EFLCQF: Manchester Utd 4-1 West Ham Ut d (30/11/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Re: Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread (EFL Cup)

Post by the pink palermo »

Doc H Ball wrote: Amongst all the talk about billion pound buyouts, £20m players, naming rights etc etc it's the SMALL things that grate on me most.

Taking minimum allocations, not running trains, heavy handed disrespect for our own, not originally backing ticket price reductions etc etc.

It would be relatively cheap for the owners to encourage away attendances but they see nothing in it for them, (despite the obvious advantages) and this shows them up for what they are more than anything else.
All of the things you describe are classic Brady actions .Penny wise and pound foolish my mum used to call it .

It's contempt for your "customers" , a belief they can be taken for granted as there is always someone else to sell a ticket or T shirt to .
Albie Beck wrote: Was that you that set it off? Frightened the life out of me... as I was gently dozing at the wheel :D
- but I though it was on the other side?
Fairly lit up the sky didn't it , like a scene from Apocalypse Now , all it lacked was flight of the Valkyries playing on the tape deck .
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

so was Ayew out injured or did he go missing?
CleverDev

Post by CleverDev »

I took my young son on Wednesday night to introduce to him what it's all about to support the Irons. You know what - despite the 11 hours travelling, the defeat and poor performance he loved it. He didn't expect anything else result wise but he always had hope. I've been going to UP for 40 years but missed out on a season ticket despite being on the waiting list (my fault). He's the type of person that this board should be trying to attract but their desperation in filling the bowl has led to many non true fans getting hold of tickets.

I'll keep trying to get tickets for us as I'm only interested in the fans, the team but nothing the board does or says.
danski78
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by danski78 »

CleverDev wrote:I took my young son on Wednesday night to introduce to him what it's all about to support the Irons. You know what - despite the 11 hours travelling, the defeat and poor performance he loved it. He didn't expect anything else result wise but he always had hope. I've been going to UP for 40 years but missed out on a season ticket despite being on the waiting list (my fault). He's the type of person that this board should be trying to attract but their desperation in filling the bowl has led to many non true fans getting hold of tickets.

I'll keep trying to get tickets for us as I'm only interested in the fans, the team but nothing the board does or says.

I am on the waiting list. With claret membership I have been able to pick a ticket up for most games. Arsenal was my first game in block 225.. have to say its not great up there and it is full of randoms ( of course am also one but I have been going to UP/OS for around 25 years so I am at least a fan ) I know we are told that there are 50k on the waiting list and most people assume that is nonsense but I would be really interested to know how many genuine hammers fans are on that waiting list vs non west ham fans that currently have a season ticket... without the plus twos could we have filled that stadium with genuine hammers fans ??