Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (30/10/16)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Colours never run on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Doc

For me the first goal 3 players were at fault for me. First Adrian should have made more sure of pushing the ball away, it wasn't the hardest of shots. Then the slow reactions of both Cresswell and Reid initially which allowed the more alert Bolasie to ghost in round the back and after Reid reacted to slow to the first part, he probably would have been better off just awaiting the cross at that point and not leave his man Lukaku unmarked in the box for an easy tap in when he was covered by Reid. Adrian would have had his near post covered so didn't need Reid charging in too late to make a challenge he was never going to get too at that point. Ogbonna at fault initially not making sure to show Lukaku only on his right foot and standing too far off him making a cross on his favoured left foot easy and then Reid and Kouyate ball watching not taking much note of who else was in the box with Barkley clearly unmarked and unchallenged. Tired minds and bodies in the end cost us.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:40 pm

Aceface wrote:He had an ok game other than the duffed clearance in the build-up to the first goal. Don't think he did too much wrong in the Bolasie incident, given he was the only player in the box that reacted at all and did get a block in - we were just unlucky it ****ed up into the path of you-know-who.


Ta. That's how I saw it too.

I still think Reid's abberations are more down to the fact that he's covering for others.
User avatar
Doc H Ball
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: in nick

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:44 pm

CNR - did Bolasie get his cross in or did it bounce off him following Reid's challenge? As I say, I haven't seen a replay but looked unlucky to me.
User avatar
Doc H Ball
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: in nick

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby stu1 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:46 pm

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:I didn't say Reid had a blinder - that was another poster who felt Reid was our MVP so far. I quoted his post as I agreed with the second point and I quoted your post as although he has had a decent season, he had a part to blame in both goals.

By virtue of saying Reid was partly to blame of course it means there were others - Cresswell especially for the first goal was very static.


CRS I think we are pretty much in full agreement. My comment about Reid having a blinder, was in reference to the poster I originally responded to, not yourself.

I also agree Creswell was too static for the first goal, although I'd argue Adrien was mostly at fault through parrying the ball in to a dangerous area.

Similarly for the second Ogbonna needs to apply a lot more pressure to Lukaku and Kouyate needs to be more aware and pick up Barkley.
User avatar
stu1
 
Posts: 5728
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 pm
Location: On top of ket hill, with my boots on

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Colours never run on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:46 pm

Definitely got his cross in on time. Great play.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby ludo22 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:49 pm

I didn't think we were too bad yesterday.Obiang's chance goes in and it's a different game.Compare that to the dross we were playing a month ago and it's night and day.It was a huge effort on Wednesday and we looked to be paying for it at times.However,the striker situation is very worrying and Antonio is categorically not the answer.As for Zaza,the less said the better.I would be very surprised if he ever scores for us.Also,anyone on here that thinks yesterday is relegation level,they're talking b*llocks.
User avatar
ludo22
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: on a dark desert highway,cool wind in my hair

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby frankiemac on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 pm

ludo22 wrote:I didn't think we were too bad yesterday.Obiang's chance goes in and it's a different game.Compare that to the dross we were playing a month ago and it's night and day.It was a huge effort on Wednesday and we looked to be paying for it at times.However,the striker situation is very worrying and Antonio is categorically not the answer.As for Zaza,the less said the better.I would be very surprised if he ever scores for us.Also,anyone on here that thinks yesterday is relegation level,they're talking b*llocks.


agreed

yesterdays performance was 100x better than some of the ***** weve dished up this season

id have said on possession and chances, had we been 3-1 up at the break, it would have been fairly just...

whoever scored first was going to gain the momentum and go on and win...we hadn't switched on after the break and paid the price...we still had some great chances in the second half...Antonio and noble both forcing decent saves

we wont go down with this team, no need for all the knee jerking, but with 6 losses already, we will struggle to get anywhere near where we did last season

mid table and a cup will do for me!
User avatar
frankiemac
 
Posts: 7146
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:04 am
Location: up norf

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Aceface wrote:He had an ok game other than the duffed clearance in the build-up to the first goal. Don't think he did too much wrong in the Bolasie incident, given he was the only player in the box that reacted at all and did get a block in - we were just unlucky it ****ed up into the path of you-know-who.


Exactly this. It was Reid's poor clearance that led to the original shot, although Lanzini didn't help. After that it was Cresswell not reacting to the parry (in fact he did react but decided to shephard the ball) and everyone else letting Lukaku be completely unmarked in the six yard box
Crouchend_Hammer
 
Posts: 7130
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Forest Gate

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Chicken Run Supreme on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:23 pm

stu1 wrote:CRS I think we are pretty much in full agreement. My comment about Reid having a blinder, was in reference to the poster I originally responded to, not yourself.

I also agree Creswell was too static for the first goal, although I'd argue Adrien was mostly at fault through parrying the ball in to a dangerous area.

Similarly for the second Ogbonna needs to apply a lot more pressure to Lukaku and Kouyate needs to be more aware and pick up Barkley.


Fair play stu, it would appear we are in agreement after all!


frankiemac wrote:mid table and a cup will do for me!


Yes please.
User avatar
Chicken Run Supreme
 
Posts: 8328
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 am
Location: England's Garden

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Knighter10WHU on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:28 pm

I honestly can't believe how poor the Everton fans were yesterday, they genuinely didn't sign once until they went in front and there were no sections of permanent standers either. I expected better.

The M6 was a disaster on the way home, queued everywhere including at the toll's and for food in the services with many other hammers wanting to get some food and to get away from the torturous motorway!
User avatar
Knighter10WHU
 
Posts: 2167
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Berkshire.

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Hockley Hammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:49 pm

Like so many games over the years, we had nothing to show for our better spells in the game and before you know it we gifted the opposition goals that could have been avoided.

We created some really good openings, but most of them didn't even end with a shot on target.

They had a striker with presence in and around the box which we just don't have, and it is making the difference in games.

It is truly unbelievable that 10 games in we have not had a goal scored by a forward yet. We are now desperate for someone who could get into double figures let alone the dreaded 20 goals a striker we crave for.
User avatar
Hockley Hammer
 
Posts: 3354
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Keeping calm and carrying on.

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby steveyrockstar on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:25 pm

Massive improvement compared to where we were at the start of the season. Badly lacking firepower though. Payet was disappointing.

Not much else to say.
User avatar
steveyrockstar
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Leigh-On-Sea

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:40 pm

stu1 wrote:Reid was partially at fault for both of the goals yesterday. For the first goal he needed to react slightly quicker to Adrien's parry.

Look back at the replay, it was Cresswell's man, not Reid's.
User avatar
LincolnshireHammer
 
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: North London

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby jacko on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Can I also add how bad our corners are. We try to be too cute with them half the time and it backfires so often.

I find it incredible how quickly we turn an attacking set piece into a defensive liability.
User avatar
jacko
 
Posts: 7984
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:52 am

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Colours never run on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 pm

The problem was going into no mans land in that instance. He either needed to react quicker if he's going to commit to it, or just hold his position covering the vital space left for an easy tap in from Lukaku. Personally I reckon he should have stayed and was a poor decision in the end. Both in the end at fault, as was Adrian.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Colours never run on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:45 pm

jacko wrote:Can I also add how bad our corners are. We try to be too cute with them half the time and it backfires so often.

I find it incredible how quickly we turn an attacking set piece into a defensive liability.


I'm also getting very bored at the persistent attempt to keep trying that floaty edge of the box routine trying to be flash all the time only for it to backfire spectacularly be it Payet floating it to Noble or Fernandes on Saturday. Just get the ****er whipped in there like he's usually so good at doing and stop dicking around immediately putting us on the back foot with a counter attack.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:46 pm

frankiemac wrote:we wont go down with this team, no need for all the knee jerking, but with 6 losses already, we will struggle to get anywhere near where we did last season

Agreed. Thankfully there are 3 teams worse than us!
User avatar
LincolnshireHammer
 
Posts: 5682
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: North London

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 pm

The opposition view: Everton
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=130453
User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
 
Posts: 47897
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 am

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby jacko on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Colours never run wrote:
I'm also getting very bored at the persistent attempt to keep trying that floaty edge of the box routine trying to be flash all the time only for it to backfire spectacularly be it Payet floating it to Noble or Fernandes on Saturday. Just get the ****er whipped in there like he's usually so good at doing and stop dicking around immediately putting us on the back foot with a counter attack.


God I hate that corner. It's normally payet to noble and it never works.

(Probably will lash the next one in.)
User avatar
jacko
 
Posts: 7984
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:52 am

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Colours never run on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:25 pm

I think it came off once the very first time they tried it against Villa and got saved well. Then after that a bit of a disaster. Time to use it very sparingly now firing away decent opportunities to score and then the counter.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 6647
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Match Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests