Liverpool 2-2 West Ham Utd (11/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just back from another top night in Liverpool.

Thought we deserved the point and proud of how they dug in. Reid was again immense - what a player! I'm surprised that nothing more has been made of him having a go at Nordveit which carried on until after the final whistle. He was clearly pissed off with him.

There was close to f*** all their keeper could do about Payet's free kick. The pundits can say what they like, but this was my view which was much closer to Karius'. I am also taking credit for shouting at him full blast 'top right, top right'.

I was rather less chuffed when Randy's error was compounded by Origi's pathetic shot going in off the inside of the post. Here's me courtesy of The Daily Nazi (sorry Mail) in my own private disabled section saying 'Oh f***'!

Hung around afterwards speaking to the natives. I've never got the hate on here. One of the best days out for a football match you can ever have :thup:

Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

Me to

Always had a good laugh with the scousers and they all seem to like prefer us as there London Club
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Like the last photo Doc, classic
continental skills
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Korea Hammer wrote:Did anyone think we were lucky not to give away two penalties. I did.
Yes, the six Liverpool supporters I was surrounded by in the pub.

One of them also told me at one point that there was nothing he hated more in football than cheating.
Then he did a double-take, realized he was speaking to West Ham fan, and did admit he was a complete hypocrite saying that.
Hammertapp
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Hammertapp »

Top day for a first trip up to anfield. Support was fantastic and we came away with a deserved point. Great stuff!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'd be one of the first to say it's a penalty against us if I genuinely felt it to be true, but neither penalty shouts warranted a Penalty.

As for HANDBALL anywhere on the pitch, even if it clearly hits a player on the chest or head at Anfield.... :asleep:
kentishiron
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by kentishiron »

After they went one up I thought we were gonna get battered. However we responded brilliantly and I thought we were the better team in the first half. Second half conceding early threw us right under the bus and we did well to hold out for a deserved point. Cannot argue with getting a point coming from behind against a very strong and in form Liverpool team at Anfield, especially with how bad we have been.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Up the Junction wrote:I was so hoping Carroll would pat him on the head, Benny Hill style.
I think Mane looks like Kim's baby from Eastenders , just an observation .
Patito

Post by Patito »

WTID wrote:We have a golf of space between midfield and striker playing this wing back system all the time.

Think it's more like a Range Rover :oops: