West Ham Utd 1-5 Arsenal (03/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

pigiron

Re: West Ham United v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by pigiron »

http://www.thearsenalhistory.com/?p=10017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

we stuck by our team that day.
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

I never read the match thread before posting on it - but I'd imagine this is a meltdown right now - and deservedly so.

Overall, I don't think we were 5-1 bad in this game, and at 70 minutes we were looking the most likely to get even - until Big Andy stood on the touchline! (Of course it wasn't his fault). From Slav's point of view I suppose he had to gamble to rescue the game. However, the lessons from the first half where we were exposed down our right time and time again were forgotten in the subs made - and the ground we had fought to regain was totally lost from the second goal on. I had wondered who he'd take off, because to me at the time, any unforced change was going to upset the balance - as it proved. Nothing gained nothing ventured though.

At the end of the day, you get what you deserve and the club right now is a total shambles and we deserve this kind of thumping. This will hopefully help to sort out the men from the boys. Step forward now only those who are prepared to roll up the sleeves, dig in, and show why they are where they are.

Liverpool away next. Lovely.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

I have woken, and it was not all a bad dream.

Very hard to take many positives from the game, other than to thank the kind KUMBER for his season ticket loan and entry to the Boleyn (magnificent seats!)
WeallwantMoore

Post by WeallwantMoore »

chalks wrote:20 minutes to go, a big London derby, we concede a third goal and THOUSANDS start streaming out

That moment was my worst ever as a supporter

Truly wish these cancerous bastards had never sold Birmingham.
People leave early coz it takes frigging forever to get on the train after a game. Most who leave have kids....the 3rd went in with about 10 to go not 20....I've also seen the Boleyn empty out like that on many occasion too

It's not something new.....
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

To be fair I'm going to agree with Chalks.

The sheer amount of people who stood up and left when that 3rd goal went in was embarassing. I'm really glad we scored not long after, just to prove a point that people shouldn't leave.

Don't get me wrong, if we've just ticked over in to the 90th minute, and Arsenal had then just gone 0-3 up. Then I'd have a real issue staying to the end and showing my "appreciation" to the team.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

I don't think many who go over there are even there for the football.
Claretdave
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

WeallwantMoore wrote:
People leave early coz it takes frigging forever to get on the train after a game. Most who leave have kids....the 3rd went in with about 10 to go not 20....I've also seen the Boleyn empty out like that on many occasion too

It's not something new.....
I never understand that argument. It is is to do with "taking frigging forever to get on the train after a game" then surely you should leave on the 80th minute every game?

People left on the 80th minute because they didn't like the result.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

If the players have the energy we can cope. They don't now. If they are ORGANIZED they can cope. As we all saw today, they are not. How come they look like running around like chicken?

Arbeloa and Noble were defensivly awful yesterday, but it's very much up to Bilic himself to organize the team properly. With Dicks by his side.

And if these two can't find a way to get the players energy, who can?

Why do we implode after 75 minutes?

I like Bilic, but where is the tactics? You can play with far worse players than we have and still got some results if we play like a TEAM, how come we don't?

I feel sorry for Obiang, he does a lot of important work, but can't do it alone...

(Masuaku, Fletcher, Fernandez and Lanzini did alright too, with Obiang they are all the new young core... at least some positive...)
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

chalks wrote:20 minutes to go, a big London derby, we concede a third goal and THOUSANDS start streaming out

Exactly what I predicted. At the end I was the only one left in my row. Even my son who went to Manchester couldn't take any more.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Marky »

To be fair I was the only one left on my row at Old Trafford after 85 minutes. It's not just the home support that leave early
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

I can't muster up a coherent sentence at the moment so I won't comment on the game.

With regards to leaving early though. The plan for us was we was always going to leave early as we had about 15 minutes to make it back to Stratford station to get the train. And when we did get back - the platforms and trains were absolutely rammed. So much so that one of ours didn't get to the front of the platform in time and was told by train staff that it was full and he had to wait an hour for the next one on a freezing cold platform.

Just the tonic after that absolute clusterf**k of a display on the pitch eh.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Marky wrote:To be fair I was the only one left on my row at Old Trafford after 85 minutes. It's not just the home support that leave early
The 4.5 hour car drive home didn't help :lol: we left five minutes at Old Trafford then got stuck in traffic outside the stadium for about 40 minutes.

Never going there again.
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

I think there are more important things to worry about than people leaving early!
When I used to go on my own at the Boleyn I stayed until the end for every game. I now take my nine year old who a) wouldn't stop moaning about being bored b)no way back at 3-0 ( we stayed until the end for the Sunderland ) c) takes an age to get from ground to station.
if we were winning or the games were even close us and plenty more would stay!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I'll hold my hands up, I left. Simply because I've had enough of these 3 c**** taking the piss. I've been moved to a **** part of the stadium, next to a section of freebie tickets where Arsenal c**** are in with us goading the home fans when they score. That's my worst moment as a supporter...how the f*** has it got to the point where opposition supporters are in on free tickets, jumping up and down when they score, then turning around giving the large to all of us.

I'll be honest, it's an effort to set foot in the ****hole. A new low every week.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Katie wrote:Haven't beaten them at home in about a decade, this isn't about the stadium. It's a bit of grass with the same people watching, it's about chronic under investment from the board as usual.

They didn't under invest, think we were 7th or 8th biggest spenders in PL during the summer.

They just invested in utter rubbish - that's the problem.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1191 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Iron George wrote:They just invested in utter rubbish - that's the problem.
Of the permanent deals Fernandes, Ayew, Fletcher and Masuaku could all do rather well. Not as bad a window as some make out and another smoke screen perhaps for our poor season so far.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

None of the summer buys/loans improved last seasons first choice starting eleven.

We bought squad players rather than two top quality players that would start every week.
Claretdave

Post by Claretdave »

ironilunga wrote:
Of the permanent deals Fernandes, Ayew, Fletcher and Masuaku could all do rather well. Not as bad a window as some make out and another smoke screen perhaps for our poor season so far.
Fernandez and Fletcher have both looked promising, but are not ready to start yet.

Manukau is good enough to be a back up left back. He is just nowhere near as good as Creswell.

Ayew has been injured.

Fergouli, Tore, Nordvelt and Zaza have not come off.

The failure in the window was to sign who we needed, as well as let someone go who was our first choice back up defender, and would have started yesterday.

Instead of a top quality right back, striker and more depth all over, we have signed variations of the inconsistent winger.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Fernandes is average. He's not quick, he's not skilful abd his touch is quite poor. He reminds me of Shaun Newton to be honest.

Arthur is the best of a very bad bunch.
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

If Lanzini would of played a simple pass to put Fernandes in yesterday we go 1-0 up. Instead, he hung on to it and had a shot himself from an acute angle - Cech made the comfortable save.

Thought Randolph could of done a lot, lot better with some of their goals too. He was beaten far too easily on a couple of occasions.