EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 734 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by Beavis Danzig »

funny thing is, our club has been tearing itself apart from the inside out since the move.

last night and today's fallout has done more to bring us back together than anything else since the man u match.

jinxed was right when this fixture was first announced. it's exactly what we needed as a club. the fact that it turns brady's stomach and puts a blot on her brand cleansing exercise is part and parcel of that.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Careful Chas , I eat muesli
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2109 likes
Total likes: 1335 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Even though it's been over exaggerated the trouble last night could have a silver lining.
The discussion on talksport tonight is holding the club accountable. Karen Brady. Not the fans.
Yes people are saying dock points and play behind closed doors which is a knee jerk reaction however it puts pressure on the owners to take responsibility.
Like someone said 'they have a duty of care'
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

steps wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... n-violence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lots of KUMB posters quoted here.
Wow, I have been quoted in the Daily Star. twice. Including the autocorrect changing "mods" to "bods" :lol:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Perfect paper for you then CD.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

cockney farmer wrote:Careful Chas , I eat muesli
There is always one :lol:
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

How does a 3 foot tall girl surrounded by adults get hit by so many coins but not one in the head? Let's see the CCTV showing her getting pelted if it's true. No doubt Ting Tongs husband is after his minutes of fame followed by a VIP trip to Stamford Bridge and a meeting with Brady to discuss the oppression of women in today's society.
Feel sorry for the poor family living with Mr Dudwey
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

And a damning comment from a Wembley security official saying our board said at a meeting we don't have fan problems anymore so didn't need the police radio. If I heard that wrongly I'm happy to be corrected.
Last edited by bonzosbeard on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

bonzosbeard wrote:And a damping comment from a Wembley security official saying our board said at a meeting we don't have fan problems anymore so didn't need the police radio. If I heard that wrongly I'm happy to be corrected.
The young lady who looks after Slav and the team at home games works at Wembley....but knowing her well i doubt it would be her getting involved.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

An easy quiz now...what is the worst :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One was hardly heard about...the other is the main news story today on SSN.
bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard »

It was a fella Romford. didn't catch his name. It's the 7pm talksport show and a mix of utter rot and some interesting comments. Don Hutchison on now who went as a fan.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Am still re-watching the match again. Just noticed on my replay at around 87:30 you can see the lone Chelsea fan break through the stewards climbing onto the covered section. What a p***k.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Romford wrote:An easy quiz now...what is the worst :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One was hardly heard about...the other is the main news story today on SSN.
I have had a good look, and in the Rugby League clip nobody at any point throws a scarf. I would therefore say last night.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Beavis Danzig wrote:funny thing is, our club has been tearing itself apart from the inside out since the move.

last night and today's fallout has done more to bring us back together than anything else since the man u match.

jinxed was right when this fixture was first announced. it's exactly what we needed as a club. the fact that it turns brady's stomach and puts a blot on her brand cleansing exercise is part and parcel of that.

100%

I also thought of Major briefly at the game thinking he would have loved all of it from start to finish both on and off the pitch. West Ham hasn't completely died, more in intensive care with the chance of surviving.
pharaoh
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

If this girl got hit by 7 coins where are the marks? If he is so keen to show the world surely the cuts/ bruises even if minor would be visible and I'm sure the media would love to photoshop them to vivid clarity. In the picture they don't look too distressed either.

I don't condone any of the actions but even the girl doesn't know who threw them, anyone who's been to a ground knows they can get hit by idiots from their own supporters.
ballantine
Has liked: 1260 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

Francoisvander or else wrote:How does a 3 foot tall girl surrounded by adults get hit by so many coins but not one in the head?
He brings her for protection. Soon as the first scarf missile flies, he lifts her above his head like a shield.

Seriously, though: If i had brought my seven year old daughter to an away match, and she'd been hit by a Very Dangerous Coin, i'd consider getting her out of the line of fire. At least move over to the other side of the section. Or ask a steward to be moved to a whole other section. Or at least go buy some popcorn. Ok, maybe after the first one, there's a bit of confusion. Then the second one flies in. Ok, if you're a bit thick, you're still confused as for what to do. Then your daughter takes a hit from Very Dangerous Coin number three. And four. And five! And six! And here's seven! And then, finally, you take action. By running to the press to tell the world of your sufferings.

Father of the year, that one.
Last edited by ballantine on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

First of all what a night, we were a bit more crowded than usual in the bml ! this certainly seemed to help with standing and creating a great atmosphere, teams energy was incredible, you know its a good team performance when you struggle to name a man of the match, just a joy to watch.

Romford and pinky pretty much sum up the crowd problems, it really would kick off at lots of games every weekend if they didn't get the segregation/policing/stewarding right

Just a thought but why not get an expert on this in and sort it once and for all, someone with a background in shall we say crowd problems, not looking for names or anything like that, but if you want to make your house burglar proof the best person to show you what needs sorting is surely a burglar?

This is just going to get worse its like an advert as others have said

But back to the real news, what a cracking night I am still buzzing, stuff the press and their coverage, we saw with our own eyes just how good Our team can be, i don't have to read it, 3 games on the bounce, I know it cant last forever but i still cant wait to go everton
SXreject

Post by SXreject »

'Those who can remember the 80's and talk about the 80's weren't there'

f*** me if They think that was like the 80's they had sheltered lives. :lol:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Just watching the game again, still no idea how the ref didn't give a penalty on Payet around 15 mins?

Also the commentators keeps going on about how good the atmosphere is/was
pharaoh
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

SXreject wrote:'Those who can remember the 80's and talk about the 80's weren't there'

**** me if They think that was like the 80's they had sheltered lives. :lol:
True, if that had been the 80's it would have hardly got a mention. I wonder how many who speak of this reminiscence actually went to a ground at that time?