Manchester Utd 1-1 West Ham Utd (27/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Re: Manchester United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by fjthegrey »

Yea Why Not wrote: He didn't pull his hands away from saving it. He had no chance, turned and winced hoping it went wide/ hit the post. The idea that he moved his hands away from saving it wasn't even mentioned on the live commentary, half time or full time analysis.
He did. I know what I saw. It wasn't a long way away from him and it wasn't going like a rocket either. He anticipated it going wide and it didn't.

What the commentators and analysts were saying was irrelevant. I'm sure they were all too busy sticking their tongues up Pogba's ****hole to pay attention to what actually happened.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Those types of goals are so frustrating because they're the easiest of chances of the lot to take and defend against. Like so often with us, we tend to do the hard work well, only to let ourselves down on occasions with soft easy goals. Used to it now.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Well chuffed with the point and the support was terrific all game long.

Stand outs for me were Ogbonna and Kouyate. They put their all into it yesterday.
Obiang with yet another good performance but Noble, sadly not so good.

Only sour point of the day for me were a few fans around me ripping into Sakho when he went to ground prior to be subbed ("Get up you lazy ****" etc), despite him gesturing straight away he needed to come off the moment he lost the ball.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Colours never run wrote:Those types of goals are so frustrating because they're the easiest of chances of the lot to take and defend against. Like so often with us, we tend to do the hard work well, only to let ourselves down on occasions with soft easy goals. Used to it now.
Totally agree.
All the effort put in and we were cut open so easily for that goal.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

kayahammer wrote:apart from Ayew's cameo (he's looking better with every game)
Bloke behind me was calling him Zaza! :lol:
I didn't have the heart to tell him.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

That central spot where Collins lost it for the goal is where Reid would have been had he not got the Hollywood Mike Dean treatment last week. 2 penalties and a red is just a standard day at the office for him. Unfortunately it's come back to bite us in the b*llocks a week later.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Thought the Plod and Stewarding was spot on for a change ...well done to all involved :thup:
Last edited by Romford on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

fjthegrey wrote: He did. I know what I saw. It wasn't a long way away from him and it wasn't going like a rocket either. He anticipated it going wide and it didn't.
Sorry but that's utter rubbish. He turned wincing hoping it went wide or hit the post. He may have even tried to make himself small incase it came back off the post. Definitely didn't decide not to save it. A lot of people watch replays thinking that they're real time when they rarely are. He didn't have a chance with the header. As I said though, could have possibly came out, attempted to punch and took out Ibra before he headed the ball
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

It's not 'utter rubbish', it's an opinion you know it all bell end.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I believe the Club coaches got to Stratford about 1.20. Without a stop. (Official stop!)

Thats about a 6 1/2 hour journey. :shock:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

fjthegrey wrote:It's not 'utter rubbish', it's an opinion you know it all bell end.
Ha. I'd say it's more like blind love for our other keeper than an opinion :wink:
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

I don't care who we play in goal if they play well, which Randolph did.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

If we felt cheated about the pen that never was, a few Man Utd fans on Twitter felt cheated over Pogba's dive, saying he was 'simply trying to avoid being seriously injured" by Noble's nasty kick out, who should have been red carded.

Beautiful. :thup:

Lead cheerleader was one Andy Goldstein of TalkSport. His tweets were laughable.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Embarrassing blatant dive all day long. Moss (for once) called it absolutely spot on and to top it off by sending off Mourinho for launching bottles into row z because Moss didn't agree with allowing his side to cheat. It was indefensible what Pogba did.l and I'd be embarrassed if one of our players did that.
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

fjthegrey wrote:I don't care who we play in goal if they play well, which Randolph did.
I make you right on this.. i would of said he was definitely one of our stand out players yesterday and those who are slating him are shameful .. feels like anyone in our team makes a mistake nowadays is being crucified on here.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Ogbonna and Kouyate both made goal saving clearances and Randolph made some fine saves too. We rode our luck perhaps but thought we deserved the draw. FWIW I thought that was a stonewall penalty and were ith the other way round, I am sure it would have been given.
A point up there is never to be sniffed at, still think we'll do them in the cup.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

BarryGreen wrote:Collins caught badly for their goal. The larger the gaps between his games, the more concerned I become when he plays. I love him but feel he doesnt have much left to offer at this level. We should be starting to lay the foundations with him and put him through his badges and get him working with the likes of Oxford, Burke. And the young defenders clisely.
Collins was at fault but if you watch the replay Noble sits off Pogba 10yds while pointing around, giving him all the time in the world 40yds from our goal to look up & make the pass.
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

brooking1966 wrote:
Collins was at fault but if you watch the replay Noble sits off Pogba 10yds while pointing around, giving him all the time in the world 40yds from our goal to look up & make the pass.
To be fair I was watchong the game ona dodgy stream from the middle east or somewhere so I did miss that
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

brooking1966 wrote: Collins was at fault but if you watch the replay Noble sits off Pogba 10yds while pointing around, giving him all the time in the world 40yds from our goal to look up & make the pass.
Without wanting to turn this into yet another Noble bitch-fest. That's my biggest issue with him. I love the bloke and even the crappy tackling I can ignore, Scholes did that stuff and he was a hero. But it's the constant standing around pointing. It's almost as if he has two personas, one that can run around and get stuck in, the other is one who stands and points. He can't read the game without standing around in the centre of the park.

The other side of the coin is that Collins was definitely at fault for allowing Ibrahimovic with a completely free header with all the time in the world. They showed a replay on Sunday on the channel I was watching and Collins just stops to scratch his head as Pogba plays the ball. In that split second, Zlatan was 2-3 strides behind him and Collins was nowhere.

Also whilst I acknowledge Randolph had a great game, I still can't phathom why he pulled his arm away from the ball as it dropped in to the goal.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

We have nothing to fear but our own ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. That ladies and gentlemen is the West Ham way
Bang on the money fella.