West Ham Utd 1-0 AFC Bournemouth (21/8/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: West Ham United v AFC Bournemouth: Match thread

Post by The Gibbins »

I saw Bournemouth fans after the game walking into our end and using the toilet and just generally walking around in the home end. Security was pretty non existent yesterday, maybe they were too busy checking if people were standing up :lol:
artlin

Post by artlin »

^^^^^^^^^^

Some sober, decent, positive comments there (apart from Sarney that is !).

It is only our second game, long way to go yet. Players are still getting used to each other. The new, bigger stadium must be daunting for them, even the experienced players. I am guessing that Tore and Nordveilt (sp) have never seen anything like it.

Slav made all the right changes second half. Switching the wide players, bring on Calleri and Fletcher.

I feel quite positive about the way that the squad is building.

Of course, we still need to add a striker but everyone knows that!

Let's see how we stand after 5 or 6 games.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

One guy saying Bubbles was cringy?! Has he never seen West Ham play before, ever?! :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

We have had a good start to the season considering the injuries, if we held on at Chelsea it would have been an exceptional start.

There were a few performances (mainly in Europa) i think could have been better but at the end of the day 3/6 points was the minimum we would have set ourselves when the fixture list come out. We have had a few European games, got through the first stage and got an away goal to give us the advantage in the second stage. With a limited squad we have done enough and will improve when our game-changers are back.We looked a bit tired at times yesterday which is expected with the turnaround but hopefully as players come back we can rotate when necessary and lighten the burden.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Third game up on my 203 season ticket and to feel more and more like 'home'.

Considering we were missing, carroll, Ayew, payet, lanzini, feghouli, and cresswell I thought the patched up hammers did very well. I'd have given motm to keyoute despite the goal from iron mike. Tore improved as the game went on but needed subbing at the end.

3 points was the most important thing.

Noticed the bml standing a lot. I have mixed feelings about that.

Onwards and upwards, roll on Thursday
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote:One guy saying Bubbles was cringy?! Has he never seen West Ham play before, ever?! :lol:
100 years of "cringe"....guess he doesn't understand tradition and history
Irons6

Post by Irons6 »

Bournemouth were extremely average, no attacking threat, however we looked extremely solid defensively - Reid and Collins is a far better partnership than Reid and Oggy, Byram is solid and Masuaku hardly puts a foot wrong, will be good competition for Cresswell.

As soon as Lanzini and Payet are both back and fully fit, I don't think there is a single team we should be worried about. Tore honestly in my opinion didn't show much to get exited about, wasted it in good areas, set pieces were appalling and was quite negative constantly passing it backwards - Slaven knows him though and I'm sure he will adapt to the prem.

Great to see Antonio get a bit of confidence from the goal, looking forward to some inspirational performances from him this year, and shame Calleri didn't open his account at the end there.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Irons6 wrote:Bournemouth were extremely average, no attacking threat, however we looked extremely solid defensively - Reid and Collins is a far better partnership than Reid and Oggy.
I actually think Collins has been sloppy the last 3 games, bypassing the midfield with long balls and getting turned or not closing down quick enough.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

I was actually quite impressed by Tore, he would have probably been more effective if we had a physical presence in the box like Andy Carroll getting on the end of his crosses.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Some in-house links:

The opposition view: AFC Bournemouth
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130216

Post-match press conference: Eddie Howe vs West Ham Utd
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130215

Post-match press conference: Slaven Bilic vs AFC Bournemouth
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130214
trick88

Post by trick88 »

To be fair it's mainly positive from Bournemouth, a few numb-minded fans as there is with every club but the issues any of them had aren't any different than we're discussing. Don't think our 'rival' fans will be so polite :D
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Watching on TV, the ground looked better than the performance, but from the sounds of it we have teething problems on and off and around the pitch.

From what I saw the midfield didn't appear to be in control, the GK was rarely tested (other than right at the end) and our strike force looks a bit impotent. But I'm only assessing what the TV director wanted to share.

I'll take the win mind.

As always with our beloved team, we have hope - quality first teamers to return, but why FFS are they all injured so early in the season? Something clearly is not working as it should in the preparation department.
ads78
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by ads78 »

Absolutely crucial result regardless of the performance.

Hopefully we go into the international break having qualified for next round in Europe and well clear of the bottom 3, then we go into an "easy" run of games through September and October with hopefully Payet, Lanzini and Bony/Zaza all fit and raring to go.

In terms of the actual performance, I thought both fullbacks did a decent job and both Antonio & Kouyate were positives. Biggest negatives were Valencia's performance and the fact that our midfield 3 didn't seem to get on top of the game.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

ads78 wrote:
Biggest negatives were Valencia's performance and the fact that our midfield 3 didn't seem to get on top of the game.
This is simply band wagon jumping. Valencia was by no means the worst player for West Ham on Sunday, especially given the lack of support he got, but it is clearly fashionable on here to individually single him out as per usual
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

I think this deserves to be in here...

Bianca Westwood ‏@beewestwood 46m46 minutes ago
Gutted I couldn't be @LondonStadium yesterday but buzzing for our first PL win in our new home! #HomeOfHeroes #COYI

:o
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

:shock:
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

I feel like it's getting lost in the shuffle and that's a crime :D
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Just occurred to me that our goal was the longest one-two of all time. Pardon?
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

"Bottles of water priced at £3 was outrageous coupled with £1.50 for a Mars bar. Kept my money in my pocket. Glad we had lunched well at Greggs in Westfield."

:lol:
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Funny reading their comments on our new stadium,especially up to a few years ago their ground only had 3 sides and at best is suited for Div 2.