Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 West Ham Utd (19/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Georgee Paris »

Sometimes I think the amount we seem to have looked battered is determined by how much you are bothered by the result... if you aren't massively bothered then you might see the game slightly different than those that were massively dreading or worried about the result. If you expected to get beat finding yourself winning for 85 mins would be different to someone who thought we might get a good result only to have that dashed.
cocoon
Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Post by cocoon »

Romford wrote:Saw more trouble yesterday than there was against Chelsea...nothing in the papers today i take it ???

NEVER trust a Journo...ever :thup:
Agreed mate but been like that over there a while now, they seem to get away with it as do most other fans do against us.

Think one paper has picked up in it online today so no doubt be a few articles tomoz as the there vid, looks like our younger lot ?

No doubt the journos be trawling this site now as they seem to get a lot from this site usually all the b*llocks stuff.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

cocoon wrote:
Agreed mate but been like that over there a while now, they seem to get away with it as do most other fans do against us.

Think one paper has picked up in it online today so no doubt be a few articles tomoz as the there vid, looks like our younger lot ?

No doubt the journos be trawling this site now as they seem to get a lot from this site usually all the b*llocks stuff.
They only use the stuff they can throw at us...its very popular to have a dig at anything WHUFC at the mo.

The Policing situation over there is an absolute joke....how they keep that Park lane open and just face us has always been a disgrace.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

We definitely didn't get battered. What actually happened was we controlled the game expertly, allowed them to Dick around with the ball at Home whilst doing little with it, led twice before gifting them 3 soft as **** goals due to individual errors not because there was issues with the team in general. Making all the subs is what also contributed to losing a result, let alone a win. We embarrassed Spurs for 88 minutes at their gaff, yet only took 8 minutes to play just as embarrassing to throw it all away. They definitely didn't earn a result.

Like I've said before, Bilic shouldn't have made changes for the changes sake, as neither Ayew or Sakho were blowing out of their arse and we're both affecting the game by giving Spurs something to think about the entire time they were on the pitch. By taking them off not being injured or running out of puff, just gave them the encouragement they needed to keep pressing on until we eventually broke down with Zaza contributing next to nothing up front, making poor decisions and constantly getting himself offside which Sakho wasn't doing and exacerbating the issues more by taking off our best player for a donkey. If it ain't broken, don't ****ing fix it Bil! I was convinced he should have left the subs til the dying moments of the match in the last 10 to soak up the pressure and kill the game off.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

I still don't know how we lost.

I don't know how Kane scored twice much less got MotM.

We badly need a RB. All 3 of their goals came from that side.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I see people 'feeling sick' and all the ensuing 'banter' from people.
It's the morning after now and I still haven't mustered a care about the result.
I barely flinched either when we scored and I think I had more passion about Tottenham getting corners for a £20 bet.

This club is truly dying to me now and it's ****ing horrible.
Have a word with yourself
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

sendô wrote:I still don't know how we lost.

Soon as Antonio got that yellow they targeted him.. they knew he couldnt dare make a challenge
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

cocoon wrote:

I guess the Spurs equivalent of Karren Brady hasn't been slagging their own fans off all over the media either which helps keeping things lower profile. Who needs journalists when you have the enemy within?
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

sendô wrote:We badly need a RB. All 3 of their goals came from that side.
The only signing we made this summer that I thought was worth the hassle was a RB but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

sendô wrote:I still don't know how we lost.

Sky sports 4 latest news articles are

"Kane one of worlds best"
"Kane deserves more money"
"Watch Premier league goals" and
"Kane shows Janssen the way"

Unreal
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Romford wrote:Saw more trouble yesterday than there was against Chelsea...nothing in the papers today i take it ???

NEVER trust a Journo...ever :thup:
Daily Mirror has a video of a bigger mob of older spurs lot trying to get to some younger West Ham, with 2 coppers holding them back !
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

[/quote]

Daily Mirror has a video of a bigger mob of older spurs lot trying to get to some younger West Ham, with 2 coppers holding them back ![/quote]

I don't know where that was but it looks like the usual story of hundreds of coppers around the ground but where it kicks off the are nowhere to be seen - and on this occasion just two officers without riot gear are there to keep the two groups apart.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Here it is:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te ... st-9296179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope the cops enhance it at 45secs - I reckon the big Spud in black with gloves on is carrying.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Do you reckon our SLO will get involved in finding out these problems ?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

What does my nut in is the double standards of it all....we get treated like **** at home and away by the club and the plod.

The way the club deals with this sort of thing makes it happen even more...and actually allows other mobs a free hand at having a dig.

Yesterday was one big "honeytrap" for anyone who had any sort of pride....and would not allow themselves to be treated unfairly or intimidated by muppets.

That the media is also turning a blind eye too is typical....
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Doc H Ball wrote:Here it is:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te ... st-9296179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope the cops enhance it at 45secs - I reckon the big Spud in black with gloves on is carrying.
Umbrella !!
cocoon
Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Post by cocoon »

Romford wrote:What does my nut in is the double standards of it all....we get treated like **** at home and away by the club and the plod.

The way the club deals with this sort of thing makes it happen even more...and actually allows other mobs a free hand at having a dig.

Yesterday was one big "honeytrap" for anyone who had any sort of pride....and would not allow themselves to be treated unfairly or intimidated by muppets.

That the media is also turning a blind eye too is typical....
Totally agree there, you can bet anything that our youngsters defending themselves will be the only if any gets pulled up. Where the club now ? Why ain't they asking questions, why ain't Brady in the papers ? Double standards to the core, only so much some can take and then you see the response from the club b and media when we have had enough of this ****ing bull****.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

We will always be a club that will have fans that will react badly to being threatened...I saw at least a dozen situations yesterday before and after the game.

That the Police allowed this to happen (inc Spurs standing outside the Bell and Hare within 50 metres of our end with drinks) whilst over 200 Plod in Riot gear looked the other way (inc 2 inspectors and our spotter) was laughable.

What did they think would happen ??

Would the same happen at our much maligned stadium ???

We have plenty of fans who can look after themselves....but the way we are currently Policed at away games is a disgrace. We are being attacked yet getting pulled up when we defend ourselves.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

One thing that does make me laugh though...they all say to a man that we are not a rival but they all seem to spend a load of time reading this forum and mugging off our fans (im their fav apparently)

Anyone on here spend their day on THFC forums ??

I thought not...
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Pop Robson wrote: Umbrella !!
Who takes an umbrella? Maybe he was wearing galoshes as well. Not a bad front.