EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

QuintonNimoy

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by QuintonNimoy »

With all the illuminating newspaper coverage you'd have thought it might have been made clear somewhere which party is actually responsible for managing the situation and having the proper procedures in place. I must have read about half a million words on the subject so far I'm still in the dark.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -0-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The noise of the crowd when we score, or come close to scoring is fantastic.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Gunz412 wrote:Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.
You can recommend it, just don't be upset at the response...
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -0-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The noise of the crowd when we score, or come close to scoring is fantastic.

For all the Stadiums faults which we know about like distance from the pitch (which ain't as bad as Wembley ever was, although not ideal), what it lacks, it makes up in sound when double our usual capacity at the Boleyn is amplified and the roof does keep the sound in and makes it deafening at full belt. When we cheer, sing loud and proud the place comes alive in those moments. More of it please, because I don't think the opposition players like it too much and sensed they were overwhelmed and dare I say it, intimidated by a wal of sound hitting them.
i8defoe
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by i8defoe »

Gnome wrote:Bloke's a grade A hypocrite of the worst possible order. Bent over backwards last may to excuse Liverpool's fans from everything they did in the Europa League and it's a bit rich of him to bring up the Russians for "chilling violence" when he spent all summer on twitter blaming England fans for the trouble.

Precisely the sort of agenda-driven writing that's turned this into such a farce.
Absolutely spot on. It's a terrible article, this bit in particular is just blatant lies to push his agenda further and give his opinion more weight.

"Hundreds of people trapped the bus on the road into Upton Park as United’s players took cover inside"

He's basically implying it was a premeditated ambush with military style planning?! What a Lawro.
OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

Gunz412 wrote:
Can I recommend this balanced viewpoint expressed by Paul Hayward. He has a sly dig at 'Brand West Ham' which most of us believe is part of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Balanced?
Where is this balanced? It reads to me like a sensationalist anti West Ham diatribe.

This type of ';journalism' seems reserved for us and us alone and expect more to come as every team realise they can do whatever they like at our stadium with impunity.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

You guys read the bloody Telegraph? Wow must give it a try! :lol:
SxHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by SxHammer »

Showering coins, bombarding coaches and ripping up seats. A most accurate article. Oh and that's forgetting of course that celebrating a goal now consists of throwing coins at away supporters rather than jumping around and cheering.
Brizzle Hammer

Post by Brizzle Hammer »

Who was motm?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Noble, pipping Fernandes for me who didn't play the full game. I think officially the lad got it.
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" [/quote]

This article is just lazy stereotyped journalism, but what do you expect from the Torygraph. Sure there's a back-handed comment about the Board's attempts to take WHU into the shiny world of corporate entertainment, but the essential analysis is that WHU supporters are all lumpenproletariat / yobs. He finishes by saying ' this is no time for compassionate sociology' !!! If by 'sociology' he means journalist's providing a proper analysis of why the 'migration' to the OS hasn't gone in the direction that the Board intended, then he undermines himself.