Crystal Palace 0-1 West Ham Utd (15/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Re: Crystal Palace v West Ham - Match Thread

Post by James P »

Some harsh comments on Payet. I actually think he's been pretty good this season. Lanzini was on the end of a peach today but Payet has been delivering. He's just had no one to deliver to.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Jonathon Pearce is a fat ****ing idiot.

MOTD panel setting him straight.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Patito wrote:Jonathon Pearce is a fat ****ing idiot.

Complete ass clown.
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Isn't he a palace fan?
Patito

Post by Patito »

It wouldn't surprise me. I tend to disagree with him whatever game he's spouting rubbish about.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Well chuffed. We put a shift in. It was almost ruined by a ludicrous sending off but we hung on. Clean sheet to boot. Cresswell showed just how much we've missed him. Fantastic. Zaza worked tirelessly and played a big part. Hope it comes good for him.
I'd almost forgotten what it's like to win. Makes my weekend. :crest:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1850 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2707 likes

Post by sendô »

Much, much better.

Leaving aside the good link up play, hard work and excellent goal, we looked solid at the back. Everyone knew their role and performed as expected.

Onwards and upwards.

:crest:
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Relief and well done. We are going to have to fight that hard every game to beat teams in the bottom half. It is a real dogfight down there. Cresswell made a huge difference to the shape and flow of the team and we should be getting players back as time goes by. I am looking forward to seeing Carroll and Zaza pairing up. Carrol creates chaos wherever he goes and that should give Zaza more space. Really welcome three points after a very poor start against teams we were beating last season. COYI
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Good 3 points hope that prick of a Lino is happy, you had your 5 mins of fame.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

It's all pretty much been covered by now, but thought Zaza had his best game and for those saying he didn't look like scoring, I actually think he came close twice off of two corners, one was a flick on and the other he headed into the ground.

As much as I like him, can we just note how much better our defence looked without Collins in there? As well as having Creswell back in action, and why has it taken so long to see that Obiang is the glue that can hold everything together in the midfield? Thought Obiang was top notch, but Reid was MOTM for me.

COYI.

:scarfer:
Gep

Post by Gep »

Smaller pitch. Better West Ham.
Finishing Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Finishing Hammer »

Great result.

Creswell - Penalty in my eyes. 2nd yellow he has to be smarter. He's already in the ref's book and Zaha is a diver. Don't go putting your hand up in his face, you're just inviting trouble.

Cabaye - now my least favourite player in an opponent's team. Waves his fingers at the refereee as if to say no foul, subsequently influencing the yellow on Cresswell. Then pushes Cresswell after he gets his yellow. Twatness of the highest order!
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Post by chalks »

He's a friend of mine.

Lovely lovely man, very fond of West Ham and was very close to Bobby Moore. Speaks about him with real heart

Lots of media are up there own arse, but Jonathan is honestly one of the nice guys

Does piss me off when people slag off those they don't know just for the sake of it
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

Gep wrote:Smaller pitch. Better West Ham.
There is that... I just hope the change in set-up has been just as important.
BMLGirl
Has liked: 183 likes
Total likes: 67 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

James P wrote:Some harsh comments on Payet. I actually think he's been pretty good this season. Lanzini was on the end of a peach today but Payet has been delivering. He's just had no one to deliver to.
This :thup:

On another note, Antonio looked to be limping heavily when he came off - was surprised he lasted the whole 2nd half tbh as he obviously had a bit of a problem from the start. Hope we don't lose him for Saturday too.
Patito

Post by Patito »

chalks wrote:
Does piss me off when people slag off those they don't know just for the sake of it

I'm not slagging him off for the sake of it. He was talking absolute rubbish on MOTD last night.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Much much better, Reid was a brick wall last night, super impressed with him, find Ogbonna can be shaky, system worked well but obviously won't be used in every game. Adrian had a good game too.

Cresswell suffered a huge injustice at both ends within minutes of each other, awful from the ref.

Said it before and I'll say it again, it's imperative we keep Lanzini, Dimi may go but Lanzini is a real little gem, and is still young.

Obiang was quality and I'd say nobles place is the most at threat right now, said it in the DM thread but think a 3 of Obiang, Kouyate and Lanzini gives us the right mix of discipline, athleticism, vision and creativity going forward.

Dimi had a bit of a quiet one but even when he does you still feel he can do something magic, some of his set piece deliveries yesterday were exquisite, right on the money nearly every time.

Thought Antonio was quite poor, lots of running mainly up blind alleys and deliveries weren't there, Zaza the same, lots of running very little quality..

Clean sheet which was important, need to work on getting the 2nd goal, could of cost us yesterday and we are never ever safe at a 1 goal lead, I felt we expended a lot of energy in the first hour yesterday which is a great tactic but you have to capitalise on your chances, get 2/3, then play keep ball when energy levels are low.

Very happy for Super Slav, have kept the faith and continue to believe he is the man to lead us forward, only thing slightly negative from yesterday was the timing of the subs, it was clear to see some were flagging.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

RyanWHUFC wrote:......only thing slightly negative from yesterday was the timing of the subs, it was clear to see some were flagging.
I'd agree and it's definitely only a slight negative. Some of them looked dead on their feet out there. I suppose that's down to the tempo of the first half. As for the timing I guess due to the quality of the replacements Slav wanted to get everything out of the starters.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Away support yesterday was immense! Shame we can't find another 58,000 like it every other week at home games. I salute you all!

Old style ground, smaller pitch, decent atmosphere! I was at the game today but in the Palace director seating as a guest of one of our suppliers and I can't emphasis how much I enjoyed the game and found myself just wanting to run across the pitch dive into the away end (side) and join in!

Bilic nailed it today with the formation

Zaza worked his bollox off

Lanzini was a class apart

Cresswell was fantastic (that ref was a joke)

Great 3 points! Just the medicine we needed!

Last point ....Wilf Zaha is the biggest cheat in football! Not only does he dive, moan, bitch & sulk all game he actually offers NOTHING to his team and manager! An overrated showpony who Palace carried all day today!