PSF: West Ham Utd 3-0 Karlsruher SC (23/07/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Re: West Ham United vs. Karlsruher SC match thread (23/07 4pm)

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Fletcher looks good. I'd have liked to see a bit more of Martinez though too. Saw a bit of him in America, which doesn't really count although he showed some good touches. Since then hes only really come on once the games died.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:While it shows they're looking out for each other, if they carry it into next season there'll be a load of yellows and reds.

We had a few reds at the start of last season if I recall.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Is Cresswell injured then or not?
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

Ludeksgloves wrote:Is Cresswell injured then or not?
There's been some rumours that he isn't too bad and could be back next week for the Europa game or they may rest him as a precaution. But nothing official confirmed yet though just rumours/speculation at the moment
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Bilic said in his post match interview that it didn't look good and will need to be assessed.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Loved to see the lads have each others back. Proper bit of unity we've got at the club at the moment. Proud eastender right now
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Would like to see more of Fletcher. The kid clearly knows where the goal is. Would be nice to see him get a full game at some point. Could see him bursting on to the scene like Rashford. Looks a great bit of business.
Finger

Post by Finger »

Status Kev wrote:Would like to see more of Fletcher. The kid clearly knows where the goal is. Would be nice to see him get a full game at some point. Could see him bursting on to the scene like Rashford. Looks a great bit of business.
He simply has to start in Slovenia on Thurs. if Bilic starts Valencia I'll be disgusted.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I have not been able to see the games, so basing this on highlights, but Fletcher and Carroll on then pitch up front? Are they not too similar?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Early days yet but I suspect that fletcher is going to be more of a poacher than Carroll. Time will tell.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Ive been very impressed with quina in these matches too. Didnt get many touches yesterday but seems to make the right decisions when he does get it and doesn't give away possession cheaply. Hard to believe hes 16 and doesn't look out of place at all amongst 1st team players. May well have very quickly jumped to the front of the queue of youth players aspiring to make it in the first team.

Rice on the other hand isn't ready yet. Has potential but would benefit from a season of playing amongst men on loan.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Ok some happy about the reaction of Nobes and Reidy, but under new FA instrutions to refs, both could have been sent off in the the coming season.
These reaction have to be controlled now.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Early days yet but I suspect that fletcher is going to be more of a poacher than Carroll. Time will tell.
I make you right mate, he might be similar in size and stature to big AC but he's a different type of player. More suited to making runs and being the agile big man as opposed to the bulldozer big man. I see no problem with playing them together really, would like to see him get more minutes as he's definitely made the most of the ones he has been given so far and could burst on the scene as has been mentioned.
Sir Slaven

Post by Sir Slaven »

Is there a place I can watch the full game back? Cant seem to find anywhere...thanks in advance people!
Sir Slaven

Post by Sir Slaven »

Found the game if anyone wanted a watch.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;