EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by pharaoh »

hammerdivone wrote:Just watching the game again, still no idea how the ref didn't give a penalty on Payet around 15 mins?
Because it was Chelsea. Pawson also reffed the Man City home game last season where we got nothing then either. Man City were awarded what i thought was a hash penalty as well.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

pharaoh wrote:If this girl got hit by 7 coins where are the marks? If he is so keen to show the world surely the cuts/ bruises even if minor would be visible and I'm sure the media would love to photoshop them to vivid clarity. In the picture they don't look too distressed either.

I don't condone any of the actions but even the girl doesn't know who threw them, anyone who's been to a ground knows they can get hit by idiots from their own supporters.

Like I mentioned earlier, I smell a rat. Excuse the pun but it's a stitch up by the Chelsea supporting (big clue there) old man who's parading his daughter in front of the UK press in a desperate attempt to get one over us, when all he is doing is embarrassing himself doing what he's doing. He's picked the coins up off the floor and out it in her head they were all aimed at her. I just don't buy it for a minute. She'd have bee in hospital if caught with 1 coin, let alone enough to buy a big bag of popcorn.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Yea Why Not wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's what it's all about!
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Romford wrote:
Its all rather odd...I say it and get a mouthfull of vitriol from the muslim munchers.
Racist :thdn:
OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

Colours never run wrote:
Like I mentioned earlier, I smell a rat. Excuse the pun but it's a stitch up by the Chelsea supporting (big clue there) old man who's parading his daughter in front of the UK press in a desperate attempt to get one over us, when all he is doing is embarrassing himself doing what he's doing. He's picked the coins up off the floor and out it in her head they were all aimed at her. I just don't buy it for a minute. She'd have bee in hospital if caught with 1 coin, let alone enough to buy a big bag of popcorn.
Exactly what thought when I saw it this morning 'I intend to take this further' he said, with not an element of sincerity in his voice.
Fit up job for sure.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Also what is all this bollox about a 'weakened' or less than full strength Chelsea team?

They started with;

Terry
Cahill
Luiz
Oscar
Kante
Azpilicueta
Willian
Batshuayi

All first team regulars, then brought on Costa, Hazard and Pedro!!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Don't worry, Man Utd tried that on as well when we absolutely dicked them 4-0 in the snow, yet our team was even worse than there's in the night!

Sour grapes is all it is and shows a real lack of class.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

pharaoh wrote: True, if that had been the 80's it would have hardly got a mention.
If that had been the 80's, we'd probably still be kicking lumps out of them as I type this...
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

I too smell a rat regarding the man and his daughter who allegedly got hit with coins and I've said that all day.

He's got a familiar face, like an actor or something.

Has he disclosed his name? I read one piece that said the girl was "thought to be his daughter", and then there's the photo of them standing right at the front of stand with the coins in their hands.

All looks very suss to me.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

hammerdivone wrote:Also what is all this bollox about a 'weakened' or less than full strength Chelsea team?

They started with;

Terry
Cahill
Luiz
Oscar
Kante
Azpilicueta
Willian
Batshuayi

All first team regulars, then brought on Costa, Hazard and Pedro!!
A very strong team and more than capable (in theory) of beating us; £28 million for Batshuayi alone, £32 mill for Kante. Funny David James was the first I remember mentioning this on EFL Show, he had a smug grin at the time because he was asked if this was our best performance of the season. He said no because it was a weak Chelsea team. So obviously must not be up to the likes of Sunderland and Palace then?

BTW as well having a squad of internationals they have 38 players currently out on loan; Patrick Bamford has been permanently on loan for 5 years.
OFT

Post by OFT »

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments earlier in the thread regarding our owners putting their hands up for the trouble.

Cap wringing at it's very worse,. Look at the evidence then go on the offensive.Just stop taking the blame particularly, when it's not ours to take., It's pathetic and a little bit creepy :x
Colours never run

I didn't know that. Was he personally showing the coins openly to the Papps at the front? That would be the last thing on my mind whilst fending for my life if my kid was pelted with missiles. I'd have moved right away or seeked assistance from police stewards to get his kids to immediate safety.

He's just a bullshitting weirdo by the looks of it. Feel sorry for his kids. She even corrected him in one report I saw this morning. :lol:
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

Colours never run wrote:I didn't know that. Was he personally showing the coins openly to the Papps at the front? That would be the last thing on my mind whilst fending for my life if my kid was pelted with missiles. I'd have moved right away or seeked assistance from police stewards to get his kids to immediate safety.

He's just a bullshitting weirdo by the looks of it. Feel sorry for his kids. She even corrected him in one report I saw this morning. :lol:
https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-publ ... coins2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OFT

Post by OFT »

steps wrote:
https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-publ ... coins2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They say there's no such thing as the male menopause but that bloke is clearly going through the change.
:P
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Colours never run wrote:I didn't know that. Was he personally showing the coins openly to the Papps at the front? That would be the last thing on my mind whilst fending for my life if my kid was pelted with missiles. I'd have moved right away or seeked assistance from police stewards to get his kids to immediate safety.

Was probably bunged a few quid by a freelance reporter to flex the truth with an injection of exaggeration. Had his five minutes of fame, no doubt he'll be doing a double-page spread in one of the Saturday papers with the account of events having gone up another couple of notches, before doing the rounds of 5Live etc interviews.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Anybody know of any full match or extended highlights?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Hang on. So the trouble started at around 87 minutes didn't it? The game is still going on in that picture by the looks of it at least, and yet this poor little munchkin daughter that apparently got hit by 7 coins has no sign of tears or distress.

Now she's either hard as ****ing nails, or Steps is right - something is a bit suss here. I suggest we carry out a scientific test and lob another coin at her (she's already had 7 and took it in her stride, so I doubt another one would hurt) and check for a reaction. My money is on her being tough as nails. Oh, and on her head of course.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 113 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

I was really disappointed there was no interview with Tim Breaker.

Don Hutchison is on TV and commentary quite often ,but don;t recall any interviews with Tim , so was looking forward to that , Jimmy walker I have heard on occasion so not that bothered that the skipped him.

We had plentry of time before the KO as well so that is not an excuse.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 4251 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

ryanrc wrote:Anybody know of any full match or extended highlights?
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016 ... l-match-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colours never run

-DL- wrote:no sign of tears or distress.

That's another good point. She'd be a ****ing wreck if hit once.

I'll laugh my tits off if he's caught on cctv picking up some random coins nowhere near where they were and handed them to her.