Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 West Ham Utd (19/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Adam 'The Smudge'

Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Colours never run wrote:We definitely didn't get battered. What actually happened was we controlled the game expertly, allowed them to Dick around with the ball at Home whilst doing little with it, led twice before gifting them 3 soft as **** goals due to individual errors not because there was issues with the team in general. Making all the subs is what also contributed to losing a result, let alone a win. We embarrassed Spurs for 88 minutes at their gaff, yet only took 8 minutes to play just as embarrassing to throw it all away. They definitely didn't earn a result.
Individual errors have cost us all season.
Spurs lacked creativity and fell into us time after time.
We had further opportunies but fluffed our panto lines.
Removing Payet was essentially correct but effectively wrong with the player coming on.
Liamj

Post by Liamj »

[quote="cocoon

Totally agree there, you can bet anything that our youngsters defending themselves will be the only if any gets pulled up****.[/quote]

This is exactly what did and has happened!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

They really are lucky bastards, aren't they?

Granted Ogbonna shouldn't have faffed around for the first, but handball by Janssen? The second falls so fortunately for Kane from poor keeping from Randolph, with Oggy positioned to clear. Stupid tackle by Havard for the third.

All down the right side, mind.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

I'm still fumIng about yesterdays game. Very disappointed.......

Ref missed the handball for their first goal.

Randolph deserved his chance, but as a second choice keeper, he really needed to take it. He didn't......

Nordveit did not get a game at Arsenal, and I have seen nothing that would make me think he is even a premier league player. He confirmed this yesterday.....

To give it away so close to the final whistle is bad enough, but it's made worse considering we were playing *****.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I saw from the first half stats that about two thirds of their attacks were down the right hand side. It's not difficult to spot where we are weak.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Randolph isn't a top goalkeeper. He has looked good because he has never been under the same scrutiny as Adrian. Now he's in the firing line it's a different story.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

costa75 wrote:
Ref missed the handball for their first goal.

This has been bugging me, because I hate to come across as one of those Spurs ****ers who cry HANDBALL PENALTY OFFSIDE at every opportunity, but without seeing a conclusive replay, my initial impression of that play, was that it was handled with both arms to stop the ball dead before firing in and Harry Monk scoring his goal hanging goal. Would like to see a close up of the incident because it looked like he couldn't have controlled the ball fired in to him without handling it where it landed.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

jacko wrote:Randolph isn't a top goalkeeper. He has looked good because he has never been under the same scrutiny as Adrian. Now he's in the firing line it's a different story.
Absolutely.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Just to echo some of the other posts, have never been goaded at an away game as much as I was yesterday.

Small pockets of trouble all over the place and loads of fans looking for it. On the trains, by the stations, all along the high street... it was all over the place.

Spurs clearly feel they have a point to prove when we visit them and the police didn't have a hold of it at all. Quite a few innocent fans were caught up in things they have no interest in as a result and I don't think Spurs did themselves any favours considering they still have to come to us this season.

As for the game, for me it's simply a case of our squad not being strong enough. Throwing Zaza and Nordtveit on really harmed us. Our recruitment over the summer was appalling and it will continue to cost us unless it's put right in the Jan window.

Great to see Sakho back, going to transform us as a side. Hope to never see either of the above mentioned players in a west ham shirt again though.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

bubbles1966 wrote:They really are lucky bastards, aren't they?

Granted Ogbonna shouldn't have faffed around for the first, but handball by Janssen? The second falls so fortunately for Kane from poor keeping from Randolph, with Oggy positioned to clear. Stupid tackle by Havard for the third.

All down the right side, mind.
Plus with their second, Antonio did that silly jump in the air as the bloke shaped to cross, we tell cub footballers not to do this, makes it so easy for the attacking team to get round the back.
Schoolboy error again, poor bugger cannot defend for toffee..
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

Absolutely gutted at the end of the game. Thought we played pretty well, but those silly defensive miscues cost us.

Randolph and Adrian are both about average. He made a brilliant save early, but that miscue for the goal was terrible.

Zaza is so bad. Just so bad.
Beefy's mum

Post by Beefy's mum »

sutts07 wrote:Just to echo some of the other posts, have never been goaded at an away game as much as I was yesterday.

Small pockets of trouble all over the place and loads of fans looking for it. On the trains, by the stations, all along the high street... it was all over the place.

Spurs clearly feel they have a point to prove when we visit them and the police didn't have a hold of it at all. Quite a few innocent fans were caught up in things they have no interest in as a result and I don't think Spurs did themselves any favours considering they still have to come to us this season.
This surely can't be a serious post :lol:
bobo

Post by bobo »

Didn't want to post after the game just felt sick but while I'm watching you can almost see it happening...

Such a soft underbelly it's crazy and been a massive problem for quite a while under Bilic, something we haven't sorted out since last season that for sure.

Too many players go missing and can't keep the level of performance up for 90minutes forget the poor subs for a moment but we have players that just go missing in games which cost us points.

It's not acceptable & needs addressing as its now become a bit of a rut that we've fallen in.

On another note, what has happened to Ogbonnna?? He is a prime example of a player just rolling over in crucial parts of the game.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Thought Nordtveit did well when he came on.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

sjb958 wrote:Thought Nordtveit did well when he came on.

So you are just a wind-up merchant then. Crying out loud. :lol:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Once Man Utd dump us out of the league cup and we're back in the bottom three well look back at this game as the moment everything went to utter sh!te.

I'm struggling to see how we'll stay up because we've lost Reid now, probably our best player after Payet, for games where we really need him. By the time he is back we could be deep in it.

After yesterday there's a weird part of me that wants this to completely screw up now. I've resigned myself to knowing I'll never see Oxford become a top player for us, to Payet leaving and to this season being a complete write off, a spectacular relegation marred with lots of trouble with the stadium and team would be just what the board deserve.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Jumby wrote:
I'm struggling to see how we'll stay up because we've lost Reid now, probably our best player after Payet, for games where we really need him. By the time he is back we could be deep in it.
2 yellows so one game only.....but he will still be a huge loss for said game.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I see people 'feeling sick' and all the ensuing 'banter' from people.
It's the morning after now and I still haven't mustered a care about the result.
I barely flinched either when we scored and I think I had more passion about Tottenham getting corners for a £20 bet.

This club is truly dying to me now and it's ****ing horrible.
LincolnshireHammer wrote:Have a word with yourself
Why?
Last edited by rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gazzaloz
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Gazzaloz »

Trying to be objective, Spurs probably deserved the points on chances and possession but to lose when you are 2-1 up with two minutes to play is just incompetent.
I thought Ayew, for a £20 million player, was a bit of a disappointment yesterday.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Gazzaloz wrote:Trying to be objective, Spurs probably deserved the points on chances and possession but to lose when you are 2-1 up with two minutes to play is just incompetent.
I thought Ayew, for a £20 million player, was a bit of a disappointment yesterday.
He should've had the first goal as Antonio practically stole it off him, he was there to head it in too. He'll be fine, just needs to build up his match fitness