Crystal Palace 0-1 West Ham Utd (15/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: Crystal Palace v West Ham - Match Thread

Post by Hayden »

We rightfully praise Payet massively but he really shines when he can link up with Cresswell down that left. I can't praise Cresswell enough - no surprise that when he's back we get a win. We need players like him.

Just a shame Atkinson took him away from us again
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
I hope you managed to find some cover in that chair of yours last night , it didn't look very nice at all - I was in one for around two months but couldn't get the hang of it at all...

It would have been so much easier to watch the game at home
You realise the innate decency of people and maligned football supporters in general being in a wheelchair. Everyone has been fantastic - a Palace fan pushing me, crowds parting like the Red Sea, high fives, a real bond with other disabled fans and, most importantly, first to the bar!

Made the rain seem like piffle.

Easier? Maybe but so much less fun :thup:
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

3000 Hammers stood and sang for 90 minutes.Fantastic support from real West Ham fans.
.....and no popcorn in site :wink:
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

HHCD wrote:3000 Hammers stood and sang for 90 minutes.Fantastic support from real West Ham fans.
.....and no popcorn in site :wink:
Shame, I like popcorn.
Irons_Irons

Post by Irons_Irons »

Have to say the chest back from Ried to Adrian was absolute class. Composure and communication under the highest pressure. Ried was outstanding but that really shone out for me.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Irons_Irons wrote:Have to say the chest back from Ried to Adrian was absolute class. Composure and communication under the highest pressure. Ried was outstanding but that really shone out for me.

Reid was magnificent - the whole team were outstanding , one of those games .
Antonio was still full of running right up till the end , harrassing the Palace defence into making mistakes .
They all need to show the same intent for the rest of the season - we've gone from Relegation Displays to Top 6 Displays , we all knew they had it in them , it was a case of fitting all the good players into the right formation .
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

When was the last time we beat a PL side away from home in threee consecutive seasons?

Have we ever done it !?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Doc H Ball wrote:
You realise the innate decency of people and maligned football supporters in general being in a wheelchair. Everyone has been fantastic - a Palace fan pushing me, crowds parting like the Red Sea, high fives, a real bond with other disabled fans and, most importantly, first to the bar!
Jennie had taken me to the Halloween Display on Ness Islands in Inverness - it's a group of islands joined up by bridges in the middle of the River Ness which flows through the city , the perfect place for a Halloween performance , all the Schools from the Highlands take part , each one putting on a different performance .
Our son , Daniel was part of it for a number of years - then as it was closing down Jennie left me alone by these trees so that she could go and check that Dan was ok - ' I'll only be 5 minutes ' she said .
I must have looked a lonely , dejected figure all there on my own unable to move and to be fair several people came up to me offering me help - she was gone at least three quarters of an hour , it doesn't half get cold in a wheelchair on the 31st October when you get left for that length of time with not even a tartan blanket for company . :)
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Mother of all hangovers today, well worth it though.

Great day out, found an absolute stunner of an Italian restaurant in Clapham, set us up nicely for the day. Spent before and after in the junction, quite a few west ham in there and easy getting a drink.

Best performance of the season bar none. Palace are good side, difference yesterday was the application. Worked bloody hard and got the rewards.

Obiang is key, allows other to flourish and gives us much needed safety. A great insurance player.

Not one player had an off day, was such a welcome sight to see Cresswell back. Thought he would be targeted on our account of him returning from a lengthy lay off but he literally had the 2 or 3 Palace players in his pocket until the absurd sending off. Atkinson couldnt wait to brandish the cards yesterday, behaved like an absolute helmet.

Great tactics by Slav, I'd like to see us deploy that formation a lot more. We've 2 tailor made wing backs and Kouyate fits in the defensive beautifully.

Played some good football, looked confident and zipped the ball around well at times. Biggest thing was the work rate - first class.

All in all, a welcome 3 points and a smashing day out :crest:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The Sherriff wrote:Mother of all hangovers today, well worth it though.

Great day out, found an absolute stunner of an Italian restaurant in Clapham, set us up nicely for the day. Spent before and after in the junction, quite a few west ham in there and easy getting a drink.

Best performance of the season bar none. Palace are good side, difference yesterday was the application. Worked bloody hard and got the rewards.

Obiang is key, allows other to flourish and gives us much needed safety. A great insurance player.

Not one player had an off day, was such a welcome sight to see Cresswell back. Thought he would be targeted on our account of him returning from a lengthy lay off but he literally had the 2 or 3 Palace players in his pocket until the absurd sending off. Atkinson couldnt wait to brandish the cards yesterday, behaved like an absolute helmet.

Great tactics by Slav, I'd like to see us deploy that formation a lot more. We've 2 tailor made wing backs and Kouyate fits in the defensive beautifully.

Played some good football, looked confident and zipped the ball around well at times. Biggest thing was the work rate - first class.

All in all, a welcome 3 points and a smashing day out :crest:
Sounds like a good day, boss - where was this Italian?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Sherriff wrote:.

difference yesterday was the application. Worked bloody hard and got the rewards.
This .

There really is no substitute for it ,you have to earn the right to allow your flair players to play .

All in all, as far as 1-0's go it was a cracking game of football .

Nice for James Tomkins to get such a warm reception as well from our lot .
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Loved all their hardcore fans, a stadium half the size of ours and yet empty seats are seen everywhere.
The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff »

DasNutNock wrote:
Sounds like a good day, boss - where was this Italian?
Donna Margherita ... its up towards Lavender Hill. Found it vai trip advisor. Highly recommended.

Didn't look open from the outside, walked through the door and it was rammo. They were showing Napoli vs Roma.

Gezzer opened up a little section just for us.

Well worth a visit.
The Sherriff

Post by The Sherriff »

the pink palermo wrote: This .

There really is no substitute for it ,you have to earn the right to allow your flair players to play .

All in all, as far as 1-0's go it was a cracking game of football .

Nice for James Tomkins to get such a warm reception as well from our lot .
It really was, he doesn't look right in that kit. His reception was marvellous as was Slavs (As you rightly pointed out).

Nice touches
Gep

Post by Gep »

Having sat in the Palace end directly in front of our away supporters made me feel dirty. Not only that I was on the 2nd row from the front, and had no cover from the roof which you could imagine, soaked ain't the word. Had a great view of the supposed " Cresswell simulation" and it was clear as day that it was a pen.
bongo
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by bongo »

Great day out despite the sh-t view (much better at the Athletics Bowl :) )

A good old fashioned dig in performance was pleased to see the team and in particular Zaza putting in a shift.

Hopefully onward's and upwards. COYI
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Has anybody got links to the full match please? Wouldn't mind watching the whole thing again...

(apologies if already been done but I couldn't see it anywhere)
Irons6

Post by Irons6 »

Apart from Selhurst Park being a **** hole and them selling out of beer at half time.... Was a great day and amazing atmosphere. Reid dominant, having Cresswell back was a blessing, Payet and Lanzini impressive. Hopefully that gives us the confidence for the revival. :crest:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I must be odd. I like shitholes.

If I had my way I'd build a ground with 4 cattle sheds, a trough at the back and a hole through which cans of Tennants were served. Oh and wheelchair spaces...

I reckon it would be banged out every week.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Stepney wrote:Has anybody got links to the full match please? Wouldn't mind watching the whole thing again...

(apologies if already been done but I couldn't see it anywhere)

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016 ... ull-match/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;