PSF: Carolina Railhawks 2-2 West Ham Utd (13/07/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

djclipz
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Re: Carolina Railhawks v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by djclipz »

BarryGreen wrote:Just seen the goals. How has he managed to fall over like that and handball the ball inside the box from where he tripped. Comical really haha
:lol: Who was it? He wouldn't be forgetting that anytime soon if he was in my team.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Page the young left back I think
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Was a decent run out by all accounts and a much higher paced performance than against Seattle. Again, not fussed about the result. For anyone in a state of panic and for a dose of perspective we still have Randolph, Collins, Ogbonna, Payet, Kouyate, Töre, Fletcher, Antonio, Cullen, Oxford, maybe Sakho and Valencia and perhaps another striker to join up with the team yet.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Two highlights from the game yesterday:

2-0 To the Winston Reid
Vast majority of the fans staying in the stands during the storm singing and dancing.
Bloody hilarious.

Good turn out by our fans, for a pre-season friendly. Must have been well over a thousand, fans from New York, Washington DC, Cincinnati, Texas, Florida and many other cities/States.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Did any of the new guys stand out for anyone who went or watched? Seen a few say Feghouli and Quina looked lively.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Vince wrote: Good turn out by our fans, for a pre-season friendly. Must have been well over a thousand, fans from New York, Washington DC, Cincinnati, Texas, Florida and many other cities/States.
We do drag some out the woodwork don't we? As you say well over a thousand of us there...bus loads to and from the London Bridge.

I was hoping to bump into you Vince but it was all a bit of a melee wasn't it? m-h and I got amongst it and that was that.... :P
Vince

Post by Vince »

In my opinion Feghouli was the stand out for the newbies.

After the storm, we had our youngsters out apart from Nobes, and none of them would you think, wow this guy is going to have a break out year. Samuelsson tried a lot, but most of the time tried too much and lost the ball eventually. Time will tell of course, early days.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Morocco Mole wrote:

We do drag some out the woodwork don't we? As you say well over a thousand of us there...bus loads to and from the London Bridge.

I was hoping to bump into you Vince but it was all a bit of a melee wasn't it? m-h and I got amongst it and that was that.... :P

I was in the London Bridge before and after the game. Met up with Coley and his family.
Next time !
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

DDHammer wrote:Did any of the new guys stand out for anyone who went or watched? Seen a few say Feghouli and Quina looked lively.
I wasn't paying a great deal of attention if I'm honest but my takeaways fwiw were: Samuelson isn't ready, Cresswell looked out of shape and was struggling after about 5 minutes (it was hot as f***), by contrast Carroll looked encouragingly spry and got around the pitch as well if not better than anyone. Take all with a pinch of salt as I was bollocksed. :thup:
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Echo the Samuelsen and Carroll comments to be honest. Samuelsen whilst always looking to surge with exciting football often lost it, probably trying too hard but I would say another loan for him. Carroll on the other hand has launched out the blocks this pre-season and looks fit and raring to go.
PalmettoHammer

Post by PalmettoHammer »

Best part of the night for me: After the lightning delay, West Ham came onto the pitch led by Mark Noble. Noble looks to his right towards the big group of West Ham fans singing and cheering. The look on Noble's face was priceless. The expression was, "What the f*** are you lot still doing here?"

Also, for those that couldn't tell, that was a pretty solid southern summer lightening storm that caused the delay. The players finally had to make the ref. stop the game.

Met a great guy who was born and raised in Leytonstone and was now living in Ft. Lauderdale. That's a 9.5 hour car ride. He tagged along with us, and was shocked at how many Hammers fans from the US and abroad had made the trip. I met three different expats that had all driven up from Florida. Loads from NYC, the Carolinas, Philly, Ohio.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Morocco Mole wrote:.

I wasn't paying a great deal of attention if I'm honest but my takeaways fwiw were: Samuelson isn't ready, Cresswell looked out of shape and was struggling after about 5 minutes (it was hot as ****), by contrast Carroll looked encouragingly spry and got around the pitch as well if not better than anyone. Take all with a pinch of salt as I was bollocksed. :thup:

Just got back to Atlanta . Where you with the Canning Town mob by chance ? If memory serves me right isn't that were you are from originally ?
Bloke that was dong the conductoring and jumped on the field was well oiled.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

No but I know who you mean. His pal had the pork pie hat and the big stogie. We had a beer and a chinwag with them at the boozer but we we weren't with them. I had the missus with me and it was her first ever game so I was trying to hold it down somewhat. :D
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

I didn't think it was Carroll for either goal in terms of his involvement.

Looks very mobile, lean and agile.
Chapel Hill Hammer

Post by Chapel Hill Hammer »

Thought it was a good night

The railhawks did well and there was no stupid tackles from them. Well played

Carroll looked good
Quinoa looked good
Feghouli looks a good signing
Martinez did OK with little service

Disappointed there was no Hammers Merchandise on sale, Missed Opportunity in my opinion

Great Support from everywhere in the USA
Boghopper
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Boghopper »

Just got back to Atlanta . Where you with the Canning Town mob by chance ? If memory serves me right isn't that were you are from originally ?
Bloke that was dong the conductoring and jumped on the field was well oiled.

When that bloke was brought to the copper after running on the pitch he gave him the crossed hammers and says, "West Ham lives matter". The copper laughed and let him go.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Disappointed there was no Hammers Merchandise on sale, Missed Opportunity in my opinion

Great Support from everywhere in the USA[/quote]

I was selling the match badge (game day pin for any Americans) other badges and a few West Ham scarves in the London Bridge.
15 hour drive to get there and 20 coming back, nightmare drive.
Difficult to make a judgement on players in an interrupted game but thought Samuelson was trying the hard pass when simple ball would have been easier. I did think that Poyet just didn't look good at all, was impressed with Martinez's tenacity, chased down defenders trying force mistakes, I do think he will get some games this season.
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Wish they came to NY area.

Ah well. Next year,