PSF: West Ham Utd 3-0 Karlsruher SC (23/07/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Re: West Ham United vs. Karlsruher SC match thread (23/07 4pm)

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Lee_WHU wrote:Noble's lost it :lol: still going and shouting at them, our assistant had to pull him away
Sure I heard him say he'll knock his ****ing teeth out!
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Codu wrote:Reid looked like he was going to rip your man's head off.

Chasing after him shouting 'you f...... c...!'
He's becoming the player we always knew he could be and his passion is great to see.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

I've also torn my ankle ligaments before, you can walk gingerly but all it takes is one step at a fraction of an angle it doesn't like and it's excruciating. It can happen many times during recovery and each time can set you back, it's a bitch of an injury. Couldn't play properly for 11 months.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

COmmentator said the squad is staying out in austria for the Europa game - I wonder if that means it will be a fairly strong team? Seems worthwhile giving some seniors another run out and try to make the return leg a formality?
Nick_
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Nick_ »

So much for 'friendlies'!
E13whu

Post by E13whu »

Sure I heard him say he'll knock his ****ing teeth out![/quote]

Noble definitely said that, was a horror Sunday league challenge. Finger's crossed Cresswell is not to bad, glad but surprised he left the pitch under his own steam.
Finger

Post by Finger »

Fletcher has to start Thurs ahead of Valencia.
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

The Karlsruher lad deserved a slap for that challenge. Reckless and unnecessary.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

crispy wrote: I could walk when I partially tore my ankle ligaments, it's only after 30 min when the adrenaline goes and the swelling comes you've buggerd it
I tore mine in the first 10 minutes of a game, went on to score and play well into the second half.

Went up for a header and came back down in pain, pulled down my sock to see a black ankle, subbed and was out for months. Couldn't walk the next day!
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Was it his Aaron's ankle? Looked like the interior of the knee to me. That's what he was grabbing at and that's what the trainers were looking at.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Just watched it back and it's a 50/50 for both players to go for but why on earth has that lad gone in with a full force two footed jump? Cresswell gets the ball first and is caught by the opposition.

Hope it's not too bad but expect he'll be out for a month (at least)

If we don't get in a LB within the next week, who can realistically play there?

Nice to see Fletcher on the score sheet again, fully expect him to be a back up option for us this season
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Thought it started at 5! Dammit, I've just missed the 1st half.
There is a full replay on Bein sports at 5am Western Australian time.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Whether or not Cresswell is badly injured, this just underlines how lucky we have been for him to stay fit for so long without a proper replacement available, not just moving a centre back over, which might be alright for the odd game but not for a prolonged spell. Hendrie was never going to make it and the position has been ignored for too long. Silly really when every other position has cover although right back also needs looking at if Bilic doesn't rate Byram.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

Somehow managed to miss every one of the goals with the stream running in the background. :fsake:

Saw the challenge, however, and it was nasty. Really thought Reid was going to hit the guy. Noble started the charge but Reid just kept going.

Have to back up what others are saying, doing your ligaments is absolute bitch. I got bundled over in a tackle playing field hockey, played on the rest of the game thinking it was just a twisted ankle, never got the right treatment after, and every now and then it randomly starts to hurt again and I can't walk on it.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Hendrie is capable in my opinion but he's developing at Blackburn so Page will come in and do a job for now. He was ill today by the way which is why we never saw him.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

We'll have to be careful in the Europa games. Our opponents will have watched us today and will think we are easily provoked. We must learn to be more professional in these situations.

That being said, it was a terrible challenge on Cresswell, I seriously hope he's OK.

According to a Karlsruhe forum, in a post match interview their manager said Noble and Reid should both have been sent off and then we would have been in trouble. Muppet.

I did have to stifle a laugh with half a dozen lads trying to hold Reid back and him just storming on like the Incredible Hulk.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Losing Cresswell will matter a lot more than the result. Let's hope he's ok.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

johnnyb wrote:Whether or not Cresswell is badly injured, this just underlines how lucky we have been for him to stay fit for so long without a proper replacement available, not just moving a centre back over, which might be alright for the odd game but not for a prolonged spell. Hendrie was never going to make it and the position has been ignored for too long. Silly really when every other position has cover although right back also needs looking at if Bilic doesn't rate Byram.
As much as I agree about needing reinforcements, I wouldn't say Hendrie will never make it. I'm sure he has gone on loan although if I'm not mistaken he picked up an injury ?

I'd also guess that Bilic does rate Byram - I think he'll be slowly brought into the squad in a similar way to Antonio.

I think we are monitoring / mentoring the youngsters a lot better than years gone by. I've got a feeling we will tie down both the Reece's this year as well.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Good to hear. But official?