West Ham Utd 1-1 Stoke City (05/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Stoke: match thread

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Stoke City
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130479
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

acrimony wrote:I wish someone would tell me the name of a prem keeper who isn't a great shot stopper
artur Boric ;-)

I get your point tho.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Up the Junction wrote:The opposition view: Stoke City
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130479
Quite surprised at this OV. If there's one thing I think the club have done quite well on is stadium branding, it doesn't feel like home but it is very West Ham and claret/blue oriantated.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Het-Field wrote: Yes I am "for real". You have segwayed into discussing issues around the Stadium, which I have not raise. I was clear and specific about the fact that I was talking about the performance against Stoke today. I have not once claimed that Bilic and the team are at issue for the issues in relation t the migration. That would be silly. But Bilic does pick the team, and the players are the ones who are charged with showing ingenuity, guile, craft, and slickness to beat a team like Stoke who are minus their worldy's. Today, the formation was wrong, the Goalkeeper gaffed, the star players failed to shine, and our Captain slowed the game down, and ran down blind avenues. That has NOTHING to do with the owners. And issues like kettling after the game, the ballot, and the security are making no difference to a game like today. That is just illogical, and nonsensical, and utilising a confirmation bias to avoid blaming Bilic, or Noble, or suggesting that the likes of Payet are off the boil. There are major issues with the migration, but to blame the migration fand the owners for today's poor performance, and result is myopic in the extreme. Did Brady suggest to Adrian to play the man and not the ball after coming off the line? Did Brady, Gold and Sullivan demand that Zaza be brought to the club? Do they demand that Bilic play the strange 3-4-3 formation which has reached the end of the line? Do they demand that Noble choose to play conservatively?

Last season was unique in terms of the PL. It gave opportunities to Clubs that won't be on offer this year. Different times. But what is similar is that we did go for two months without winning last November.
100% Agree
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Het-Field wrote: Did Brady, Gold and Sullivan demand that Zaza be brought to the club?
Well they are the self appointed guvners of a cocked up transfer policy, so I would say quite rightly that the buck stops with them. Zaza was a desperation signing (yet another one) after our gobby vice-chairman continually cocked up better deals, squabling over a pound note here and there..