EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ironstu

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by ironstu »

I don't think it will make any difference whatsoever! How many people drink more than a pint at those pop up things anyway?!
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

It is going to absolutely kick off after the game.

Holding home fans was not the answer. Aggro when Sunderland and Boro visited.

Letting 5000 Chelsea out towards Pudding Mill Lane whilst holding home fans either side of them is going to cause a riot. Not to mention the loop road as the home fans who use the bridge to the North of the stadium to loop back down bump into the Chelsea fans who have been let out earlier.

Clusterfuck.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

wizzo_66 wrote:It is going to absolutely kick off after the game.

Letting 5000 Chelsea out towards Pudding Mill Lane whilst holding home fans either side of them is going to cause a riot. Not to mention the loop road as the home fans who use the bridge to the North of the stadium to loop back down bump into the Chelsea fans who have been let out earlier.

Clusterfuck.
Yep. The fact that they've made such a big deal about it in the news today will only encourage those that want to cause grief anyway, they like being in the limelight. Told my missus to think twice about coming. Should make for a good atmosphere in the ground though.
roblo
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by roblo »

wizzo_66 wrote:Holding home fans either side of them is going to cause a riot.
They're not holding home fans back, they're putting in temporary walls (I think) so that it's inaccessible, and having told us two days in advance, people will make other arrangements for getting away.

I know they're not being held inside the ground, but I think the police will keep hold of them down in that area between the athletics track and the carpark.

Worse case scenario (from a safety perspective) is a late winner, and no system in place beyond the Loop road.
wizzo_66

Post by wizzo_66 »

roblo wrote:
They're not holding home fans back, they're putting in temporary walls (I think) so that it's inaccessible, and having told us two days in advance, people will make other arrangements for getting away.
I'm not convinced this is the case.

It reads as a description of what happened at the last two home games. Looks as if it was a trial for Chelsea.

It will not work.
roblo
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by roblo »

There was a post a couple of pages back that suggested otherwise.
wizzo_66

Post by wizzo_66 »

roblo wrote:There was a post a couple of pages back that suggested otherwise.
Cheers - hadn't spotted this.

We wait and see I guess. I'm not convinced a physical barrier helps anyway. It will anger people just as much as a line of stewards. Stuff will get thrown over and clashes will happen on the loop road as people walk around.

This is the equivalent of holding home fans. That route is an obvious one for home fans using PML and transport links in that direction.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Post by Rio »

The wall outside is all well and good, but what about the segregation inside the stadium?
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

They'll put those temporary barriers up like they've got at the bottom of the street where all the bars are at Westfield.

I'm more concerned about how I'm gonna get back to the station though. Leaving my normal turnstile block I have to turn left and onto the main bridge. I need to go via The Orbit and Carpenters Road way, anyone know which turnstiles I need to exit via to go this way?
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

i have told my chelsea mates to wear their flag proof pants tomorrow
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I wont be at the game tomorrow, having booked tickets for Mrs CRS' b'day present to see Chicago at Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury ages ago. Gutted as I reckon the atmosphere will be the best yet and I have a good feeling we can nick this 2-1. However, I fully expect this to go off before, during and after the game. Hope I'm wrong but have a feeling it might get nasty tomorrow night.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

steps wrote:They'll put those temporary barriers up like they've got at the bottom of the street where all the bars are at Westfield.

I'm more concerned about how I'm gonna get back to the station though. Leaving my normal turnstile block I have to turn left and onto the main bridge. I need to go via The Orbit and Carpenters Road way, anyone know which turnstiles I need to exit via to go this way?
F should get you out that side ok. Possibly E.
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

Someone said the Orbit bridge maybe used to filter Chelsea fans back to Pudding Mill Lane after the game so out of use to home fans post-match.

Have no idea if it's true though, I'm not the best with logistics either.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Going to be interesting before the game in the main Stratford concourse with Chelsea coming from West London on the Jubilee Line. I come that way from work and for all of the midweek games so far it has been chaos and that's been primarily home fans only with Accrington, Astra and Domzale. Some serious policing issues!
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

wizzo_66 wrote:It is going to absolutely kick off after the game.

Clusterfuck.
amongst the 5000 they have coming will be a large number who will be rubbing their hands at having a pop at west ham...lack of cameras, police etc is perfect...so anyone thinking this will just be about west ham causing trouble will be very wrong...

the worst of it will happen away from the ground too...
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Suppsedly John Terry might be back for this game. You just know that c*** will score.
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Are we able to go into Westfield and use the restaurants in the precinct before the game?

I've not come in that way before and want to avoid parking over the Roman Road due to the segregation afterwards.

cheers.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Just read Conte's press conference. He's asked for a bigger technical area at Stamford Bridge as he likes to walk around more. He'll be having a right jolly at ours tomorrow, he could get lost in the OS technical area! John Terry fit to start. Fabregas is out as is Ivanovic.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 1604 likes

Post by chalks »

so if this potentially goes to extra time and penalties, we could find that 40 odd thousand home supporters are kept behind in the stadium for an extra 30 minutes or so, taking us potentially until gone 11pm?

That would mean absolute travel chaos trying to get home, because you then have the added issue of crawling to the station

Jees, going to watch our lot is supposed to be a pleasure
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

chalks wrote:so if this potentially goes to extra time and penalties, we could find that 40 odd thousand home supporters are kept behind in the stadium for an extra 30 minutes or so, taking us potentially until gone 11pm?

That would mean absolute travel chaos trying to get home, because you then have the added issue of crawling to the station

Jees, going to watch our lot is supposed to be a pleasure
who told you that ?!?!?! :lol: