EFLCQF: Manchester Utd 4-1 West Ham Ut d (30/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

WoodfordJnr

Re: Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread (EFL Cup)

Post by WoodfordJnr »

At the end of the day ... collectively as a team we were woeful. Man U looked on form last night they were up for it at the end of the day and we werent.

As soon as Cresswell went off we looked as though we gave up .. no one going for tackles .. we were second to every ball.

For a team in our position not to be bothered about a quarter final i think is shocking, regardless of who we are playing on the weekend.

0 positives from last night bar a drink in the pub.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Cardiff, it's so predictable that as soon as there's a rough patch you jump on him.

Let your Allardyce bitterness go my friend. It's over.

People are willing to give Bilic time because he's brought a lot of positives with him. Allardyce brought drab football with sole focus on results. When we weren't getting the results he had nothing to fall back on.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I think we've also took for granted just how many goals he's actually scored for the team, some being absolutely massive goals at the time, which ain't all been headers.

16 goals in 50 games in just 2 half seasons back-to-back as well as a few assists since his debut, most in the Premier League, yet I'm being made to believe he's not all that? Come on, that can't be right. The one player who consistantly finds the back of the net with ease, whilst other jokers like Zaza struggle to get one.

That's before noting his general dog like work rate making challenges and getting stuck in. There's good reason why he's been called up by 2 recent England managers.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Jinxed wrote:Of course he didn't want him (Antonio) and that's half the f***ing problem at this club

Let the manager live and die by his decisions and signings, if there not confident in him doing that then f**k him off out of it because he shouldn't be in the job in the first place. All there creating is a power struggle between a know it all chairmen and a manager who had his own philosophy and style of play

Antonio would do well at somewhere like Palace, he'd fit into the way Pardew plays he doesn't fit into Bilic's system so either Back the manager or sack him
This is very much the case, Antonio is an honest often unpredictable player and IMHO a more skilful and effective version of Carlton Cole and made for WHU. I'd have been very happy to wake up this morning and hear that Slav is out. It's now clear to me that the team that performed so well last season was essentially a team he inherited and the team Slav is putting together is full of foreign dross, looks nothing like a premier league team and nothing like WHU.
Patito

Post by Patito »

So apparently Antonio is "technically awful" and Bilic is a "poor Manager that will end up getting West Ham relegated". Anyone would think we'd just had a heavy defeat the way some posters are having melt-downs..... :arry:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Antonio is a great when he plays on his instinct, but as soon as he thinks about it he's usually ****'s it up.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

It really shows people up when we lose and the reactions of posters. Judging by some content this morning, Payet is now the devil and eats babies. Everyone was bad, we lost and it was really disappointing but we go again Saturday.

Fans last night were ace :thup:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Harry Hound wrote: This is very much the case, Antonio is an honest often unpredictable player and IMHO a more skilful and effective version of Carlton Cole and made for WHU. I'd have been very happy to wake up this morning and hear that Slav is out. It's now clear to me that the team that performed so well last season was essentially a team he inherited and the team Slav is putting together is full of foreign dross, looks nothing like a premier league team and nothing like WHU.

Sorry but from which previous manager did Bilic inherit Payet, Antonio and Lanzini from again?

Yeah let's get rid of all that foreign dross, let's drop Payet, Lanzini, Reid and the rest of em :thdn:
DODGYDAL

Post by DODGYDAL »

RichieRiv wrote:Antonio is a great when he plays on his instinct, but as soon as he thinks about it he's usually ****'s it up.

The Marlon Harewood way I like to call it.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Full of foreign dross? Things ya learn. Time we got rid of Reid, Kouyate, Lanzini, Payet, Fernandes, Sakho, Adrian, Obiang, Ayew then.

Granted there's some dross that's been bought in the summer, but it's not fair to say we're full of it and all are ****ers who don't give a **** about the team at all. Most of those above from what I can tell, do care.
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:Somewhat rather embarrassingly, when the 2nd half restarted I honestly checked to see who Fernandes came on for until it dawned on me he'd started.

I did exactly the same, was checking this thread to see who he came on for. So glad it wasn't just me lol!
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Billydinho wrote:Cardiff, it's so predictable that as soon as there's a rough patch you jump on him.

Let your Allardyce bitterness go my friend. It's over.
I'll state this very clearly. No1 I have no bitterness towards Allardyce but never want him to return(due to split between fans). Also have nothing against Bilic & want him to do well.

What is 'predictable' is that our results, form & actual performances have been shockingly bad. We fully deserve to be in the bottom 4. We're playing some awful stuff. This is another Avram Grant MK2 season. Not sacking him at Xmas relegated the club & looking back on it, it was obvious the team had lost its way. This season has all the signs of the same thing. Losing 4-1 at Man Utd is no great shame but it's the manner of the defeats. The players minus a handful don't give a f***. Only IMO but I think SB has lost the dressing room. Ask you this, what credentials does Julian Dicks have to be a coach at a Premiership club? He's a mate of Slavens, that's his CV of getting the job.

As I said, it's a TWIST from me. West Ham United is bigger than any Manager, likeable or not.
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Where the hell was Ayew?
Patito

Post by Patito »

The first difference between Grant's season here and this season, is that Grant didn't have a f***ing outstanding season preceding his toilet season. Bilic did.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Marky wrote:Where the hell was Ayew?

Hopefully being rested for saturday. Knowing our luck, injured.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

You cannot compare Bilic with Grant. Grant got us relegated in his first season. Bilic is in his second season having got us flying high in the league and a decent FA Cup run. To compare the two is nonsensical.

As for Julian Dicks, the questioning of his credentials is nothing new - many were asking questions when he was appointed. However as soon as the season got going and doing well, funnily enough all the doubters melted away. It's also interesting how none of the other coaching staff get picked up for being "slaven's mate".

The biggest question is how a team that performed very well last season, have not rediscovered that form. Lots will pull the cliche that "we over performed", but I don't buy that. If they can perform at that level, they can do it again.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Billydinho wrote:
People are willing to give Bilic time because he's brought a lot of positives with him. Allardyce brought drab football with sole focus on results. When we weren't getting the results he had nothing to fall back on.
SA brought organisation to a defence that looked solid(same nucleus of Adrian, Reid, Collins, Cresswell) knew the basics of how to defend as a Unit. Now we have a mess.Why? But that's history.

What 'positives' have you got out of our defeats vs Watford, Southampton, West Brom & the Man Utd hammering last night?

You think we should stick with Bilic till the end of the season? If that's your viewpoint that's fair enough..but I totally disagree.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Patito wrote:So apparently Antonio is "technically awful" and Bilic is a "poor Manager that will end up getting West Ham relegated". Anyone would think we'd just had a heavy defeat the way some posters are having melt-downs..... :arry:
I stand by that, have always thought so. Someone of his age cannot still be "raw", he's just not very good with the ball at his feet. Crossing, passing, defence, all somewhat erratic.
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

i blame the new stadium.

:lol:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

We weren't even that bad last night.

We were playing a fired up Man Utd away in the league cup with a less than full strength team though. :o