ELQ3: NK Domzale 2-1 West Ham Utd (28/07/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: NK Domzale v West Ham Utd: EL Q3 Match Thread

Post by sanchoz »

DDHammer wrote:
When people are classing things like this as "massive PR gaffs" it makes me think it's some of the fans that are the problem and not the owners.

People love looking for reasons to be outraged over absolutely **** all on here.
Difference is, this isn't "*** all". Fans who cant attend the match are being denied the chance to watch an important European match for WHUFC seemingly to protect the television coverage of a friendly match.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I suspect sky want exclusively for first view of the stadium. And Brady his happy to oblige by turning down bt's attempts to air.

I'm gutted. On holiday and despite landing back Thursday highly unlikely I will make it. Tv would have been possible.

Poor show on a sell out West Ham. Many thousands will be disappointed with you for this decision.
BT have the Juve game not sky.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

sanchoz wrote:Difference is, this isn't "*** all". Fans who cant attend the match are being denied the chance to watch an important European match for WHUFC seemingly to protect the television coverage of a friendly match.
Why would West Ham not sell it? We'd get money for selling it. We've already sold all the tickets in the ground for the game so it won't effect that. We've also already sold the rights to broadcast the Juventus game and all the tickets for that as well so it won't hurt that. I can see absolutely no reason why we wouldn't have sold the game if we could have and no evidence that West Ham haven't.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Arch Dandy wrote: I can see absolutely no reason why we wouldn't have sold the game if we could have and no evidence that West Ham haven't.
Because the club has probably sold the Juve game as "the first ever" at the new ground , and as such been paid a chunk for it , and would quite likely be in breach of contract were they to do another deal for this game .
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

the pink palermo wrote:Because the club has probably sold the Juve game as "the first ever" at the new ground , and as such been paid a chunk for it , and would quite likely be in breach of contract were they to do another deal for this game .
BT Sport have got the Juventus game. Their program guide for Thursday evening shows "Europa 3rd Qualifying Round game" with no details. Can't see the problem with them showing both games. It looks like they have been waiting for a decision from West Ham.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

I've heard that it's going to be very tight to get the stadium ready for the game, with work going on until Thursday. If this is the case (and it wouldn't surprise me if it is), this could also explain why TV details haven't yet been released: The club want to wait until the last minute in order to avoid the embarrassment of having an unfinished stadium shown on live television.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

The rain won't help!

Any word on how much of the wrap they are looking to have up for Thursday and if the lettering will be installed?

I'd assume from the outside it won't look much different than it does right now on Thurs?