ELQ3: West Ham Utd 3-0 NK Domzale (05/08/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v NK Domzale: EL Q3 Match Thread

Post by chigwells finest »

Tristan Shout wrote:Absolute nightmare getting away from the ground :thdn:

i thought it was piss poor too , however i'd imagine they will sort it out over the next couple of games , 18yr olds with toys r us megaphones , perhaps isnt the best way to control 50k people
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Was it really an absolute nightmare?? Sounds all a bit dramatic. Did anyone die?
chigwells finest

Jumby wrote:One thing that left me speechless tonight, other than how impressive our new home looks, was the emptying of the stadium after Feghouli scored, anyone would think we were 3-0 down, not 3-0 up. That sort of thing can't continue, that's not the West Ham I know. I don't want us to become one of them clubs, we might not win trophies but I pride us on our substance, let's not lose it in a plastic world.
im afraid that will be the norm if the schlap back to the station will be the norm , and not overly keen on swaythes of empty corporate seats around the tunnel in the 2nd half, looks awful @ wembley and looked awful last night
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Tristan Shout wrote:I know the tie was pretty much over and people were worried about getting trains etc but on 80mins I was disgusted, so called fans were streaming out, we would rip other teams apart for that kind of behaviour
It's a fair point, however I think people were using this to test it out, and didn't want to get caught out and end up missing their last train etc. (e.g. us!)

We'll be staying on till the end as usual in the future
chigwells finest

Georgee Paris wrote:Was it really an absolute nightmare?? Sounds all a bit dramatic. Did anyone die?

nobody died , but it needs to be better planned and sorted or it will become a serious issue , as people will leave the ground early to avoid a repeat , then we'll get plenty of moaning about people doing that
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

clawhammer wrote:Home in Billericay by 10:45 having stayed.till the final whistle. The travel was a great improvement on the Boleyn. Not sure how people will take to being stopped in the pouring rain though!
Surely no worse that queuing up for an hour down Queens rd to get into Upton Park tube?
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

steveyrockstar wrote:I've just been permanently traumatised by those 18 inch sausages they were selling, clearly cast up from the very depths of hell.

They were the only available food I could find. WTF were they????? :
They used me as a mould 8-)
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

chigwells finest wrote:
not overly keen on swaythes of empty corporate seats around the tunnel in the 2nd half, looks awful @ wembley and looked awful last night
That's my biggest gripe, there is much more allocation to Corp than at the Boleyn and you can imagine it will be half empty much of the time which does look awful. Not sure what the answer is there, surely our "celeb" fans have enough mates who want to rock up with them
WeallwantMoore

Post by WeallwantMoore »

Are there any clips of the goals?

Tks
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

dt64 wrote: Last thing I'll say... I just can't get my head round little old west ham in that amazing stadium, view from block 138 in the east stand was perfect, it's never going to be the boleyn but to see and hear 54k hammers at our HOME stadium is something else.
Woohoo! I'm in 138 on Sunday, can't wait. :scarfer:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

WeallwantMoore wrote:Are there any clips of the goals?

Tks
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chigwells finest

[quote="GingerJohn"]
They used me as a mould 8-)

i heard somebody lost a thimble
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Can't see it mentioned anywhere, but how come we were allowed to wear the kit with the sponsor on last night as opposed to having blank shirts last week ? I would've thought the rules about advertising gambling would've applied to the competition as a whole, not just certain countries ?
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Coops wrote:"clawhammer"]Home in Billericay by 10:45 having stayed.till the final whistle. The travel was a great improvement on the Boleyn. Not sure how people will take to being stopped in the pouring rain though!

Surely no worse that queuing up for an hour down Queens rd to get into Upton Park tube?

It was very different, at UP if you didn't want to queue you just walked to Plaistow, Forest gate, Canning Town or jumped on a bus to somewhere, here we were all kettled in and couldn't go anywhere. :thdn:
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Had a brilliant time last night and thought the stadium was brilliant.
Will always remember that first rendition of Bubbles.

Would love a standing area though.
LouieOneChop

Post by LouieOneChop »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Can't see it mentioned anywhere, but how come we were allowed to wear the kit with the sponsor on last night as opposed to having blank shirts last week ? I would've thought the rules about advertising gambling would've applied to the competition as a whole, not just certain countries ?
I believe the gambling advertising ban is just in Slovenia (home of Domzale). Not a europa league ban
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Managed to get to the game. Pleased with view, leg room. Atmosphere was awful but would have been the same at UP for an early Europa tie. Facilities good.

Incoming journey was amazing. I reckon halved my journey time.

Coming home was a bit depressing personally. My Dad is 83 and it will be too exhausting for him. Standing up in queue, platform and train for over an hour and a half.
Gutted for the old boy.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Can't see it mentioned anywhere, but how come we were allowed to wear the kit with the sponsor on last night as opposed to having blank shirts last week ? I would've thought the rules about advertising gambling would've applied to the competition as a whole, not just certain countries ?
They said last week that Slovenian law banned betting adverts - I don't think it had anything to do with UEFA.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Managed to get to the game. Pleased with view, leg room. Atmosphere was awful but would have been the same at UP for an early Europa tie. Facilities good.

Incoming journey was amazing. I reckon halved my journey time.

Coming home was a bit depressing personally. My Dad is 83 and it will be too exhausting for him. Standing up in queue, platform and train for over an hour and a half.
Gutted for the old boy.
Apparently there is a shuttle bus that will take people like your dad to and from the station, I'm sure i read that somewhere yesterday.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Harry Hound wrote:

It was very different, at UP if you didn't want to queue you just walked to Plaistow, Forest gate, Canning Town or jumped on a bus to somewhere, here we were all kettled in and couldn't go anywhere. :thdn:
I was in block 112 turnstile A-C
I stayed until the end, clapped the teams off, walked out, down the 1st set of steps i found & just followed people. We skirted around the perimeter, at one point walking along the road next to everyone queuing up,
got a bit lost, asked a few people, walked straight into Stratford, was back at Upminster Bridge just after 10.30pm & queued nowhere