ELQ3: NK Domzale 2-1 West Ham Utd (28/07/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

claretblue-westham

Re: NK Domzale v West Ham Utd: EL Q3 Match Thread

Post by claretblue-westham »

Lee_WHU wrote:Excellent news for a pre-run sell out, hopefully they get it on the telly for the rest of us now.
I thought BT Sport had the rights.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hats off , a sell out for a Europa league game against a side most of us hadn't heard of a month ago .

What's that , 24th consecutive sold out home game ?

Even if it's only £15 per ticket on average it's Brady's wages paid for the year .
Spider Webb

Post by Spider Webb »

Okay so clearly that looked like our 1st professional game of the season. Retrospectively this was Domzale's 5th professional game of the season (all Europa qualifiers). In that sense, I think the lads deserve a bit of break for Thursday's performance.

So I have to eat my words a bit from last week when I said Antonio is a capable, top half EPL RB. Grant it one game does not tell the tale, but Thursday he was dire. So much more influential when he's forward and I appreciate the coaching staff shifting Nordveit to RB and Antonio forward for the 2nd half. I thought Byram played well at LB.

I LOVED Obiang and think he's going to be quite a player for us.....but I don't like Noble Kouyate and Obiang on the field at the same time. Doesn't it feel like they're all occupying the same space?

Adrian's double save is an early save of the year candidate. How he got his right foot out to save the point blank shot is beyond me.

Valencia is atrocious. I don't understand why we're trying to force him into a winger role, but he's just bad. I think the level of competition is a bit too high for him and he's a bit too lightweight. However, playing him wide is uselss, play him centrally and see what he can bring. Andy was working his ass off, but the delivery just wasn't there.

With exactly two weeks left until we play Chelsea I think we're going to line up:

Adrian
Nordveit – Reid – Oggy – Byram
Noble – Kouyate
Feghouli – Payet – Antonio
Carroll
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Looks like an early start for me as I have still not received my ticket so no doubt will have to queue at the ticket office before the game.
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

Guys I don't think Oggy or Payet will be ready for this game. Due to the Euros
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

As far as I understand, Ogbonna, Payet and Collins aren't even UEFA registered for this leg, so let's take them out of potential starting line ups.

Tore might be fit though and he looks great on Youtube :scarfer:
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

libero wrote:As far as I understand, Ogbonna, Payet and Collins aren't even UEFA registered for this leg, so let's take them out of potential starting line ups.

Tore might be fit though and he looks great on Youtube :scarfer:
Ogbonna and Collins both are.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Really? Are you sure?
I heard the opposite
EastleighHammer16

libero wrote:Really? Are you sure?
I heard the opposite
The squad list is on the previous page to this one.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

claretblue-westham wrote:Excellent news for a pre-run sell out, hopefully they get it on the telly for the rest of us now.
Lee_WHU wrote:I thought BT Sport had the rights.
The home side has the broadcasting rights for all the qualifying matches - BT only has the rights from the Group Stages onwards. However - BT Sport only have replays of old sports events on all their channels on Thursday so would probably want to show a live match - especially the first one at the OS. Now the match is sold out the club will probably provide the rights to BT.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Absolutely incredible selling out for this game. I'm away for this and the Juve games and just a tad gutted now.

Oh well, Bournemouth ain't too far off...

Now let's win 1-0
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Wembley1966 wrote: The home side has the broadcasting rights for all the qualifying matches - BT only has the rights from the Group Stages onwards. However - BT Sport only have replays of old sports events on all their channels on Thursday so would probably want to show a live match - especially the first one at the OS. Now the match is sold out the club will probably provide the rights to BT.
Wouldn't count on it to be honest. I get the feeling West Ham want the first game on tv at the ground to be he one v Juventus Sunday.

Which for me is not ideal as currently abroad so will have no way to watch as it also seems no one abroad had the rights ether which would make sense as its of no importance to anyone bar the Slovenians.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Karen Brady has just confirmed on Twitter that the game will not be shown on tv
But the Juventus game will be
EastleighHammer16

screech wrote:Karen Brady has just confirmed on Twitter that the game will not be shown on tv
Pathetic, and they claim to care about the fans? :lol: Rather not show an important Euopean game because of their precious, pointless, friendly game. Shameful.
Liam
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Liam »

screech wrote:Karen Brady has just confirmed on Twitter that the game will not be shown on tv
This is shocking for all us fans that can't get to the first game at our new stadium. Has anyone got the email address of our "fan liaison" rep?

The club can not stop making massive PR gaffs at the moment. Its like they are doing it on purpose.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Why is it the clubs fault the game isn't on TV?
Liam
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Liam »

Arch Dandy wrote:Why is it the clubs fault the game isn't on TV?
Because they should be arranging the coverage with a TV company. Virtually every game is available on TV these days, I can't believe there wasn't interest in showing it.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Liam wrote: This is shocking for all us fans that can't get to the first game at our new stadium. Has anyone got the email address of our "fan liaison" rep?

The club can not stop making massive PR gaffs at the moment. Its like they are doing it on purpose.
When people are classing things like this as "massive PR gaffs" it makes me think it's some of the fans that are the problem and not the owners.

People love looking for reasons to be outraged over absolutely f*** all on here.
EastleighHammer16

DDHammer wrote:
When people are classing things like this as "massive PR gaffs" it makes me think it's some of the fans that are the problem and not the owners.

People love looking for reasons to be outraged over absolutely **** all on here.
Absolutely nothing? We have a massive game in the Europa league that we HAVE to win and the club are refusing to let it be shown anywhere so it doesn't ruin a pointless friendly game.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I suspect sky want exclusively for first view of the stadium. And Brady his happy to oblige by turning down bt's attempts to air.

I'm gutted. On holiday and despite landing back Thursday highly unlikely I will make it. Tv would have been possible.

Poor show on a sell out West Ham. Many thousands will be disappointed with you for this decision.