EFLC2: West Ham Utd 1-0 Accrington Stanley (21/09/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

WHJ
Location: BMU - Soaking up the Boleyn atmosphere before we lose it forever>

Re: West Ham Utd v Accrington Stanley: match thread

Post by WHJ »

[quote="The Sherriff"][quote="Andy.C"]No British players in the starting 11, is this a first ?[/quote]

This is pushing me dangerously close to calling it a day and giving up my season ticket. Of course I want to see us do well, but I also want to see us bring on young English players too. If we cant start a game in a third or fourth tier competition with some of our young English players who are on or near the first team squad, when will that happen. Sadly, like most other football clubs West Ham have taken the Sky's shilling and want more at the expense of English players.
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

Romford wrote:I bet those that didn't have the money for last night will be first on the phone for the Chelsea game :asleep:
I bet all the standers will be back for that one too
Gep

Post by Gep »

Romford wrote:I bet those that didn't have the money for last night will be first on the phone for the Chelsea game :asleep:
That really grates on you doesn't it haha
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Gep wrote: That really grates on you doesn't it haha
What's funny?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Gonna try and get me and the old man tickets for the chelski game. He really enjoyed the other night as did I and would be interesting to see. Don't see it making general sale tho
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

When is the chelsea game?
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Midweek isn't easy for all - I couldn't go as I had meetings and provision mapping to do, and would never have got there in time, but the Chelsea game is in half term so I'll be fine to make it.

I'll have a soft spot for Accrington for a while now, seemed like they were full of fight and a sense of class about that player clapping the goal.