Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 West Ham Utd (19/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by 61dicksey »

Looks as if the usual suspects are restored at the top of the league albeit in a slightly different order.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Still fuming
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Romford wrote:I felt that we were more likely to score a third than them an equaliser...
Pretty much what I thought, the filth were over pressing and taking chances at the back...

If ****ing Zaza had his wits about him and had put Payet away without taking half an hour about it it's likely we would have scored a third. Why, why, why, Zaza and not Fletcher...

It was still on when Payet was taken off for ****ing Nordtveit, the filth were leaving acres at the back and Payet was just the man to exploit that...

Instead of that we take away that threat and Nordtveit dives in like an amateur...

Appalling, diabolical, shocking, dreadful substitutions, as if Zaza and Nordtveit haven't been substandard all season and it's thought a good idea to bring both of them on ? On what ****ing planet ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Go have another titwank.

As for me, I'm over it. Because whenever I think how bad this feels, I then remind myself it can't be half as bad as losing the chance to go top and likely win the League had they beaten us at the last time at the Boleyn. The old girl did us proud. That makes me ****ing smile and occasionally laugh when I really think about it long enough. Because believe me, that ****ing them, just as did Liverpool. It was there one big hence and they blew it. :raver:

What happened Saturday isn't anything new for us really and it's just a case of dusting ourselves down and getting on with it, starting with back to back trips to Old Trafford..
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Jumby wrote:Still fuming
The odd conversation I have had with Spurs acquaintances has made me realise that they were more bothered about it than I was.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

I grew up in Edmonton, school in Tottenham, that's made me despise the ****ers.

I really don't like losing to them at the best of times but in circumstances where we had it won if we only played our cards in the right order sticks in my craw.

I'll get over it but not for a while yet.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

If I'm not wrong, then whenver Nordtveit has been on the pitch in Premier League (& Astra Home), we have fallen behind, except once against Crystal Palace, where they were terrible and he came on in 88th minute. Coming on in 87 minutes v Spurs and us falling behind from winning position is pretty surreal.

We cannot blame Slav but all the latest loanees & most of signings are just not good enough for the PL. If we want to apportion blame, well, Sully got them in (mostly).
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Did anyone else think Payet could have gone across the keeper with a shot with his left foot instead of doing the step over to come inside on his right when Zaza played him in two days too late?
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

They're not really the team that the press make them out to be are they (Spurs I mean). Lloris has kept them in this game. Had we held out on Saturday, their season could have effectively been over by end of November. Provided Chelsea beat them this weekend, they'd of been 10 behind them and out the CL. We've given them a wee bit hope but in all honesty I think they're an average top 7 team at best.

They do however have a lot more to look forward to than us. That annoys me.
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

The True Geordie knows:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from 3.27
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Welsh Iron wrote:The True Geordie knows:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from 3.27
Ha ha ha - quality ! Never seen him before. He is bang on about Nortveidt and his bit about Zaza is very funny.

As I write this - Spurs are out !
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

Spurs couldn't hit a barn door in their match today. Yet they couldn't miss against us because each goal were virtual tap ins. So many things we did wrong at just the right time to make us lose that game. It's crazy.
BorderTownHammer

Post by BorderTownHammer »

I still cant wrap my head around Nordveldt being put on instead of Collins and moving Kouyate up to CDM. Zaza and Nord should never play for us again.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Welsh Iron wrote:The True Geordie knows:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from 3.27

That's what I call Punditry! :lol:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Worth a bump.

A week on and I feel good.

We wore these feckers out :thup:
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Always thought it's tough for a London team to win a big trophy. I mean look at Spurs. Despised by Chelsea , Arsenal & us. Fully despised. When they came to us last year for their last Boleyn visit there was absolutely no chance they were going to leave with 3 points. It was like the entire night air was filled with hate for them. Given that they would have gone top and I think won the league on the back of a win, how hard is it for London teams. The final nail is driven in at Chelsea who also are just not allowed to let the chickens win the league either.
Their moment was last year. This game hurts us but as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's f*** all compared to what they must have felt last year. They should have won the league.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Porkeyes wrote:When they came to us last year for their last Boleyn visit there was absolutely no chance they were going to leave with 3 points. It was like the entire night air was filled with hate for them.
No different for Man Utd last season, or seasons gone by either. I get your point re London derby matches but let's not pretend that hostility is reserved or cranked up just for Spurs.