and the team let us all down by not turning up. I wouldn't have minded losing if we'd put a shift in. But I'd say we performed to about 30% on Saturday of what we are capable of. And that's not acceptable. Whatever way you look at it. Yes obviously when this season is over we will all look back at the fantastic wins we've had this year, but right now Saturday is still very raw because our players looked like they couldn't care less.

A win on Tuesday would put things right. But I just can't see it because they have let us down twice now when it really matters.
hamagram

Post by hamagram »

Stepney, isn't that just an unbalanced reaction to the last result.?
It's still the same set of players that got us into that position, you don't really think they don't care..?
Swansea were better, we didn't deserve anything from the game..it's happened for more years than I care to remember. If you find it unacceptable the performance on Saturday, it's because of the high standards that have been set throughout the season by all concerned...so to say they've " let us down" is a tad strong by contrast.

Maybe I've hit a nerve with some cos Saturday's result maybe "still a bit raw"...I'll leave it a that..
as you say, the season has been a success.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

What really annoyed and frustrated me was that we threw the game away doing basically the same thing we did when we threw the Man Utd cup replay away. Yesterday was an important game, last Saturday game at UP and a must win for a Champions league place and Bilic is still messing around with Antonio at right back, still bringing on Valencia and Emineike when we go down and having our defence and midfield torn apart by average teams. This was three points thrown down the toilet, Swansea should have had their minds on the beach and we should have been pushing for Champions league football but instead they made us look like Villa.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I know now why we lost this and you can blame me. It had nothing to do with Moses, the whole team playing crap, or Slav getting his team selection and tactics wrong. It was far simpler than any of that. Earlier in the week, I lost one of my lucky West Ham cufflinks. Taking them off during the week, one slipped off and rolled under my bed and I despite my searches, I couldn't find it. Since we hadnt lost a league match since I started wearing them I thought at the time, f***, don't tell me that means we are now gonna lose to ****ing Swansea on Saturday. Well, you will all be glad to know, this morning I found it and put it away safely. This is a good omen and means 3 points are in the bag tomorrow night. No doubt about it.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

DrVenk wrote:We're only talking about a possible European place because of Bilic's steady hand.

Meh, come on - it's like your missus getting p*ssed up and spewing up on you. Mop it up and move on.

If we do Man U, this season will have been great. If we don't beat Man U, this season will still have been good.

:crest:
Does the missus puke over you regularly? lol

I think we will be looking to put things right against Man Utd , they ain't all that and if we up our game we will win.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Discobar wrote:8th place is nothing to shout from the rooftops about especially considering where we were
Where we were is only 3 points worse off than where we would have been had we beaten Swansea.

The fact is that this season we are mixing it with the best and if we win tomorrow we will be one point behind Man Utd - when does that happen? wherever we finish the difference between us and the top clubs will be a couple of points. It is very often 20-30 points. That is progression IMO.

We have made steady progress in terms of personnel every season we have been back in the top flight. With a bit more strengthening in the summer we will push on further.

Pretty much everything went for Leicester this season whereas we have not had the luck or the decisions and we still could finish 5th! Imagine what we could do injury free and with sane refs.

Great season.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

ironilunga wrote:Great season.
Absolutely , and even ignoring our impressive points tally, at times we have seen some champagne football this term .

We've won at Anfield, , the Etihad, Arsenal,Everton......traditionally difficult places for us to get anything .

We had a decent cup run , seen some great goals and are still in with a shout of European football with 2 matches to go .

Not bad for a club that frequently sees seasons ending in February .
Colours never run

hamagram wrote: Why can't you see past the pain of a defeat and see what a season of success this has been

By all means I haven't given up hope of us reaching Europe (which was well within this squads capable grasp), but should we finish 8th, there's no way I'd regard this season with this set of players a 'success'. It would have just underachieved.