EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Postby QuintonNimoy on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:19 pm

With all the illuminating newspaper coverage you'd have thought it might have been made clear somewhere which party is actually responsible for managing the situation and having the proper procedures in place. I must have read about half a million words on the subject so far I'm still in the dark.
QuintonNimoy

Postby HammerMan2004 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:40 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -0-chelsea

The noise of the crowd when we score, or come close to scoring is fantastic.
HammerMan2004

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Gunz412 wrote:Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

You can recommend it, just don't be upset at the response...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Colours never run on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:08 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10633551/west-ham-2-0-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The noise of the crowd when we score, or come close to scoring is fantastic.

For all the Stadiums faults which we know about like distance from the pitch (which ain't as bad as Wembley ever was, although not ideal), what it lacks, it makes up in sound when double our usual capacity at the Boleyn is amplified and the roof does keep the sound in and makes it deafening at full belt. When we cheer, sing loud and proud the place comes alive in those moments. More of it please, because I don't think the opposition players like it too much and sensed they were overwhelmed and dare I say it, intimidated by a wal of sound hitting them.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby i8defoe on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Gnome wrote:Bloke's a grade A hypocrite of the worst possible order. Bent over backwards last may to excuse Liverpool's fans from everything they did in the Europa League and it's a bit rich of him to bring up the Russians for "chilling violence" when he spent all summer on twitter blaming England fans for the trouble.

Precisely the sort of agenda-driven writing that's turned this into such a farce.

Absolutely spot on. It's a terrible article, this bit in particular is just blatant lies to push his agenda further and give his opinion more weight.

"Hundreds of people trapped the bus on the road into Upton Park as United’s players took cover inside"

He's basically implying it was a premeditated ambush with military style planning?! What a Lawro.
i8defoe

Postby OFT on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Gunz412 wrote:
Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Balanced?
Where is this balanced? It reads to me like a sensationalist anti West Ham diatribe.

This type of ';journalism' seems reserved for us and us alone and expect more to come as every team realise they can do whatever they like at our stadium with impunity.
OFT

Postby hammerleroy on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:02 pm

You guys read the bloody Telegraph? Wow must give it a try! :lol:
hammerleroy

Postby SxHammer on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Showering coins, bombarding coaches and ripping up seats. A most accurate article. Oh and that's forgetting of course that celebrating a goal now consists of throwing coins at away supporters rather than jumping around and cheering.
SxHammer

Postby Brizzle Hammer on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Who was motm?
Brizzle Hammer

Postby Colours never run on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Noble, pipping Fernandes for me who didn't play the full game. I think officially the lad got it.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Pentonville on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:59 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" [/quote]

This article is just lazy stereotyped journalism, but what do you expect from the Torygraph. Sure there's a back-handed comment about the Board's attempts to take WHU into the shiny world of corporate entertainment, but the essential analysis is that WHU supporters are all lumpenproletariat / yobs. He finishes by saying ' this is no time for compassionate sociology' !!! If by 'sociology' he means journalist's providing a proper analysis of why the 'migration' to the OS hasn't gone in the direction that the Board intended, then he undermines himself.
Pentonville

Previous

Return to KUMB Match Threads