PSF:Slovacko 2-2 West Ham Utd (19/07/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ricardo

PSF:Slovacko 2-2 West Ham Utd (19/07/16)

Post by Ricardo »

Tuesday 19th July 17:00 BST

Stadion Rohrbach

Untere Hauptstraße 17, 8234 Rohrbach an der Lafnitz

http://www.fcslovacko.cz/clanek/zajisti ... /6188.html

(This MAY have lost something in translation)

Preparation of Slovakia is in full swing next week and waiting for the player training camp in Austria, which will be the culmination of summer training.

"Team is working in full swing and building relationship with new coach Stanislav Left. I feel that it is in the cabin very good mood and motivation to work. Coach Left is indeed challenging, but the human form. Crew absorbed very intense doses and is now approaching the game block, which will prepare us playroom league competitions, "says the club's manager Vladimir Krejci.

In Austria, the team plays two very interesting preparation matches with the English West Ham United (stadium Rohrbach an der Lafnitz - 19.7 18:00.) And the Russian Urals (date to be announced)

"This is a game of concentration on the border between Austria and Slovenia, where we will play two very good matches, which should already be simulated league matches. One of those rivals is West Ham United. For us it is a very rare opportunity to compete against a team playing in the Premier League, "says Krejci.

The club therefore decided that draws 40 season tickets holders who for this game will be a free shuttle bus.

"It's such a small reward our loyal audiences who buy tickets. Anyone who replaces a pass into the end of the week and will be keen to visit the match, will be included in the draw on Friday afternoon will be drawn contacted with more information, "says Krejci.

The final plan for summer training

Tuesday, 12 7 - 1.FC Slovacko - FC Baník Ostrava (Kroměříž 17:00.)
Tuesday 19 7 - West Ham United - 1.FC Slovacko (Austria 18:00.)
Saturday 23 7 - FK Ural - 1.FC Slovacko (time to be announced.)

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/socc ... 65992.html

In soccer, draws often are referred to as either being a good tie or a bad tie.

However, there was no psychological loser when the Carolina RailHawks and West Ham United exited the pitch after their international friendly Tuesday night after a thrilling 2-2 stalemate.

For West Ham, it was 90 minutes to sharpen its skills in front of a battery of members of the Claret and Blue Army that refused to stop cheering and leave its seats as mass lightning overtook the area during the 63rd minute.

“It was good to see that away from home we had so many fans. We enjoyed it,” West Ham manager Slaven Bilić said. “It was a good tie … I put the kids in at the end to enjoy first-team football in front of basically a full stadium.”

For the Carolina RailHawks, it was the biggest crowd in team history – 10,125 fans to be exact – at WakeMed Soccer Park as fans from all over the East Coast drove in to see the team’s greatest publicity stunt.

“Delighted. It was a good, competitive game; I thought our boys done well against a good team,” Carolina coach Colin Clarke said. “We’ve gained a lot of confidence … It was hard to stop screaming.

“This is a historic, first-time, Premier League club and not one from the bottom of the table. They’ve got a storied history all the way back.”

At halftime, the RailHawks announced arguably the most substantial signing in the club’s 10-year history – Mexican superstar Omar Bravo – to reel in fans for future North American Soccer League matches.

In the statistics books, the RailHawks accomplished a feat not many expected, a lead against the seventh-place finisher in the English Premier League.

In the 14th minute, Drew Beckie launched in a cross for a streaking Matt Fondy that West Ham defender Winston Reid poked into the net while trying to make the interception.

The stadium erupted, but the Hammers – and most notably Reid – didn’t take the deficit lightly, coming back to score four minutes later as Andy Carroll laid off a give-and-go ball to Reid for a redeeming goal.

West Ham doubled its goal count in the 21st when Carroll slotted a Sofiane Fegouhli grounded cross past Carolina goalkeeper Akira Fitzgerald.

Despite not having any of its players score during the first half, Carolina’s offense excelled in the counterattack with Fondy and Brian Shriver playing up top together. The 4-4-2 formation with the duo of Fondy and Shriver also was used during Saturday’s 4-1 league win after a 4-5-1 was used during Carolina’s seven-game winless streak.

After a 40-minute delay for lightning, both teams made a plethora of substitutions that shook up the dynamic of the match when play resumed in the 63rd minute.

In the 67th minute, Guatemalan international Marvin Ceballos scored his first goal in orange and grey, smashing a penalty into the top right corner while West Ham goalkeeper Raphael Spiegel guessed left.

“Cheap penalty,” Bilić said. “Unlucky, really.”

The atmosphere of the sell-out crowd left a lasting memory for RailHawks team captain Nazmi Albdawi.

“It’s my hometown. I’ve been coming to these games since I was a kid,” he said, “so to see that kind of atmosphere on our home field and in my community means a lot to me personally and the team as well.”

Omar Bravo officially announced

There was no surprise that Bravo, who has 65 appearances with the Mexican national team and is Guadalajara’s all-time leading scorer, would be the “surprise” player announced as Carolina’s latest signing. However, when he came out of the tunnel in full uniform, it made one wonder if Bravo, who clinched a Supercopa MX victory with a goal two days earlier, would make his debut against West Ham.

In the 80th minute, the debut came, much to the pleasure of the home supporters.

“He’s a class player and a class act,” Clarke said. “Looking forward to getting him on the field and having options going forward.”

With Fondy being added last week, the options are there.

But for Clarke, “It’s a great problem.”

Updates To Follow
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Re: FC Slovacko v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Excellent.....we will thump this lot.

.........shirley
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

According to my Live Football app, this game is due to be shown live on Premier Sports at 5pm Uk time.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

All 3 matches in Austria will be on Premier Sports:
http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-f ... ports.html
Westhamfan
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Westhamfan »

I hope Bilics team talk is ...take it easy , warm up well, no 50-50 tackles, the result isn't important and lay off of the slivovitz in the evenings...and I hope he gives the new youngsters a run out....
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

I thought they made the Euro draw early :oops:
MrTwoIrons

Post by MrTwoIrons »

That picture of their stadium looks like a train station, are we playing on a mole hill invested field with jumpers for goalposts?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Surprised nobody has commented on this thread for a few days - especially as the match it today. What do people think the strategy will be tonight? Are we likely to get an idea on his favoured starting line up for the Europa league?
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

claretandblue82 wrote:I thought they made the Euro draw early
I thought the other lads had played their previous Euro match and this lot were the winners! I know even less about these names than 90% of those players mentioned in the transfer thread :oops:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

I imagine it will be a mixture of kids and 1st teamers tonight and tomorrow and then Saturday's team might give us an indicator as to what our team for Europe might be?
wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:Carroll not injured: http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130108
Suppose that qualifies as a shocker :lol:
Kai Whufcyouth

Post by Kai Whufcyouth »

Starting XI Randolph; Page, Rice, Burke, Byram; Noble; Samuelsen, Obiang, Cullen, Feghouli; Valencia. (4-1-4-1)

Image (From the club's Twitter account).
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

EDIT: Too late :D
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

4-0. Feghouli with 4 assists and a Valencia hat-trick.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

For those that care, the sub who's name is half missing is Marcus Browne. Domingos Quina and Toni Martinez are also on the bench, but got chopped off the image. :crest:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Noble as a DM? Interesting...
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Is Lanzini already with his national squad?
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

This Premier TV is a subscription channel I take it?

Anyone know if it's being shown for free online?

Cheers in advance.
Kai Whufcyouth

Post by Kai Whufcyouth »

giantsteps wrote:This Premier TV is a subscription channel I take it?

Anyone know if it's being shown for free online?

Cheers in advance.
Think there'll be a site that'll host it. I'll post a link (if that's allowed?) if I see one!