EFLC3: West Ham Utd 2-1 Chelsea (26/10/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Chelsea: match thread

Post by steps »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... n-violence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lots of KUMB posters quoted here.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

sjb958 wrote: Here is Mr BJ Harrington. Doesn't look like he would be the type of person who would be able to manage a police force controlling a large football match to me.
Seriously? So what would such a person look like?
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

This coin-throwing malarkey is clearly being driven by the West Ham board.

It serves as the perfect excuse to put all food drinks up to five / ten pounds so that no change has to be issued.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

ironstu wrote:That Chelsea OV is slightly underwhelming actually! Thought they'd be wetting their knickers a bit more. Shame we've got to wait until March until they come again, should be interesting.
Surprisingly little on their main forums about the game.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

the pink palermo wrote:Chelsea sold their full allocation of tickets for this match, we didn't sell ours .

The club needs an honest assessment of why that might be .
....and we always did at UP... how many assessments did you call for then?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Not sure where else to post this, so feel free to move it if there's somewhere more relevant mods, but has anyone seen the Manure goal from last night? nice little nudge from Zlatan to win the ball (another day, another team, another ref??) and then when the ball comes in the 21 literally shoves the City lad to the ground to stop him getting to the ball! Let's hope it's not (another) sign of things to come!
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by Big George »

Spoke to a friend who's son was on duty with the Met last night. He said it got so bad because the top brass dithered too long over whether to send police to the relevant area, by the time they did it was already going off.

Not sure our friend Mr Harrington is up to the job
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

If I read or hear one more 'it was like a throwback to the 70's (or 80's)' swear my laptop and/or radio are going to get launched...many of those on BBC and talkSPORT banging out there usual predictable reactions yet you secretly sense these are people who have a weird fascination deep down for watching it 'kick off' and trying to understand the personalities of those who engage in it. Headbanger
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Jabsco79 wrote:If I read or hear one more 'it was like a throwback to the 70's (or 80's)' swear my laptop and/or radio are going to get launched...many of those on BBC and talkSPORT banging out there usual predictable reactions yet you secretly sense these are people who have a weird fascination deep down for watching it 'kick off' and trying to understand the personalities of those who engage in it. Headbanger
So far, they've resisted calling it "Carnage"!
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Hayden wrote:This coin-throwing malarkey is clearly being driven by the West Ham board.

It serves as the perfect excuse to put all food drinks up to five / ten pounds so that no change has to be issued.
God alone knows why people throw money at each other , a few big washers would be just as effective I imagine .
My Scottish heritage kicking in there.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Rebirth wrote:....and we always did at UP... how many assessments did you call for then?
Quite a few actually .

As you were .
ironmat

Post by ironmat »

the Guardian have upgraded it to "running battles"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... on-stadium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whilst the Telegraph have gone with making us play behind closed doors.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... sts-at-lo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but it is written by Paul Hayward, so no surprise. They have really gone to town on the coverage and have invoked - "returning to the dark days of the 70s and 80s" as well.

I don't care. That was 5 minutes of nonsense, the game was fantastic, really enjoyed it for the first time. It was nice to join in with Super Slav. I think he appreciated it.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Great performance and great atmosphere.

Dogshit stewarding in the BML. They sent out replacement season ticket cards the other week and my brothers didn't work yet the other three did. They wouldn't apply common sense and let him through, telling him he would have to go the club shop to sort it and miss more than half the match. In the commotion at the gate telling them about themselves we missed the first goal and ultimately my brother only got in by creeping through a gate that happened to be left ajar about 15 yards further down.

Disgraceful from a club which claims to be family friendly. Shambles and it's things like this which are driving me away from the club.

Thankfully I hung in there and had the fans and players remind me why it's still worth loving West Ham.
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by Big George »

5 Live doing an hour on it now.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Dogshit stewarding in the BML. They sent out replacement season ticket cards the other week and my brothers didn't work yet the other three did. They wouldn't apply common sense and let him through, telling him he would have to go the club shop to sort it and miss more than half the match. In the commotion at the gate telling them about themselves we missed the first goal and ultimately my brother only got in by creeping through a gate that happened to be left ajar about 15 yards further down.

Disgraceful from a club which claims to be family friendly. Shambles and it's things like this which are driving me away from the club.
Mine was one of hundreds of cards that didn't work too. Huge queue at ticket office and missed first goal too. Stewards useless. Wouldn't let me in despite having print out of purchase confirmation.
I sent tweet to Gold but of course he won't reply.
I will email club and ask for compensation.
I hope everyone similarly affected will do the same.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Big George wrote:5 Live doing an hour on it now.
Oh for the love of god no...listening to that's got to be worse than being waterboarded...

In a moment of weakness and sheer self loathing, I turned talkSPORT on when leaving work just as Adrian Durham (yeah...I know) was starting his phone in. It was akin to one of those moments as a kid when your mum tells you not to do something because you will hurt yourself and yet you still do it anyway. Luckily I was home after two callers...
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

See internet bride man is now on the main ITV news.

All the **** going on in the world, and last night is the main story :lol:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Jabsco79 wrote:If I read or hear one more 'it was like a throwback to the 70's (or 80's)' swear my laptop and/or radio are going to get launched...many of those on BBC and talkSPORT banging out there usual predictable reactions yet you secretly sense these are people who have a weird fascination deep down for watching it 'kick off' and trying to understand the personalities of those who engage in it.

Welcome to West Ham Hooliganism in the modern age where we even resort to chucking mobile electrical equipment at rival fans now. I blame it on far too many with disposable incomes now.

Lastly, of course they all get off on the 'aftermath'. They look on salivating almost hoping someone gets close to death so they can milk it for all its worth. Instead you've got one sore head and a kid told to pick up coins off the floor saying close to £17.57p were all aimed at one little person.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

-DL- wrote:See internet bride man is now on the main ITV news.

All the **** going on in the world, and last night is the main story :lol:

It is exactly that DL. Laughable.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

-DL- wrote:See internet bride man is now on the main ITV news.

All the **** going on in the world, and last night is the main story
Its all rather odd...I say it and get a mouthfull of vitriol from the musli munchers.

Chalks and you bring it up and get nothing...

I'm SO misunderstood :wink: