West Ham Utd 1-5 Arsenal (03/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

SXreject

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by SXreject »

it's the boards fault they have invested f*** all, got a free ground and got in loan players who are **** I appreciate we do have injuries but I'm ****ed off
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

So we're now the sixth best team in London, and rightly so, Arsenal never got out of second gear and still ripped us a new one ... embarrassing ...

The club's board will claim 55,000 and congratulate themselves in their ivory tower ... little do they know, or care, that of the 35,000 WHU fans (I honestly reckon the away and 'tourists' were about 20,000 today) maybe 30% are now seriously thinking about giving it all up ...

Sure you can sell 55,000 discount tickets for a Cat 1 game, so what? for the remaining games where you need the 'true' fans to come out on a cold, wet, dark, night, or on a transport nightmare shopping weekend, that won't happen and the stadium will be a ghost town ... will be interesting to see how many show up for the Burnley game ... half full would be my guess ...
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

This is a particularly brutal run in to Christmas.....Chelsea, Man U twice, Arsenal and Liverpool. Let's not get too down if we only pick up a point from that series. True, the manner of yesterday's defeat was disappointing. The best we can do is hope for easier winnable games in future, injured players coming back and a better transfer window. Our defensive line desperately needs help. Our midfield desperately needs a midfield general and needs help. That much is clear. In my world, the board should keep out of it. Let Sir Trevor Brooking advise, the board provide investment without going crazy ala the Icelanders crazy days and hope for the best. We have a bit of an uphill battle ahead, so let's not worry about the stadium or anything that creates division. United we stand, divided we fall.

We have been here before chaps and chapettes.....let's not lose the plot :) A good old fashioned West Ham battle awaits us for the rest of the season.

Win, lose or draw, WE are West Ham United. The owners, players, management are allowed to represent us for a while. Some of them ARE us or become us. They never stop being West Ham their whole lives. Others come and go.

Let's get back to basics and stand up as a lifelong West Ham folk no matter what. That is how we show temporary owners and management who WE are and that WE are beyond any one season. We are here forever. When we go, our kids take our place throughout the generations. The owners are merely allowed to have the honour of representing us. They do not own the club. We do.

Crickey, that turned into a bit of a speech. Sorry about that.

Cheer up chaps and chapettes.....these things are sent to try us.
Last edited by rsnwhu on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

IronworksDave wrote:So we're now the sixth best team in London, and rightly so, Arsenal never got out of second gear and still ripped us a new one ... embarrassing ...

The club's board will claim 55,000 and congratulate themselves in their ivory tower ... little do they know, or care, that of the 35,000 WHU fans (I honestly reckon the away and 'tourists' were about 20,000 today) maybe 30% are now seriously thinking about giving it all up ...

Sure you can sell 55,000 discount tickets for a Cat 1 game, so what? for the remaining games where you need the 'true' fans to come out on a cold, wet, dark, night, or on a transport nightmare shopping weekend, that won't happen and the stadium will be a ghost town ... will be interesting to see how many show up for the Burnley game ... half full would be my guess ...
Hence buy extra tickets sent to ST holders................
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

20 minutes to go, a big London derby, we concede a third goal and THOUSANDS start streaming out

That moment was my worst ever as a supporter

Truly wish these cancerous bastards had never sold Birmingham.
claret and bobby

Post by claret and bobby »

I don't think we need to panic and we won't be going down. Twice we were growing into the game and they sucker punched us to make it 1 and 2 nil. Granted we fell apart at the end and the defending at the start was terrible but the defence is on life support at the moment. Fletcher has a great touch and will get better as time goes on. Ayew is class and will come good as he gets sharper. Big Andy is back. We will be alright if we get a proper right back in Jan. There's obviously room for a lot more replacements but a good rb will keep us up.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not at our best today, but not at our worst either .

Once again chasing a game already gone makes us look worse than we are .
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

New stadium to blame for our spanking ?
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

the pink palermo wrote:Not at our best today, but not at our worst either .

Once again chasing a game already gone makes us look worse than we are .

Genuinely what is our worst?

For me that was today.
SussexExile

Post by SussexExile »

I'm generally glass half full and optimistic. Old enough to have been through the mill more than a few times in my 40 years of going. Wednesday night and tonight were two of the most unforgivable performances I can remember. No shame in losing to either Arsenal or Man U, but it's the manner of the defeats that are beyond any excuses. Wednesday was bad enough. Tonight we looked like a poor Sunday team. Abysmal. Fletcher, Reid, Ogbonna and Obiang are the only ones who can take their wages this week without feeling embarrassed. Just got home and I'm utterly devastated. If I had a dog I'd kick it.
TheCoyote

Post by TheCoyote »

Im expecting many a sooks at the below post but oh well....

Has anyone actually thought that perhaps the reason you are not liking the new stadum is because we are getting absolutely spanked week in week out? Crazy thought I know

In any case the idea that Upton Park was some form of Mecca that cant be replaced says more about your desire, then the club itself. Maybe you didnt support West Ham because you loved the club, maybe you supported out of convenience to your situation and now the convenience is gone, so has everything else? Fans make the club, not the ground. Many many many clubs worldwide have moved stadium and I havnt seen people fight it and create such a negative atmosphere as we have

Either way knuckle down and show some fricken heart. The players are showing no heart out there at the moment and no wonder given how little heart exists in the stands
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

chalks wrote:20 minutes to go, a big London derby, we concede a third goal and THOUSANDS start streaming out

Didn't we concede the third with about 10 mins to go? Hardly surprising people left. the time it took for me to get from ****, overpriced seat in the gods to the exit I had seen carroll's goal and oxlade-chamberlains

But yes I agree the club is ****ed. **** owners, poor manager, below average players and terrible ground. A very low point
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

TheCoyote wrote:
Either way knuckle down and show some fricken heart. The players are showing no heart out there at the moment and no wonder given how little heart exists in the stands
Nah, I couldn't give a f*** about the Club anymore. Like I said elsewhere, back the team but screw the Club.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

TheCoyote wrote: Either way knuckle down and show some fricken heart. The players are showing no heart out there at the moment and no wonder given how little heart exists in the stands
When you've got owners who don't give a feck ... have just watched two consecutive performances where the majority of players clearly don't give a feck ... it's pretty hard for the fans to get behind them ...

Add to that the fact that die-hard fans have been scattered around a soulless bowl interspersed with away fans and day trippers ... there were at least twenty obvious Arsenal fans in my 'home' section ... and what do you expect?

The away fans are still amongst the best in the league ... but even they are starting to feel unloved ...

The atmosphere is a two way street, the players need to lift the fans just as the fans need to lift the players ... it can't be all one-way which is what we are seeing now ... there has to be some changes ....
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

TheCoyote wrote:Im expecting many a sooks at the below post but oh well....

Has anyone actually thought that perhaps the reason you are not liking the new stadum is because we are getting absolutely spanked week in week out? Crazy thought I know

In any case the idea that Upton Park was some form of Mecca that cant be replaced says more about your desire, then the club itself. Maybe you didnt support West Ham because you loved the club, maybe you supported out of convenience to your situation and now the convenience is gone, so has everything else? Fans make the club, not the ground. Many many many clubs worldwide have moved stadium and I havnt seen people fight it and create such a negative atmosphere as we have

Can I just tell you to f*** off you **** :crest: since 1965

I'm gonna apologise for that straight away. It's 1.30 on a cold morning and I'm stood outside a club after my set and I'm still really ****ing angry. But you are so , so wrong for mate, do wrong
Last edited by Devs Hampton on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

The chant of your not West Ham anymore from the library ****ers screams a lot of realism to me! Start of the season we should have been challenging this lot, we are literally light years away from them, we are dog
**** and the only way we will stay up is if there is 3 worse teams than us come may
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Lets be factual.

Today there is more than just the usual sources of blame at play.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I think for many today was the straw that broke the camels back, it could have quite easily been five by halftime, and even after they scored the fifth they nearly scored another, we were so bad it was embarrassing.

I don't care what anyone says, that stadium has had a negative impact, absolutely no question.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

chalks wrote:20 minutes to go, a big London derby, we concede a third goal and THOUSANDS start streaming out

That is unforgivable. I've seen some truly poor performances back int he day but never left early. Says a lot about who is making up the crowd at the new ground.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Pathetic from everyone today, players, Bilic (I'm his biggest fan), and the supporters. Flat from the first minute, just pathetic