West Ham Utd 1-1 Stoke City (05/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Stoke: match thread

Post by brooking1966 »

hammers92 wrote:If Payet gets dropped then the rest can have their families kidnapped. The guy had one bad game, he's allowed to from time to time
Really you think he's had 1 bad game? :thdn: Anyway, whoever puts the shirt on there's no excuse for lack of effort. Moreover, the fact neither Bilic or Noble never pulled him up for it during the game is disgusting imo. Bilic can humiliate Antonio, who gives 100% effort every minute, but neither sub or tell off the 'main' man.

Set an equal example ffs otherwise our future will be garbage. £135 000 per week & wearing Claret n Blue means no excuse for lack of effort, also it sets a bad example for the rest of the squad. After watching Sunday, I'm wondering if he's been tapped up by PSG or the like & is playing accordingly in order to get the move.

Lastly, no top team carries players in the PL, so if we have high ambition neither should we. Also give the song a rest or at least sing a song for others more deserving now & again like Iron Mike.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

We should definitely drop our best, and pretty much only hope at scoring/creating a goal, player. 100%.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Aceface wrote:We got a bit of a touch in Ogbonna being available for this. That probably should have been a red for bringing down a player as the last man.
Rules changed didn't they? Give away a pen as the last man and it's just a yellow now isn't it? (unless Oggy already had a yellow? i can't remember)
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:We got a bit of a touch in Ogbonna being available for this. That probably should have been a red for bringing down a player as the last man.
Rules changed didn't they? Give away a pen as the last man and it's just a yellow now isn't it? (unless Oggy already had a yellow? i can't remember)[/quote]

No. The rule has changed so that the referee doesn't automatically have to give a penalty and red card. he can still choose to if he wants - it is at his discretion
brooking1966

Post by brooking1966 »

In our current position keeping it tight with solid blood guts & sweat should be paramount like this time last year when Payet was injured. We're currently not good enough atm to carry Payet for 90 mins. So bring him on fresh when the other team is tired & try nicking games by the odd goal otherwise we're always liable to lose a goal early due to playing with 10 defensively. He's quality but disappears too often, as good as he is on the ball we can't afford to give away goals due to the space he's creating in midfield for the opponents FB's to exploit. Playing 3 at the back means our wing backs need the freedom to attack, but cress is always gonna be pressed back by their RB due to the free space Payet affords them.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

brooking1966 wrote:Really you think he's had 1 bad game? :thdn:
I saw a stat the other day that Payet has created around 30 chances this season and is above Coutinho and De Bruyne so yes one bad game. If you're gonna pick on Payet then we might as well just give up for the rest of the year quite frankly. And as for special treatment? He's been nominated for the Ballon D'or so in my eyes, a free pass is allowed for the occasional bad game.

What isn't acceptable is the chances being created by him this season and not one of our strikers being able to score a single goal after 10 league games.
brooking1966

Post by brooking1966 »

hammers92 wrote: I saw a stat the other day that Payet has created around 30 chances this season and is above Coutinho and De Bruyne so yes one bad game. If you're gonna pick on Payet then we might as well just give up for the rest of the year quite frankly. And as for special treatment? He's been nominated for the Ballon D'or so in my eyes, a free pass is allowed for the occasional bad game.

What isn't acceptable is the chances being created by him this season and not one of our strikers being able to score a single goal after 10 league games.
Pick on him/ Get rid? Never, just think in our current position he would be better coming off the bench after keeping it tight for say 60mins. Starting him usually means us losing a goal due to leaky team formation, I don't see us easily scoring 2 or more.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Bony is going to score
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Their match thread on Oatcake is titled Aleppo v Stoke City :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Stoke have easily sold out their allocation apparently....

Can anybody remember that ever happening before ?

The draw of visiting a new stadium seems much higher than visiting one for the final time.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Same with Bournemouth and Boro. I don't remember Sunderland regularly taking 3k at UP either.

The OS is a real attraction for supporters of all clubs. Partly because it's also a sight seeing opportunity.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

arlhe wrote:Same with Bournemouth and Boro. I don't remember Sunderland regularly taking 3k at UP either.

The OS is a real attraction for supporters of all clubs. Partly because it's also a sight seeing opportunity.

All of that and £30 to be fair .
JAL76

Post by JAL76 »

Been thinking the same - about 2K or maybe a little more. Showing my age but I remember back in the day their outfit used to come calling with monkey wrenches ! :lol:

Will be a hard fought physical game but critical in view of upcoming fixtures.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

JAL76 wrote:Been thinking the same - about 2K or maybe a little more. Showing my age but I remember back in the day their outfit used to come calling with monkey wrenches ! :lol:

Will be a hard fought physical game but critical in view of upcoming fixtures.
The only thing 40 about their naughty lot now is their waistline
happy.hooker

Post by happy.hooker »

So Bony has found his striking boots then.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

On the pitch, this has the potential to kick off...one incident, bad refereeing decision.....boom. The pressure on both sets of players and the managers - this game has got battle all over it. I am not sure whether all of ours have the bottle for it tbh...we need to see guts and passion for the cause in this game, but above all discipline. I would play the 11 that started against Everton...we started that game very well and Stoke don't have as much quality going back towards goal. We can undo these early, get 2 up and play them on the break.

If there was a must ŵin, this is it....3-0.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Except Reid can't play , Collins would be up for a battle , it's the discipline bit he might find hard though
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Shaquiri limping. May be coming off..
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

wizzo_66 wrote:Shaquiri limping. May be coming off..

Off injured luvvely
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Bony will 100% score against us on Saturday now.