EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Postby Gunz412 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:43 am

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:We remain an easy target for the media who clearly have an agenda here.

Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/
Gunz412

Postby Gabers on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am

Bottom line ... There can be no defence for what happened in the stadium on Wednesday night from a minority of West Ham & Chelsea fans. You are a disgrace.
Gabers

Postby ryanrc on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:56 am

bubbles1966 wrote:http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016 ... l-match-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks a lot pal :thup:
ryanrc

Postby delbert on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:59 am

Times have massively changed since the 80's, what happened inside the ground was just a bit of titting about.
When I left I was going down Carpenters Road with West Ham on one side and Chelsea on the other as we went under the bridge, a bit of chanting and that was it. Given there was zero plod about and after what had happened inside I wouldn't have been too surprised if it had kicked off, but I didn't see anything......
delbert

Postby Wembley1966 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:04 am

The first 3 addresses of those arrested - Battersea, Mitcham, Letchworth !!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3876948/Seven-arrested-violence-erupts-London-Stadium.html
Wembley1966

Postby ironstu on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:09 am

The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he....
ironstu

Postby Coops on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:18 am

ironstu wrote:The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he....

Cocaine is always a bad choice.
Coops

Postby hammerdivone on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:41 am

Gabers wrote:Bottom line ... There can be no defence for what happened in the stadium on Wednesday night from a minority of West Ham & Chelsea fans. You are a disgrace.

Totally agree
hammerdivone

Postby Moxy on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:44 am

This is all so over the top, I've been to a load of other games where the atmosphere was much more intimidating and it hasn't got this type of reaction. The media was desperate for a story and they've blown up a load of handbags and shouting into WW3. As for the idiot with the coins I really hope someone bumps into him and gives him a dig, that's an absolute helmet there.
Moxy

Postby FrostyLemon on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:46 am

One of the things that annoys me is that the club wants an atmosphere in the stadium, but generally that atmosphere is created by fans who want to wind up the away supporters. The problem is that theres a fine line between an intimidating atmosphere which I like at West Ham and a hostile one which results in scarfers getting hurt. The olympic stadium is a step in the right direction for us as a club, but it's a much more sanitised experience and I'm all for making the place intimidating. No need to throw anything though.
FrostyLemon

Postby Rio on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:48 am

ironstu wrote:The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he....

Why would a bring a load of kids with him?
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby si_preston_hammer on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:58 am

Rio wrote:"The bloke from Letchworth nicked for assault, assault on a police officer and possession of class A! He's not had a good night has he..."

Why would a bring a load of kids with him?

:lol: Spat my tea out! Hilarious!*

*I'm easily amused though!
si_preston_hammer

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:00 am

the pink palermo wrote:
Maybe then it wasn't such a great deal for us after all .

A few of us pointed out at the time there would be grief for anything up to a decade because of it .

Yeah, it's high time major businesses started taking the actions of a handful of dickheads and whingers into account before following the advice of highly trained business analysts.

Forget the hundreds of millions of pounds. Some halfwitted men are going to say some naughty words and point aggressively. We should pull out of the deal.
LeonRivers

Postby ironstu on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:03 am

Rio wrote:Why would a bring a load of kids with him?

Class B had already been snapped up by the Chelsea coin tea leaf!
ironstu

Postby Coops on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:36 am

The amount of coverage the press are giving the handbags you would think an American had been killed.
Coops

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:41 am

Gabers :thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Rockhampton Hammer on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm

TootingRob wrote:Joking aside, if I was next to the rent boys and they started throwing bottles full of piss. I'd not be too happy myself. Worse than being gobbed at and that's saying something. How's that not been reported anywhere.

Perhaps the chap with the alleged class A drugs was submitting his sample for analysis?
Rockhampton Hammer

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Short extract from the club's official site

Rapid progress has been made in the investigation with extensive CCTV footage being shared with West Ham United, London Stadium partners and the Metropolitan Police.

Banning notifications will be issued for offences ranging from the use of abusive and offensive language to missile throwing. In line with our zero tolerance policy, all those involved will receive a seasonal or lifetime ban depending on the severity of the offence. Footage is also being shared with Chelsea Football Club so they can take action in line with their own policies.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... xrWtdQ9.99
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Gnome on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Gunz412 wrote:Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bloke's a grade A hypocrite of the worst possible order. Bent over backwards last may to excuse Liverpool's fans from everything they did in the Europa League and it's a bit rich of him to bring up the Russians for "chilling violence" when he spent all summer on twitter blaming England fans for the trouble.

Precisely the sort of agenda-driven writing that's turned this into such a farce.
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament

Postby the pink palermo on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 pm

LeonRivers wrote:Yeah, it's high time major businesses started taking the actions of a handful of dickheads and whingers into account before following the advice of highly trained business analysts.
Well it would appear they listened to the wrong people doesn't it ?

Highly trained business analysts ? Don't make me laugh :the whole thing is being shown up to be amateur hour .

It's encouraging to hear you think so highly of fellow supporters though ......
LeonRivers wrote:Forget the hundreds of millions of pounds. Some halfwitted men are going to say some naughty words and point aggressively. We should pull out of the deal.
As Brady is discovering to her cost screwing other parties into the ground, leaving no good will on the table isn't always the best deal .

Sometimes it's better to give a little .......you'll get more in the long run .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Match Threads