West Brom 4-2 West Ham Utd (17/09/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney farmer

West Brom 4-2 West Ham Utd (17/09/16)

Post by cockney farmer »

Just looking forward to being amongst 3000 of the best fans around , they are in turmoil themselves Pullis under pressure will be a tense affair we will win 1 - 2
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Re: West Brom V West Ham

Post by Scratchy »

------------Randolph
Byram Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
------------Nordtveit
----------Noble Lanzini
Antonio-------------------Payet
---------------Zaza--------------
ironsjh

Re: West Brom V West Ham

Post by ironsjh »

Randolph
Arbeloa/Bryam-Collins-Ogbonna-Masuaku
Nordveit-Fernandes
Antonio-Lanzini-Payet
Zaza

Subs - Adrian, Byram/Feghouli, Reid, Noble, Kouyate, Calleri, Fletcher
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Re: The West Brom V West Ham Match Thread

Post by roblo »

Can't wait. Need a win, but personally a good day old fashioned day out to the football is just as important. Becoming increasingly disillusioned since 'the move'.

Got a spare ticket going, details in the Ticket forum, if anyone's interested.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Randolph
Arbeola, Reid, Ogbonna, Masuaku
Feghouli,Noble,Nordtveit,Payet
Antonio,Zaza
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

Terrible performance should see heads roll.

Randy for Adrian.
Ogbonna for Collins
Obiang for Kouyate
Nordviet for Noble.
Arbeola for Byram (I appreciate this is unlikely due to Arbeola's fitness)

But I expect Bilic will play the same team. He seems a bit stubborn.
Last edited by kalashnikov on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1120 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

We'll probably do what West Ham have been doing for long as I can remember, after the embarrassment of Watford yesterday, we'll win this as everyone will be predicting doom and gloom. The players will, rightly be feeling shameful and want to make a statement that last year wasn't a flash in the pan, as will Bilic. 1-2 :crest:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think it's match sharpness rather than fitness that's arbeolas problem. He's already being described as ultra fit by players.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Need to win and put yesterday's ***** behind us

West brom don't have half the attacking ability of Watford, but we have to work on the defence this week
artlin

Post by artlin »

I just hope that the lads are training every day how to defend. I just cannot understand how we can be so bad! It is beyond comprehension.

We don't have a problem going forward.

****ting a brick over this one.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

We're so good going forward we can afford to play a more conservative game and let Payet, Lanzini, Antonio and Zaza do their thing.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I think it's match sharpness rather than fitness that's arbeolas problem. He's already being described as ultra fit by players.
Sharp or not I would chuck him in, we are desperate for a leader in the back 5, Adrian doesn't look to be trusting the defence in front of him the way he lunges off his line like a mad man, the defence don't know who's supposed to be doing what or who they are picking up, nobody in midfield is picking up runners from deep, they look like Sunday league players who have never met eachother before,
lucas Neil wasn't the best defender but he was a great leader and organised everyone at the back, I'm hoping arbeloa will be the same, get a bit of respect and dish out a bit of stick to wake us up, some of our defence need a kick up the backside,
We should have been all over ashley Williams when we lost Tomkins but that's a different argument
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Bilic will go with
Adrian
Kouyate Noble
Antonio Lanzini Payet
Zaza

what i want
Randolph
Arbeloa Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
Nordtveit Obiang
Antonio Lanzini Payet
Zaza

or even
Randolph
Arbeloa Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
Feghouli Obiang Lanzini Payet
Antonio Zaza

Honestly would like to see Oxford Ogbonna but i don't know if that would work

need to drop Noble and Kouyate to show that they can be dropped and will be dropped if they perform ****

If we're going to play Lanzini and Payet we need a defensive mid as both of them don't contribute to defending. Really wish we kept Alex Song

Antonio golden boot this year? 8-)
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Shame we sent Burke out on loan as he could have done a job at rightback until Arbeloa was match fit, Byram just isn't ready for the prem and looks like a schoolboy playing against men. Guess there is no other choice until Arbeloa is fit.

Wouldn't drop Adrian after one bad game either as a bit harsh and he is the better keeper.

Ogbonna has to come in and I'd agree one of Kouyate or Noble should be benched as a wake up call, given Noble is captain it's likely to be Kouyate.

I'd go for....

------------ Adrian --------------
------------Nordtveit
----------Noble Lanzini
Antonio-------------------Payet
---------------Zaza--------------

Although fingers crossed Arbeloa might be ready
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

We need to be very careful with this match.

WBA aren't looking too clever either but at home they will have seen us looking poor too and will have us down as a must win away at their ground.

Pulis's sides have beaten us quite a few times over the last 10 years or so - I'm not expecting us to go there and turn them over easily. It just won't happen.

Also if we lose this game the media will target Bilic for the first manager to be sacked nonsense. This place will also go into melt-down.

1-1 draw and I'll be happy with that.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I think after a few of the performances certain individuals need to be dropped. If we have so called strength in depth then these players need reminding you earn your position on merit.

I would go with:

----------------------------------Randolph-------------------------------

--Arbeloa---------Collins------------------Ogbonna--------Masuaku--

---------------------------------Nordtviet---------------------------------

--------------------Noble------------------Kouyate---------------------

---Antonio---------------------Zaza--------------------------Payet--

Subs: Adrian, Byram, Reid, Obiang, Lanzini, Feghouli, Fletcher.

- Randolph for Adrian. Unlike a lot of fans on here I don't actually rate Randolph as much as others do on here. He's solid, but not good enough in my eyes to be a Premier League number one. But Adrian has become a little sloppy, and I think a drop to the bench will do him good. He doesn't judge me as the sort of the character to have his confidence knocked. If anything I actually think this will make him up his game when he is back in the team again.
- Arbeloa for Byram. I actually thought Byram played well against Chelsea when he came on, was good against Bournemouth and okay when he came on against City. So dropping him after one bad game might seem a git harsh. But he is still young and will learn in the long run big mistakes will lead you to being replaced in the team. And like Adrian I am sure when he gets his chance again he will work harder to rectify his mistakes. Sadly I can't see this change happening yet as Arbeloa is probably still another 2-3 weeks away. And will probably play against Accrington instead.
- Ogbonna for Reid. It was s tough one to decide who to drop out of Reid and Collins after yesterday's game. Collins was poor, but that's his only real bad performance this season. Reid has been poor pretty much every game so far this season and I think he needs a huge wake up call. Collins in the last to be fair does seem to react pretty well when he makes errors for goals. And another thing that swung it for me is the fact we are playing a Pulis side. They are good in the air, so we need to match them. Sadly I think Bilic will do the complete opposite and will drop Collins instead of Reid. Ever since Reid signed that new contract, aslong as he is fit he always seems to play. Does Bilic feel under pressure to pick him because of his higher wages now maybe?
- Nordtviet for Lanzini. This was the tough one as I don't actually think any of our attacking players should be dropped. Especially after yesterday as I don't think any of them did anything wrong. We are creating chances and scoring goals. Antonio, Lanzini, Payet and Zaza and Masuaku were the only ones that could leave that pitch yesterday proud of their efforts IMO. Apart from our poor defence the biggest problem in this team is Kouyate and Noble. Noble is the only real leader in the team, but dons the tin hat, is the weakness for us. Kouyate can blow hit and cold, but offers us far more as a player than Noble does IMO. All you have to do is ask yourself if the top 6-8 clubs could sign one of Noble and Kouyate, who would they go for. And I think aslong as you have your Claret and Blue specs off it is quite clear who they would chose. But like I said, if he is dropped what leaders do we have out there. And I don't think you should ever underestimate having leaders in the team. So I would give them both one more chance and would just stick either Nordtviet, or Obiang in the team to try and protect the defence and to give them both the license to play to their strengths. Nordtviet just edges it for me as I think he will be more stubborn in terms of sticking to his position. Plus him and Kouyate will add again some height to the team, which we'll need against a Pulis team. Very harsh on dropping Lanzini, who arguably doesn't deserve it. But what a player to have come off the bench if we are in the sh*t.
- Subs. Add Feghouli to the bench. He will now bit fit enough and is another quality player to bring off the bench if we are in the sh*t. I like having 2 strikers on the bench. But at the same time who else would you remove from that bench? We need a back-up goalkeeper, a fullback, a centre half, a central midfielder, an attacking/creative midfielder and a winger. So it's inbetween Calleri and Fletcher. I went for Fletcher as Calleri doesn't look like he can finish his dinner and even missed another sitter yesterday, albeit offside anyway. We won't have any height upfront with Zaza starting snd Carroll out injured, so I would go with Fletcher. If it effects Calleri's confidence he only has himself to blame. We're not the reason he is missing chances that are more easier to score than miss. We are not a charity. He either ups his game, or he can do one. 1, or 2 chances you say fair enough. But he has done it in pretty much every game he has been involved in now. Not good enough. We brought him in to score goals. That's his job and he has failed miserably so far. Play him in the cup game against Accrington and one or two of the Development squad games to hopefully try and get him to score goals and get some sort of run going.

That's game is huge for both teams and especially both managers, with Pulis also under the cosh. Whoever comes out of this game losing is well in the :thdn: we have to pick up 3 points against teams like West Brom if we want to finish where we did last season. Simple as that. And where there is no shame in losing to Chelsea and Man City. There is plenty if you lose at home to Watford. No more excuses. 3 points, or brace yourself for a poor season.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Must win. Play with a holding player else Rondon and Berahino will do what Deeney and Igahlo done to us. Not going to predict a score as I'm not that brave.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Restore hoofing for this match
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

We need more negativity in this match thread. We were far too over confident in the Watford match thread pre game. It was all our fault. When people start predicting that we'll thrash the opposition, the opposite usually happens.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Puff Daddy wrote:Restore hoofing for this match
Did you see the hoof from Watford for their second goal yesterday? From their own penalty box and landed right on the edge of ours - too far out for Adrian to come for it and Collins should have put it out for a corner!

Terrible mix up!